• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought the "flex" games were resevered for important games!!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....I don't think any remaining Pats games will be ''blowouts'',......hopefully we got another ''wake-up'' call last sunday,......24-20/Pats.

I just said all that

"You have any thoughts of your own, or are you gonna just plagiarize the entire book"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's all kinds of rules regarding which games can be flexed. Ideally NBC and the NFL are looking for a close matchup with lots of national interest between two teams with playoff aspirations. But they can't just pick any game they want to pick, as there is a limit on the number of prime time games a team can play in a season, and CBS and FOX both have the right to protect certain games from being flexed. Additionally, the decision to flex a game has to be made with quite a bit of advanced noticed, something like two weeks.

I believe the Patriots/Texans game was flexed even before the Patriots lost to the Broncos (although I could be wrong about that).

This right here is what I was talking about. While yes the NFL can choose to Flex any game they want there are still rules and conversations that have to happen. Heck in the past NBC has even paid I think CBS to give the rights to certain games. These networks know just how much an NFL game is ratings gold so losing a huge match up is millions of dollars gone from that network. So yes there are conversations and deals done just to make these type of things happen. It is why we honestly don't see a flexed game every Sunday night.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are still in it, and everyone wants to see the Patriots fail.

The alternative was Seattle at Baltimore.

what about Bills @ Eagles?

both teams still fighting for a playoff spot

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about Bills @ Eagles?

both teams still fighting for a playoff spot
This game was flexed on the 29th:suds:

The decision comes as the Texans continue to turn their season around and look like playoff contenders. Today’s win moved Houston to 6-5. The Patriots remain one of the league’s two undefeated teams, so the league is always happy to showcase them in prime time.

nobody wanted the bills/eagles then :suds:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for the Pats' haters:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans are in the thick of the playoff race and their division race, and the Patriots are in a battle for home field advantage. This game is extremely important, and will be very good. It's a great matchup. Don't get the hate.
You can also add the stories the media can come up with Houston being NE south. Between O'brien, Wilfork, Hoyer, (Mallett now gone)... Lots of stories to fill air time.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News Marge

Thanks to the Browns, the Patriots dont have the longest losing streak in the AFC

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also add the stories the media can come up with Houston being NE south. Between O'brien, Wilfork, Hoyer, (Mallett now gone)... Lots of stories to fill air time.

Im not interested in any of those stories

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston could win the South and New England is New England so the reason for the flex is that.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....lol,....what'd he do, drop'a slice of Papa-John's /pizza\ on it...?,....he'll have that al bandaged-up....!

Right. Or it could be O'Brien trying to play games with Belichick. Trying, not very well, out-Bill Bill?

We're kind of souring on O'Brien here.

He doesn't seem to know who he wants this team to be.

For all of Kubiak's faults, he chose his QB and stuck with him. O'Brien has changed his mind on who his starting QB is more times in a week than Kubiak did in 7 years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not interested in any of those stories
Don't watch the game then. Because they will be talking about them. I'm not saying those are earth shattering news worthy but the jugheads will bring it up. The old mentor student references all night, especially from your boy Collinsworth who has zero to add to the telecast. He's basically an anorexic version of John Madden in his later years, and not near as entertaining.