• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought the "flex" games were resevered for important games!!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather watch the Pat/Texans over the Seahawks/Ravens.

One has playoff implications for both teams. The other has playoff implications for one and draft implications for the other.

I am thanking baby jesus that the Ravens will not be seen by a national audience.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*.......and this was chalked-down as a ''W'' by patriot-nation just a few weeks ago.......just like Philly was last week....?!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard the Texans/Patriots game was moved to SNF

WTF is that?!?!

Don't forget that the Texans have become New England south with the current staff. Hoyer, Wilfork, O'Brien, Crennel, et al

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC has the right to "Flex"any game they believe that will juice their ratings if the scheduled game looks to be a dud. I believe that the original game for Sunday was supposed to be Seattle/Baltimore. After losing to Denver, NBC probably thought that Houston/New England would have more interest. Houston's been playing much better the past few weeks............they could take out the Pats if the Pats offense doesn't get things together.

Yep.. If Houston didn't lose last week it would look much more interesting, although I'm sure many will be still be watching to see if the Patriots can stumble for a 3rd time...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.. If Houston didn't lose last week it would look much more interesting, although I'm sure many will be still be watching to see if the Patriots can stumble for a 3rd time...

If the Pats lose a third game in a row I predict something like this in Boston: And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth......etc.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point guys will be cheering for Watts and Clowney to take off Brady's head. Plus Ex Pats coach's Obrien,Crennell and Pats fav Mike Vrabel . And former playerswith Wilfork, Hoyer and Mallet
Uh......Mallett was released weeks ago.

Just saying.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC has the right to "Flex"any game they believe that will juice their ratings if the scheduled game looks to be a dud. I believe that the original game for Sunday was supposed to be Seattle/Baltimore. After losing to Denver, NBC probably thought that Houston/New England would have more interest. Houston's been playing much better the past few weeks............they could take out the Pats if the Pats offense doesn't get things together.
To be honest, the down stretch is looking very complicated, not only the Texans. Three div games left apart from the Houston game. All four remaining are an up-hill climb. Fortunately, the solid start at 10-0 by the Pats shoud be enough to win the Div. Wouldn't be be surprised if we dropped 3 of the remaining 4 games. Three on the road. Hope that I am wrong.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard about it today

Still don't think this game is worthy

Slim pickens...When you look closer at the slate of games, it's not sexy, but it's not terrible, HOU is fighting for the DIV, NE coming off 2 straight losses....the result won't matter as much for NE as they will do no worse than the 3 seed but they are battling for a bye week.

PIT @ CIN is a little more worthy, but idt PIT can get another national game...they have the week 16 NBC game already to max out...might be wrong on that, but I think that's the case.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger Goodell maybe wants to try and get even with Brady and have the nation see him lose his 3rd game in a row :noidea:

Have the nation see JJ Watt hit him a few times?

Isnt the max of prime time games 5 in a season? Not checking the schedule but maybe the Pats were not at 5 already like most of the other good teams?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF is that?!?!

Crossover advertising.

Imagine how many JJ Watt commercials you will see during that telecast.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crossover advertising.

Imagine how many JJ Watt commercials you will see during that telecast.

They should film a Gronk-JJ Watt commercial for this occasion. I wonder if the ad-wizzes could cook something up in time, even if it is unlikely that Gronk will play, he got hurt once against the Texans, no way they even actívate him for this match.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should film a Gronk-JJ Watt commercial for this occasion. I wonder if the ad-wizzes could cook something up in time, even if it is unlikely that Gronk will play, he got hurt once against the Texans, no way they even actívate him for this match.

Yep, we can expect to see that "snow day" commercial 50 times, and probably that Edelman one a lot, too.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger Goodell maybe wants to try and get even with Brady and have the nation see him lose his 3rd game in a row :noidea:

Have the nation see JJ Watt hit him a few times?

Isnt the max of prime time games 5 in a season? Not checking the schedule but maybe the Pats were not at 5 already like most of the other good teams?

People here are worried Watt will snap Brady's back like Bane...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the "flex" games were resevered for important games!!

One team is in first place in their division. The other team is tied for first in theirs.

That sounds like it might be a little important.

Really, looking at this week's schedule, the only game that might be more important is the Vikings-Cardinals and they are on Thursday night so that game was off limits.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not true. NBC is allowed to ask Fox and CBS if they can Flex certain games. CBS and Fox both have the right to protect one game a week for 5 of the 6 main weeks (weeks 11-17) that Flexing is allowed. This is why it won't always be the biggest game of the week that gets flexed.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thanking baby jesus that the Ravens will not be seen by a national audience.

Jesus might be a baby compared to Old School but he is 2048 years old

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not true. NBC is allowed to ask Fox and CBS if they can Flex certain games. CBS and Fox both have the right to protect one game a week for 5 of the 6 main weeks (weeks 11-17) that Flexing is allowed. This is why it won't always be the biggest game of the week that gets flexed.
maybe this will help:suds:

Flexible Scheduling
Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
  • Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF is that?!?!

Pisses me off too if it makes you feel any better. I don't like the prime time games at all because I don't want to stay up til midnight and the duo of Collinsworth and Al Michaels is awful.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pisses me off too if it makes you feel any better. I don't like the prime time games at all because I don't want to stay up til midnight and the duo of Collinsworth and Al Michaels is awful.

I feel much better that you're pissed off Rex :suds: