• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I won't blame the refs

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And the Ravens having their parade today...makes me sick all over again.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better playcalling and we would not have had to worry about a fourth down call to begin with.

Our coaches worry more about getting flags thrown in their favor than they do about calling common sense plays.

I agree! It did feel as if we chose low-percentage, "close-contact" plays as opposed to putting receivers in the open holes and hitting them. It seems all the other teams can score TD's in the middle of the end-zone from inside the red zone - but, of course, us.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Culliver was named CoMVP of the Super Bowl, he and Flacco were the biggest difference of the outcome of the game. That is the reason why we lost the game!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt Jacoby Jones should be MVP. A long touchdown play in each half. I guess the voters forgot about him because he did his damage before the power outage.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I felt Jacoby Jones should be MVP. A long touchdown play in each half. I guess the voters forgot about him because he did his damage before the power outage.

The same could be said of Flacco...but I agree Jones was more worthy of the MVP. Should have fucking been Kaepernick if they could have only gained 5 more damn yards.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Ravens having their parade today...makes me sick all over again.

Agreed. I can't even watch my normal sports shows because I just don't want to listen to allthe hype about the Ravens.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! It did feel as if we chose low-percentage, "close-contact" plays as opposed to putting receivers in the open holes and hitting them. It seems all the other teams can score TD's in the middle of the end-zone from inside the red zone - but, of course, us.

I can't understand why they were throwing it in the first place. With two minutes and something left you want to run the ball and kill some clock or, at a minimum, make them expend their timeouts. The Niners were running all over the place with Ngata out of the game and they inexplicably went away from it on those last three plays. Those botched calls will bother me for a while.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why they were throwing it in the first place. With two minutes and something left you want to run the ball and kill some clock or, at a minimum, make them expend their timeouts. The Niners were running all over the place with Ngata out of the game and they inexplicably went away from it on those last three plays. Those botched calls will bother me for a while.

Same Brother, same! At 1st & Super Bowl from the 7-yard line we lost our nerve. We "tried" instead of "did", we "hoped" instead of "imposed", we "watched" instead of "participated". All we can hope is that we never make those mistakes again - because we ARE going to get another shot at this!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same Brother, same! At 1st & Super Bowl from the 7-yard line we lost our nerve. We "tried" instead of "did", we "hoped" instead of "imposed", we "watched" instead of "participated". All we can hope is that we never make those mistakes again - because we ARE going to get another shot at this!

It just baffles me that gore wasn't given the rock at all. He'll I bet with 3 straight run plays we could of punched it in!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed! And its more than just a loss. Its the end of our legacy of the championship franchise that does not lose Super Bowls. Its frustrating that a play here or a play there would have led to a different outcome. I think though that we clearly see the areas we need to work on. I like this team going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just baffles me that gore wasn't given the rock at all. He'll I bet with 3 straight run plays we could of punched it in![/QUOTE]

...and killed the clock and made them burn timeouts.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just baffles me that gore wasn't given the rock at all. He'll I bet with 3 straight run plays we could of punched it in!

I have to believe that G-Row hasn't slept well these past couple days. He has to know what nearly every living creature on earth knows about the 2nd, 3rd & 4th down plays.

I wanted to take a page from Elway's playbook and run a QB draw - We had run one earlier in the game for several yards and that was with Ngata in the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! And its more than just a loss. Its the end of our legacy of the championship franchise that does not lose Super Bowls. Its frustrating that a play here or a play there would have led to a different outcome. I think though that we clearly see the areas we need to work on. I like this team going forward.

...Or throws an INT in one either :(

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe that G-Row hasn't slept well these past couple days. He has to know what nearly every living creature on earth knows about the 2nd, 3rd & 4th down plays.

I wanted to take a page from Elway's playbook and run a QB draw - We had run one earlier in the game for several yards and that was with Ngata in the game.

Roman's brain locked. His thought process there simply defies explanation

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Or throws an INT in one either :(

I can live with the INTs but the loss bothers me. We always hung our hat on our championship legacy. All will be forgiven with me though if they win another one.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before the delay of game penalty, weren't they going to run a QB draw/option?

:hurt:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the delay of game penalty, weren't they going to run a QB draw/option?

:hurt:

Kap did take a hitch step before starting to his left - Boone, Gore & Walker were out in front so I think it was the QB sweep play. But it would have picked up yards, if not 6 points.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the plays are going to be called loosely at the end of the game, the coaches should have figured that out. There were other holds and minor grabs that did not get called.

So by calling these routes vs man to man coverage the coaches should have had the idea that there might be a bit of holding that might not get called.

On the same token, if you call running plays in the last 4 plays of the game, if your O-line holds a bit or put their hands up a bit near someone's face mask or some other minor infraction, that probably would not get called either.

Because if Gore has a 5 yard run for a TD, the refs are not gonna take that back because of some little hold by the O-line.

So it might be advantageous to run at the end of the game with 1st and goal at the 7, than to pass? Because that logic that the refs won't want to be the cause of someone winning or losing the Superbowl works both ways.

Fuck wouldn't that have been awesome to see Frank Gore run for 5 yards and have Ray Lewis tackle him 8 yards down the field again? :-) Shit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - he shit the bed no question.

Coming up 5 yards short in the Super Bowl will still haunt Kaepernick forever.

He added only a few more new details on the final, fourth-down play. He said he audibled to the corner fade to Michael Crabtree once Baltimore showed blitz. Crabtree got tangled up with cornerback Jimmy Smith, and Harbaugh begged and pleaded with officials from the sideline for a flag that never came. Kaepernick remained testy and defiant when questioned about his decision.

''I'll take Crab one-on-one with anybody,'' he said, tersely

Apparently Roman is off the hook for the horrendous 4th down call.