• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wonder if it's just me...

dpierce

The People's Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day after the win, I heard Eagles players on various sports talk radio shows and saw them on late night talk shows. Slowly but surely, I became livid. See, virtually all I heard throughout the playoffs was how badly the Falcons would beat the Eagles, how badly the Vikings would beat the Eagles, and especially how bad the Patriots would beat the Eagles. I heard about where Tom Brady would rate on the list of all time greats once he won a sixth Super Bowl. I heard about how much greater Bill Belichick would become once the Eagles got out of the way. The Eagles may have been mentioned in passing; I don't remember hearing much good about them before the win. Once they won, suddenly, people couldn't seem to get enough of the Eagles. Talking heads gushing about the greatness of Nick Foles and the gutsy calls of Doug Pederson. Gushing about the hard running of Legarrette Blount and Jay Ajayi. Gushing about the great catches of Cory Clement, Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Aghalor and Zach Ertz. I can't stand it.

I have to admit that I'm not a young man anymore, and that means I've taken a lot of barbs about the Eagles, and as a result, a lot of pent-up anger in me regarding the Eagles. I neither need nor even want to see or hear the love that the Eagles received since winning the Super Bowl. I don't want new fans jumping aboard. * If one doesn't remember 3 and 4 win seasons, the Michael Haddix 1st round pick (to name a bust), or the Jon Harris 1st round pick (to name another), then stay out**. The wagon's full. If one didn't like them when they were bad, one shouldn't come sniffing around now that they've reached the top. Do not fall in love with the Birds since they won it all. They don't know the story and they almost certainly haven't dealt with the pain. Turn around, and just go away. I know it's completely irrational, but am I the only fan who feels this way?

*Of course, if a child falls in love with the Eagles, I'm good with that.
**Older guy memories.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day after the win, I heard Eagles players on various sports talk radio shows and saw them on late night talk shows. Slowly but surely, I became livid. See, virtually all I heard throughout the playoffs was how badly the Falcons would beat the Eagles, how badly the Vikings would beat the Eagles, and especially how bad the Patriots would beat the Eagles. I heard about where Tom Brady would rate on the list of all time greats once he won a sixth Super Bowl. I heard about how much greater Bill Belichick would become once the Eagles got out of the way. The Eagles may have been mentioned in passing; I don't remember hearing much good about them before the win. Once they won, suddenly, people couldn't seem to get enough of the Eagles. Talking heads gushing about the greatness of Nick Foles and the gutsy calls of Doug Pederson. Gushing about the hard running of Legarrette Blount and Jay Ajayi. Gushing about the great catches of Cory Clement, Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Aghalor and Zach Ertz. I can't stand it.

I have to admit that I'm not a young man anymore, and that means I've taken a lot of barbs about the Eagles, and as a result, a lot of pent-up anger in me regarding the Eagles. I neither need nor even want to see or hear the love that the Eagles received since winning the Super Bowl. I don't want new fans jumping aboard. * If one doesn't remember 3 and 4 win seasons, the Michael Haddix 1st round pick (to name a bust), or the Jon Harris 1st round pick (to name another), then stay out**. The wagon's full. If one didn't like them when they were bad, one shouldn't come sniffing around now that they've reached the top. Do not fall in love with the Birds since they won it all. They don't know the story and they almost certainly haven't dealt with the pain. Turn around, and just go away. I know it's completely irrational, but am I the only fan who feels this way?

**Older guy memories.

This post is just a bunch of gobbledy-gook. Of course a team winning the SB is going to attract lame-ass bandwagon hoppers, it's inevitable, and as for the media, its just the way it goes. Either accept it and dont let it bother you, or walk around pissed off in the wake of your favorite team earning the trophy, your choice

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, my new hat I ordered on Amazon should be here tomorrow, Go Eagles Go!...er...I mean Fly Eagles!....fly? Ah whatever, I'll figure it out

thumb.aspx

dpierce

The People's Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is just a bunch of gobbledy-gook. Of course a team winning the SB is going to attract lame-ass bandwagon hoppers, it's inevitable, and as for the media, its just the way it goes. Either accept it and dont let it bother you, or walk around pissed off in the wake of your favorite team earning the trophy, your choice
Of course I'm angry...I'm an Eagles fan. I gotta be angry about something, even when it's a good thing. ;)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a fan since 1957. That's the year we drafted Clarence Peaks. the Browns got Jim Brown. 1968 - Kuharich coached us up to get 4 wins, I think,and we missed out on OJ Simpson (before he became a murderer).
Anyway, I'm not mad, just relieved that we finally won a SB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

**Older guy memories.
Most of the national media and national fans do not pay attention at all. They are ignorant and fully clueless.

Also listen to Kelce's speech. It is cathartic.

:suds:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the sports shows have to jump on the bandwagon.

Though you see how long they waited to ask Nick about his future? I think he was still holding the Lombardi... fucking shameless.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, my new hat I ordered on Amazon should be here tomorrow, Go Eagles Go!...er...I mean Fly Eagles!....fly? Ah whatever, I'll figure it out

thumb.aspx

That hat is on its way to me too.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ me too!

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 2 shirts, pint glass, photo book and bluray! I still think I need more lol

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

**Older guy memories.

Do you know how many people I see (and/or know personally) wear Yankees apparel, Patriots apparel, Cleveland Cavaliers jerseys, etc... and none of the so-called fans can name more than 3-5 players on their teams? It's part of the landscape. As long as you know you are a real fan of your team, who cares what some other shmuck has to say or does because it's trendy for them to hang with the team who wins?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bandwagoners can be annoying, but they are a necessity. they push the team name in and out of the country, helping to add more fans and more $$. you look at a team like the phillies.. it's the difference between filling 40,000+ seats compared to 24,000 for every home game. a decent chunk of those people missing are fairweather, bandwagon fans who lose interest the second the team slows down. even business people taking their clients to a 'cool environment.' but it can also create fans.. who, for whatever reason.. latch on and stay legit fans for life.

back when the sixers went to the finals with iverson, i spent several years leading up to that either watching every single game or getting courtside tickets to others. during the playoffs i had so many fans, especially women, who knew nothing about the sport constantly asking me "did you watch the game last night?!" trying to get excited and talk about them like they had a clue. i'd just smirk and say "there was a game on?" and walk away thinking.. yep, just keep buying gear or tickets so the team makes some money.