• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another two game set against the Astr*s - Rangers in Houston June 15 & 16

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to see the Rangers split this series. Gibson/McCullers and Lyles/Greinke are your matchups. I have to think the number of remaining Gibson starts for the Rangers are dwindling.

Rangers come into the series drafting third next year. Back-to-back top 3 picks plus the guys we have currently in the system, and you're looking at a potentially fantastic future for the franchise, not even taking into account what might get brought back at the deadline.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to see the Rangers split this series. Gibson/McCullers and Lyles/Greinke are your matchups. I have to think the number of remaining Gibson starts for the Rangers are dwindling.

Rangers come into the series drafting third next year. Back-to-back top 3 picks plus the guys we have currently in the system, and you're looking at a potentially fantastic future for the franchise, not even taking into account what might get brought back at the deadline.
Has anyone given any thought who might be interested in Gibson and who they have that would be beneficial to the Rangers in a trade?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone given any thought who might be interested in Gibson and who they have that would be beneficial to the Rangers in a trade?

Can't tell you the specific teams, haven't done any due diligence.

Looking at the standing at the moment, you've got 4 teams in each league that are 5 games or less in the WC standings. 8 teams there, plus the 6 division leaders, the 2 WC leaders in the AL and 3 team bunch for the NL WC.

In other words, there are 19 teams in the mix at the moment, and quality available players are a finite resource. The competition to land a starter such as Gibson should be stout.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shane Baz or Cole Wilcox look mighty appealing from the Rays list.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Baz or Cole Wilcox look mighty appealing from the Rays list.
Let the bidding begin.

It looks like Gibson could get 7 or 8 more starts before the deadline. I wouldn't mind if they worked out a deal a little early though. It would be about our luck to have him get injured in late July if we hold on too long.

Myself, I hope we can get 2 really good hitting prospects for him. I would settle for one hitter and one pitcher, but we have a very poor offense and we need a lot of help. Outside of MIF and 3B we don't have much help on the way offensively.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the bidding begin.

It looks like Gibson could get 7 or 8 more starts before the deadline. I wouldn't mind if they worked out a deal a little early though. It would be about our luck to have him get injured in late July if we hold on too long.

Myself, I hope we can get 2 really good hitting prospects for him. I would settle for one hitter and one pitcher, but we have a very poor offense and we need a lot of help. Outside of MIF and 3B we don't have much help on the way offensively.

Rays play in a tough division, I assume they'll want to do what they can to keep their lead intact. They've lost a TORP on June 15th, so any reason to wait until the deadline is out the window, in my opinion. Rangers obviously would prefer a "bidding war" as the deadline clock gets close to running out, but they also run the risk of Gibson getting hurt as you mention.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the bidding begin.

Thinking Xavier Edwards on the hitting side.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good! Keep the game clean like it was intended.
I posted a video about this a few weeks ago. Cole’s spin rate has dramatically increased ever since he left the Pirates.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Morris takes a look at a kid who is a possibility for us to draft with the 38th pick.