• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Texas has a plan

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think.......someone needs their thread creating privilege revoked.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I'm pretty sure he is an example of many UT fans. I've seen numerous posts similar to this from UT fans, especially this year and I think it is just too fuckig funny...

I guess some tu fans didn't watch a lot of CFB in the 90s

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Texas team is going to be lucky to finish the regular season 6-6.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mack looked like he was done last night . no fight in him like the last ten years. they will make him the AD.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might lose the RRSO. But I think the Longhorns win out after that, resulting in a 3 loss season, go to a easy bowl game, get the W, they get 10 wins. Mack stays one more year, because Texas looks at getting Chip Kelly the following year.

Chip stole several 5 star receruits FROM TEXAS. So we all know he can recruit, and his style would own the Big12.

Chip didn't steal anything from Texas!! Those recruits were purchased for fair market value!!

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mack looked like he was done last night . no fight in him like the last ten years. they will make him the AD.

ya know, it would be sweet to see it, cuz it would just add more years to the train wreck that is the Texas Athletic Dept, but I just don't see it.

It is nice to have the stability of Joe C.

One of the best AD's in the country.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip didn't steal anything from Texas!! Those recruits were purchased for fair market value!!

Chip has got to be thinking, WTF did I get myself into??? Had a sweet gig at UO, fucked da pooch and fled to the NFL, where he will be lucky to make it to next year....

I love my Donks....

DSC01444.jpg

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has got to be thinking, WTF did I get myself into??? Had a sweet gig at UO, fucked da pooch and fled to the NFL, where he will be lucky to make it to next year....

I love my Donks....

DSC01444.jpg

Look like he found some more pounds...

If you're rich enough, can you have a LIPO-INSERTION?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care who you are. That's funny!:clap:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack needs to go, but to act like Texas was some powerhouse prior to his arrival that he destroyed is laughable.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack needs to go, but to act like Texas was some powerhouse prior to his arrival that he destroyed is laughable.

DKR and even Akers disagree.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coda, you shouldn't be telling anybody about Texas history. You forget I know your history. That longhorn wasn't always attached to your profile. You moved to Austin not all that long ago and didn't follow the program prior to that.

I lived through the aggy glory years where Texas was an afterthought throughout the entire nation. They basically gave tickets away (it's probably how I got to go to so many games back then). Mack changed that. He is just overstaying his usefulness. Texas wasn't a national power anymore. Any respect they had left was just built up goodwill from the DKR years. Even Fred Akers was a big game loser. He was 2-7 in bowls and only won 1 Cotton Bowl in 1981. He was the R.C. Slocum of UT. Great regular seasons but bad in the post season.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might lose the RRSO. But I think the Longhorns win out after that, resulting in a 3 loss season, go to a easy bowl game, get the W, they get 10 wins. Mack stays one more year, because Texas looks at getting Chip Kelly the following year.

Chip stole several 5 star receruits FROM TEXAS. So we all know he can recruit, and his style would own the Big12.

I don't see Tejas winning out after the RRSO. Baylor is going to rip them apart(L). TT is going to beat them(L). TCU will give them a battle(toss up). Okie St will beat them(L). Texas should handle Kansas(W). WV should be close, but WV wins(L). Texas can enjoy being on top (3-way tie with OU & TT) of the B12 this week, however. :nod:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Texas Plan;

1) Sign up for your own Network
2) Make more money than anyone on the Planet.
3) Don't give a shit about football anymore.

Am I leaving anything out???

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jerry Jones secretly run the Longhorns too?

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody seriously needs to get out of their basement and smell the roses.....

I hate Mack Brown..

I hate Mack Brown.
I cheered against Texas last night.

I was born in Austin, Texas to a UT alumnus. I've lived here nearly all of my life. I shook Darrell Royal's hand when I was a toddler. I knew who Fred Akers was when I was six years old. I emulated Eric Metcalf in my front yard. When Sports Illustrated published its top 25 in 1990 and Texas was ranked number 3, it was the biggest thrill I had ever had in my 11 years on this planet. I went to football games at Memorial Stadium, basketball games at the Erwin Center, and baseball games at Disch-Falk Field throughout my childhood. I attended and graduated from the University of Texas. I have a ring. My blood runs as burnt orange as anyone who ever lived. I am a Longhorn.

And for the first time in my life, I cheered against my team.

I had reasoned that, in the long run, it was good for Texas to lose this season. I had rationalized that for Texas to succeed in the future, it must fail in the present. My head thought those things, but my heart just couldn't get on board. Until last night.

I cheered for Texas against New Mexico State. I cheered for Texas against BYU. I cheered for Texas against Ole Miss. I cheered for Texas against Kansas State. I cheered for Texas against Iowa State when the game started. I did so as I always have: with pride.

But then I stopped being proud. To call what Texas put on the field last night a football team is an insult to football. It was pathetic. There are no words strong enough to describe how awful Texas played last night in pretty much every meaningful facet of the game. Iowa State is a God-awful football team, and we won by a point because the referees made repeated errors. Our players and coaches, for the most part, did not try. They did not play with pride. They did not play with passion. They were not football players or coaches. They were children. All of them. The blame for that lies squarely, and exclusively, on the shoulders of one man.

That man has destroyed something that defines who I am as much as anything else in this world. It is said that the pride and winning tradition of The University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak or the timid. Mack Brown is weak. Mack Brown is timid. He is those things to his core. They are his essence. And he has finally, after many years, imposed those qualities on Texas Football. What he stands for is an ugly, terrible, and above all else, hateful thing. I wish I could give back the elation I felt when Texas won its first national championship in my lifetime to be rid of Mack Brown. We may not have won a championship, but at least we might still be able to be proud of our team.

I hate Mack Brown.

Well..I sorta agree with you. I'd picked Texas to beat Iowa St. and Kansas, but thought that they had better than a good chance to lose to everybody else. Of course, losing every game would be the best thing that could happen to Texas. Maybe then, just maybe, the powers that be would finally see that Mack is done as a coach. I don't hate the guy. It's certainly nothing personal, but his position and salary warrant scrutiny and criticism when he can't produce. However, I'm not sure anybody can do much with the duds in uniform that Texas has now - as the saying goes, you can't make a mink purse out of a sow's ear.