• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I You Guys See Where We Could Get Better in The Secondary Now

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Culliver in our secondary. My opinion is he's physically gifted but I don't get the sense he's the hardest "worker" in our secondary. It feels (I have no evidence) that he's relying on his physical talent. If he would get committed to learning the craft he could be really good. That's all opinion and my gut feeling. No facts to back this up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Culliver in our secondary. My opinion is he's physically gifted but I don't get the sense he's the hardest "worker" in our secondary. It feels (I have no evidence) that he's relying on his physical talent. If he would get committed to learning the craft he could be really good. That's all opinion and my gut feeling. No facts to back this up.

He's still learning. He was a Safety in college.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know that this is the best game to use to criticize our DBs. Rodgers didn't get anything for free. He had to make some great throws just to get what he did. If Atlanta advances today, I think we'll be glad to have a guy with Culliver's physical ability at the CB position. It'll be a good test for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goldson is effective because his run support is very good. so the first question is......how good is Culliver at run support?

don't know but if i had to guess, he's better at coverage......much better.

it is difficult to find quality CB's, i'd let him start at CB before FS, and then adjust if necessary.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what wrong you think Culliver committed yesterday. He didn't allow any touchdowns. The only big play he allowed was to James Jones and that play wasn't bad. Culliver tipped the pass. Jones just made an incredible second effort.

And the pass was perfectly placed.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any other free safeties in the league that bring the physicality every game like Goldson does. This does strike fear in opponents. His onfield success is tremendous. He's broken up plays and players.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any other free safeties in the league that bring the physicality every game like Goldson does. This does strike fear in opponents. His onfield success is tremendous. He's broken up plays and players.

His constant search for that "blow up" hit has caused one or more penaties to be assessed against the team in just about every game in the last quarter of the season. He's becomng a liability in my opinion.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's been some bad penalties but overal the whitner goldson combo works well with what we do. whitner is a liability in pass coverage but fangio has done a great job not putting whitner in bad spots like last year.

looks like this is a good year for us to get a safety in the draft.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's been some bad penalties but overal the whitner goldson combo works well with what we do. whitner is a liability in pass coverage but fangio has done a great job not putting whitner in bad spots like last year.

looks like this is a good year for us to get a safety in the draft.

I want a Center and a Wide Receiver; either by draft, F.A. or a combination of both.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His constant search for that "blow up" hit has caused one or more penaties to be assessed against the team in just about every game in the last quarter of the season. He's becomng a liability in my opinion.

I have more of a problem with the late blow up hit. If he would cut that shit out then he would be fine. He gets too animated after the plays are over and it is fucking him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more of a problem with the late blow up hit. If he would cut that shit out then he would be fine. He gets too animated after the plays are over and it is fucking him.

Agreed. He is a dynamic player but the fouls he commits hold the team back.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the pass was perfectly placed.

Not true. It was underthrown and Culliver mistimed his jump. He also committed a stupid holding penalty on a nice Ginn punt return. It was a rough day for him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not true. It was underthrown and Culliver mistimed his jump. He also committed a stupid holding penalty on a nice Ginn punt return. It was a rough day for him.

I didn't care about the holding because he was simply trying to make a play for his teammate Ginn. I don't care about the back shoulder throws he always gives up, because very few corners can defend that. I'm just sick and tired of him getting beat deep. He gets burned a lot and people are still making excuses for him. I have noticed his flaws / inept skills since early on during this season and I got ridiculed for it. Slowly I am seeing more and more are beginning to see what I have been telling them all along. The guy is our achilles heel of our defense. Teams have caught on and are targeting him. He's a major liability and I'm afraid one day his inability to cover will cost us big time. I pray and hope that that is not the case!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't care about the holding because he was simply trying to make a play for his teammate Ginn. I don't care about the back shoulder throws he always gives up, because very few corners can defend that. I'm just sick and tired of him getting beat deep. He gets burned a lot and people are still making excuses for him. I have noticed his flaws / inept skills since early on during this season and I got ridiculed for it. Slowly I am seeing more and more are beginning to see what I have been telling them all along. The guy is our achilles heel of our defense. Teams have caught on and are targeting him. He's a major liability and I'm afraid one day his inability to cover will cost us big time. I pray and hope that that is not the case!

I don't think it's THAT bad. That wasn't the point of me starting the thread. I think he's talented, I just don't see him as the cb that we need. I do think his skills would translate better to fs. He's fast, he tackles well, he has ball skills and he knows BOTH positions, I think knowing both positions are huge in terms of understanding where a cb can use help.

He was a fs throughout college, only played his last season at cb, theNiners were the only team to look at him as a cb.

Moving him to fs, adding Rhodes, Poyer or Amerson to cb, plus drafting a ss to compete with Whitner or just to groom for a season would help the cap situation, improve our ball skills in the secondary and keep the defense young.

At least thats how I see it.

Chris Culliver Highlights - YouTube