• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I won't blame the refs

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does frank gore not touch the ball once inside the 10? Mind blowing to me! I just don't get it!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of blame to spread around on this one

The refs were sh***y but they weren't the reason the niners lost

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll I bet him getting the ball 3 straight times we could if scored.

Just don't get how we don't use our out strongest weapon. That falls on both roman and harbaugh.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then your taking the easy way out. No reason why we shouldn't have scored in 4 tries.

Gore not touching the ball once. Drives me crazy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Then your taking the easy way out.

There is no "way out." It's a just a fact: the game came down to one play. If the ref's called it correctly, the 49ers would be SB chamions. Since they called it incorrectly, the Ravens are SB champions. All the other non-calls notwithstanding (Ed Reed being off-sides, Miller being held, etc) it came down to one play. And it wasn't a difficult call; they were just afraid to do their jobs & pull the flag out because they didn't want to be the ones to decide a SB. Well, they were the ones to decide it anyway, and they got it wrong.

And one of those clowns was looking at the ball instead of the players. What are you doing looking at the friggn' ball!!!??? There were 2 ref's right there though.

It doesn't make the 49ers get a 6th SB, nor does it make me feel any better. It's just a fact. Seattle was screwed in '04, The Sacramento Kings were screwed in '02 (and I'm not even a basketball fan), and the 49ers were screwed yesterday.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Hockey on this one Sick. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times. It shouldn't come down to that one play. The bad call was only a factor because we put ourselves in that position of being down 28-6. Never should have went down that way. Never. And you could argue the shoe was on the other foot on Bowman's play in ATL. That could have been called as well. ATL shouldn't have gotten into that position either.

The play that made me scratch my head was the Raven CB who pushed the official. I thought that was an automatic ejection. That was odd to me.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they shot the Ravens in the foot an equal amount of times. That's why it came down to 1 play.

We'll have to agree to respectfully disagree on this one.....I'm beat. Night all.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Hockey on this one Sick. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times. It shouldn't come down to that one play. The bad call was only a factor because we put ourselves in that position of being down 28-6. Never should have went down that way. Never. And you could argue the shoe was on the other foot on Bowman's play in ATL. That could have been called as well. ATL shouldn't have gotten into that position either.

The play that made me scratch my head was the Raven CB who pushed the official. I thought that was an automatic ejection. That was odd to me.

Hi guy's. Just reading some of the comments here and this one caught my eye big time. I was very shocked by this because generally it's an automatic that the player is gone. I don't know if it would have made a difference but was puzzled by this for sure.

Sorry, Didn't mean to intrude...carry on people and sorry your team lost.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious hold on Crabtree, there were other bad missed calls. Obviously, Williams should've been ejected for shoving an official. The kickoff return clearly had a hold. The Ravens tackling Niners on the safety did not draw a flag. That didn't make a difference because of a flaw in the rule, but it was indicative of the officials' refusal to do their jobs. Niners could've played better, but the refs could've reffed better, too, and they should be held accountable. When the NFL named the officiating crew, there was controversy about it, and these guys showed last night why they didn't belong in the Super Bowl. The crew last night looked like replacement officials.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 yard rule?

I honestly thought the officials should've called a penalty there. However, if Falcons receivers, especially Julio Jones, weren't allowed to push off all game, that game wouldn't even have been close.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious hold on Crabtree, there were other bad missed calls. Obviously, Williams should've been ejected for shoving an official. The kickoff return clearly had a hold. The Ravens tackling Niners on the safety did not draw a flag. That didn't make a difference because of a flaw in the rule, but it was indicative of the officials' refusal to do their jobs. Niners could've played better, but the refs could've reffed better, too, and they should be held accountable. When the NFL named the officiating crew, there was controversy about it, and these guys showed last night why they didn't belong in the Super Bowl. The crew last night looked like replacement officials.

That's what I heard before the game and ironically they said that this crew called the most holding calls of any crew in the league this year.

Why they were picked IDK but it seems to me that there are a few crews that are much better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A comment here said that they could have called off-setting penalties - holding and PI on Crabtree and Smith - then it would be a replay of down. No deciding the game there (though it should just be PI). No call all around is what drives people crazy.

Someone also pointed out that we could have been called for roughing the passer/late hit on the 4th and 4 in the Atlanta game, but we didn't so this is ok... first of all, that was a judgment call and I'd have to see it again, but second, one luck of fate does not warrant a bad call on the other. Plus, why should the Ravens benefit from karma if the Falcons were screwed over? I can see evening out plays in one game, but two games between at least three total teams? Nah.

I honestly thought the officials should've called a penalty there. However, if Falcons receivers, especially Julio Jones, weren't allowed to push off all game, that game wouldn't even have been close.

Yep, off-setting is ok in the same game close to each other if it's subjective. (I mean, ruling one subjective call to one team and another to the other) but not cross game. And this is if you don't know and really are trying to award it fair - it's ok in the sense that you can feel alright after about it, not that it'd be ok for the ref to purposely rule a subjective call to the opposite team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I heard before the game and ironically they said that this crew called the most holding calls of any crew in the league this year.

Why they were picked IDK but it seems to me that there are a few crews that are much better.

Articles leading up to the Super Bowl suggested that the NFL wanted to show diversity, so they picked an African-American referee. Another theory is that the officials who were the most visible during the labor dispute (like Ed Hochuli) were going to be excluded. In fact, Hochuli didn't even work any of the playoff games this year.

I'm not even saying the Niners would've won if the refs did a good job last night. All I'm saying is that it is okay to be mad at the refs for doing a bad job. All fans should be pissed about that. It is okay to blame the refs for tarnishing the Super Bowl.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've been conditioned to think that any contact = flag (especially when a WR immediately does that flag throwing motion lol)

The initial camera shot just showed Bowman looking like contact before the ball arrived. Looking at White's route in its entirety, it appeared to me that White initiated the contact and Bowman was holding his position.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no "way out." It's a just a fact: the game came down to one play. If the ref's called it correctly, the 49ers would be SB champions.

NinerSickness I think you're "stretching" your facts again.

If the call gets made on 4th down:

We would have been kicking off to the Ravens with either a 1 or 3 point lead and with the Ravens having:

~1:41 & 3 timeouts; or
~1:36 & 2 timeouts; or
~1:31 & 1 timeout; or
~1:26 & 0 timeouts

Or, the Ravens could have just stopped us an additional 4 times and we could have watched them win the SB in Championship formation or punt it back to us with ~1-3 seconds.

In any event, nowhere in any of these scenarios do I see certain victory for the 49ers if the refs made the holding/PI call they should have made.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better playcalling and we would not have had to worry about a fourth down call to begin with.

Our coaches worry more about getting flags thrown in their favor than they do about calling common sense plays.