• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I won't blame the refs

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that the Ravens got away with the holding/PI on the last play, or the illegal helmet to helmet hit the play before, or the PI on the play before that... it stinks that they got to play outside the rules in order to seal the win. Especially since there was no reason to protect the Ravens like that... if the 49ers scored the Ravens still had plenty of time and all 3 time outs.

The LMJ fumble and Kaep INT completely screwed the team and without those I doubt it would have even came down to the officials ignoring penalties. So that is why I don't feel that the 49ers got robbed, they did more than enough to lose the game for themselves... not to mention all the times they had Flacco for a sack but let him get away to loft up a prayer pass which always seemed to get completed over Culliver.

This was nothing like the 90s where the officials were taking TDs off the board in order to get the chosen team to the Super Bowl... that was getting robbed by the refs. This was the 49ers fucking up beyond belief and putting themselves in a position where they had to play perfect to win.

Just bad luck too, since apparently the 49ers called that roll-out pass anticipating a run blitz and the Ravens were planning to run blitz but at the last moment opted for coverage... with the Ravens guy telling SI that if they stuck with the run blitz the 49ers likely would have scored on the roll-out. Just bad luck.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that the Ravens got away with the holding/PI on the last play, or the illegal helmet to helmet hit the play before, or the PI on the play before that... it stinks that they got to play outside the rules in order to seal the win. Especially since there was no reason to protect the Ravens like that... if the 49ers scored the Ravens still had plenty of time and all 3 time outs.

The LMJ fumble and Kaep INT completely screwed the team and without those I doubt it would have even came down to the officials ignoring penalties. So that is why I don't feel that the 49ers got robbed, they did more than enough to lose the game for themselves... not to mention all the times they had Flacco for a sack but let him get away to loft up a prayer pass which always seemed to get completed over Culliver.

This was nothing like the 90s where the officials were taking TDs off the board in order to get the chosen team to the Super Bowl... that was getting robbed by the refs. This was the 49ers fucking up beyond belief and putting themselves in a position where they had to play perfect to win.

Just bad luck too, since apparently the 49ers called that roll-out pass anticipating a run blitz and the Ravens were planning to run blitz but at the last moment opted for coverage... with the Ravens guy telling SI that if they stuck with the run blitz the 49ers likely would have scored on the roll-out. Just bad luck.

I agree with you on one of those plays; not so much on the other two. I especially agree with you that it never should have come down to that. If the 49ers had not had their heads up their asses for the first two and a half quarters, they'd have won easily.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was sickening.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta work on our passing red zone offense thats for sure.

I just feel gore would of ran one in from there. Its just pisses me off thinking about it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of blame to spread around on this one

The refs were sh***y but they weren't the reason the niners lost

Oh really so it wasn't the refs that robbed us of our final offensive play? Regardless of how bad the previous 3 plays were called, that fade to Crabtree was there and Kaep put the ball in the perfect spot. If he had not been held he likely makes that catch. The Ravens just flat out got lucky that officials don't like to throw a flag in those situations. They will throw it for 59 minutes but not during the last one with the game on line.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really so it wasn't the refs that robbed us of our final offensive play? Regardless of how bad the previous 3 plays were called, that fade to Crabtree was there and Kaep put the ball in the perfect spot. If he had not been held he likely makes that catch. The Ravens just flat out got lucky that officials don't like to throw a flag in those situations. They will throw it for 59 minutes but not during the last one with the game on line.

I agree with Anthem, Kinzu. There were far greater reasons the 49ers lost than what the refs did. For example, not showing up to play for the first two and a half quarters.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The niners were in desparation mode from the first quarter on. Even scoring there guarantees nothing.

The niners should blame themselves first before we put anything on the refs. They were the more talented team who only showed their true selves from the blackout on.

If this was a tightly contested, well played game, then sure, the refs could be the difference. But it had all the makings of a blowout..going down 22 points from their own poor play, the responsibility is on the team, first and foremost.

For the record, I agree it was a penalty but this team is much better than relying on a 4th down call by the referee to save them from themselves.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we overcame all of our short comings and were on the verge of erasing that 22 point lead. If anything you could say the Ravens played just as poorly in the 2nd half as we did in the first to nearly blow the Super Bowl. What's worst falling behind by 22 or blowing a 22 point lead?

That No Call erased all of what we had done to overcome our early problems and allowed the lesser of the 2 teams to win.

The Ravens should have won that game easily. The fact that they were in a position to lose to me shows they did not deserve it. I mean think of it like this. On the most crucial play of the game that ended up deciding the outcome it was not a great defensive play by the Ravens that won them the game. It was a flat out no call by the official looking right at Crabtree and Smith. If you take that away and allow the 2 teams to play it out without poor judgement taking into account we made more plays to win the game than they did.

We did not play perfect, but we played well enough to win.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't play that "this team played better so they deserve to win" game, either.

Right up to the Gore run, I believed the niners were going to score and then hold off the ravens last drive.

I'm not really disagreeing what you are saying but the niners like sh*t in the first half and the score reflected it.

Right after that 4th down play, I did feel that the refs took away that chance of taking the lead. Now looking back, it's hard to point just to one play when there are so many mistakes to point out.