• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought this was funny

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about Dean's history, frankly I'm getting a littple annoyed that every point he has tried to make is instantly dismissed because of it.

And saying the only evidence we have is those first 8 weeks is simply not true. Again he came into the drqft with very real concerns about his feet. And again you may not agree with this s evidence but denying it exists is not nonsense, do I realoy need topost pre draft links? Again it's not t gospelo but it is evidence.

You can post what ever you want and I really doubt anyone gives a shit that you are annoyed. My position would still be the same. Opinions aren't evidence (including mine). On field play is. And a few weeks in a new position in the NFL is just too soon to say he is a bust (opinion). And maybe that's the rub that Dean causes. His posts tend to state his opinions as facts and he uses other's opinions (mostly bloggers and posters here) to claims facts.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post what ever you want and I really doubt anyone gives a shit that you are annoyed. My position would still be the same. Opinions aren't evidence (including mine). On field play is. And a few weeks in a new position in the NFL is just too soon to say he is a bust (opinion). And maybe that's the rub that Dean causes. His posts tend to state his opinions as facts and he uses other's opinions (mostly bloggers and posters here) to claims facts.

So dozens of pre draft reports are not evidence? Hearing from a hard core Iowa fan who has watched every game closely is not evidence? Sorry that logic makes zero sense to me, of course it is evidence. You appear to be arguing simply to argue because you apparently do not like our posting style. And it really seems to bug you that Dean's opinion on Moses and Murphy appear to be correct. Unless you are prepared to argue that Murphy has played better than Moses to date.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only evidence that exists is that he was struggling in the first few weeks. Like almost all rookies do. How one can extrapolate that he would or would not overcome those struggles is pure conjecture. Moses struggled his entire first year. But he came around. Why isn't it possible that Schreff could also. Im not arguing he could or he couldn't. Im arguing that it was way too early to claim him a bust at any position.

DGF, you don't have the benefit of history with Dean. His position has nothing to do with Schreff and everything to do with his claims about Moses in the 2015 draft and wanting to be proved right. Oh and his claim was that we should have taken him in the 2nd, over Murphy, even after we got him in the 3rd.

No history here. Jut proving facts. I already be proven right that we got lucky with Moses in the 3rd round. Plus he is a better player than Murphy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So dozens of pre draft reports are not evidence? Hearing from a hard core Iowa fan who has watched every game closely is not evidence? Sorry that logic makes zero sense to me, of course it is evidence. You appear to be arguing simply to argue because you apparently do not like our posting style. And it really seems to bug you that Dean's opinion on Moses and Murphy appear to be correct. Unless you are prepared to argue that Murphy has played better than Moses to date.

They all jumped on me b/c I was a big fan of Moses and when he had an injured rookie year I had to hear it. Now Moses is better than Murphy and Long and now they are pissed. Plus I said on that particular draft that Gabe Jackson was a much more superior prospect than Long. I got dumped on again and I cant see how anybody could argue that Jackson is not better.

So yes why shouldn't I get credit for my statements that I said about the draft two years ago. Everything I said is coming true.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all jumped on me b/c I was a big fan of Moses and when he had an injured rookie year I had to hear it. Now Moses is better than Murphy and Long and now they are pissed. Plus I said on that particular draft that Gabe Jackson was a much more superior prospect than Long. I got dumped on again and I cant see how anybody could argue that Jackson is not better.

So yes why shouldn't I get credit for my statements that I said about the draft two years ago. Everything I said is coming true.

Who is pissed about Moses? WTF is wrong with you dude, I'm right you're wrong every thread is annoying. I couldn't give a shit if every opinion I had was wrong as long as the skins win. You seem like you'd rather be right than have the skins win. Can't wait to actually talk football in a few months than this meaningless shit

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated what my argument is. Once again, read what people write.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No history here. Jut proving facts. I already be proven right that we got lucky with Moses in the 3rd round. Plus he is a better player than Murphy.
Thanks, dean. You just reinforced my point.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated what my argument is. Once again, read what people write.

I read it and responded accordingly. You claim there was no evidence other than his play in camp. As I said I think that's nonsense. When multiple reports said there are questions that is evidence, you denying this reeks of simply being stubborn. So we have these multiple reports, the reports that he struggle in camp, and the quick move to guard on one side as evidence. Your argument appears to be "well maybe he can improve".

Nowhere have I seen that Dean would rather be right than have his team win. That's another ridiculous claim. I wasn't around but if he got crap when Moses failed to perform as a rookie then why on Earth would he not be able to respond when he played well? That is exactly what a message board is all about, voicing your opinion. This appears to be a case of posters being able to dish it out but not able to take it when it comes back at you.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it and responded accordingly. You claim there was no evidence other than his play in camp. As I said I think that's nonsense. When multiple reports said there are questions that is evidence, you denying this reeks of simply being stubborn. So we have these multiple reports, the reports that he struggle in camp, and the quick move to guard on one side as evidence. Your argument appears to be "well maybe he can improve".

Nowhere have I seen that Dean would rather be right than have his team win. That's another ridiculous claim. I wasn't around but if he got crap when Moses failed to perform as a rookie then why on Earth would he not be able to respond when he played well? That is exactly what a message board is all about, voicing your opinion. This appears to be a case of posters being able to dish it out but not able to take it when it comes back at you.

Keep reading. My argument is that labeling any rookie a bust after a few weeks of training camp is too soon, including Moses. I never suggested that about Dean, wrong poster. Oh, as you read, you might be surprised on my opinion of Moses, and the drafting of Schreff at 5. But that's not the point of this thread by the original poster or the numerous other threads he has started on Moses, Murphy, or Schreff. The are all interrelated and are all seeking the same response.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep reading. My argument is that labeling any rookie a bust after a few weeks of training camp is too soon, including Moses. I never suggested that about Dean, wrong poster. Oh, as you read, you might be surprised on my opinion of Moses, and the drafting of Schreff at 5. But that's not the point of this thread by the original poster or the numerous other threads he has started on Moses, Murphy, or Schreff. The are all interrelated and are all seeking the same response.

But we are still back to your claim that reports and opinions are not evidence. I just strongly disagree. As I said these multiple reports are certainly not proof, they are opinions, but when so many have the same opinion I'm sorry that is evidence.

And there is no question in my mind as a relatively new poster with a fresh set of eyes that Dean is getting drilled unfairly for simply stating an opinion, an opinion that apparently drew ridicule, and then coming back years later to point out that his original opinion appears to be correct. Again that is exactly the point of this place.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses couldn't beat out Tyler Polumbo as a rookie. He improved thankfully in year 2.

My question is...if a third rounder can improve, why can't a first rounder improve after only weeks in camp?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we are still back to your claim that reports and opinions are not evidence. I just strongly disagree. As I said these multiple reports are certainly not proof, they are opinions, but when so many have the same opinion I'm sorry that is evidence.

And there is no question in my mind as a relatively new poster with a fresh set of eyes that Dean is getting drilled unfairly for simply stating an opinion, an opinion that apparently drew ridicule, and then coming back years later to point out that his original opinion appears to be correct. Again that is exactly the point of this place.
You can disagree with me and I have no issue with it. After all, these are opinions. You can also disagree about Dean. But Dean brings it all on himself. My guess is over time, you will come to realize this. Isn't unusual that dean's post cause so much negative responders, even from those that may agree with his sentiment?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can disagree with me and I have no issue with it. After all, these are opinions. You can also disagree about Dean. But Dean brings it all on himself. My guess is over time, you will come to realize this. Isn't unusual that dean's post cause so much negative responders, even from those that may agree with his sentiment?

Hey don't forget I was so angry at Dean when he posted his glee at RGIII's injury that I used it for my signature. But that never stopped me from assessing his posts fairly moving forward.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as one who has followed the little white ball here... and pretty much has an opinion of most of the cast of characters here, as I'm sure many do me.

I'm a fan of Darrell Green Fan Club in this thread.

"This appears to be a case of posters being able to dish it out but not able to take it when it comes back at you"

Nailed this one

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is pissed about Moses? WTF is wrong with you dude, I'm right you're wrong every thread is annoying. I couldn't give a shit if every opinion I had was wrong as long as the skins win. You seem like you'd rather be right than have the skins win. Can't wait to actually talk football in a few months than this meaningless shit

You don't know what is going on. This stems from months ago.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring it on myself? I am just defending myself like DGfan said. I make predictions. I am not a Monday morning QB like many are on this board. When my predictions are challenged I defend myself. When my predications become true in time I should deserve the credit vs the people who argued against me. How is that negative?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, dean. You just reinforced my point.

Right. I was challenged on those statements and my statements ended up becoming true but some posters say on here I am always wrong. lol.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been noted many times we read your point ... again and again and again and again .... have to agree with others. You seem to want everyone to say you are right. That just isn't going to happen for you or anyone else on the board.

You go on and on about the #5 pick overall shouldn't be used for a guard but advocated that they draft a center (the least often Oline position) chosen in the 1st round of the draft. If you are going to argue that you should not draft a guard at No. 5 then why advocate for drafting the easiest position to fill on the line with a 1st round pick. Double standard.

I think the point you miss dean is no one is saying your opinion doesn't matter. We are all asking why you feel you need to make the same point over and over or as I like to say 3953957353975399 times.

In the end getting a player that works is what matters. Who cares when he was drafted or even if he was drafted. It is the END product that matters. :trash:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many opinions were that Griffin was going to be a star .... is that evidence?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been noted many times we read your point ... again and again and again and again .... have to agree with others. You seem to want everyone to say you are right. That just isn't going to happen for you or anyone else on the board.

You go on and on about the #5 pick overall shouldn't be used for a guard but advocated that they draft a center (the least often Oline position) chosen in the 1st round of the draft. If you are going to argue that you should not draft a guard at No. 5 then why advocate for drafting the easiest position to fill on the line with a 1st round pick. Double standard.

I think the point you miss dean is no one is saying your opinion doesn't matter. We are all asking why you feel you need to make the same point over and over or as I like to say 3953957353975399 times.

In the end getting a player that works is what matters. Who cares when he was drafted or even if he was drafted. It is the END product that matters. :trash:

Sportster, Kelly was a strong possibility for us a #21. I do not know how you compare the 5th pick to the #21 pick. Plus here is another point I was ragged on by saying its too high to pick a center in the 1st round or people believed that there was not a 1st round center in this draft. Guess what the Colts did it at #18. Im not saying the same point over and over. Just proving out my opinions.