• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Texas has a plan

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might lose the RRSO. But I think the Longhorns win out after that, resulting in a 3 loss season, go to a easy bowl game, get the W, they get 10 wins. Mack stays one more year, because Texas looks at getting Chip Kelly the following year.

Chip stole several 5 star receruits FROM TEXAS. So we all know he can recruit, and his style would own the Big12.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might lose the RRSO. But I think the Longhorns win out after that, resulting in a 3 loss season, go to a easy bowl game, get the W, they get 10 wins. Mack stays one more year, because Texas looks at getting Chip Kelly the following year.

Chip stole several 5 star receruits FROM TEXAS. So we all know he can recruit, and his style would own the Big12.

I can remember one 5 star recruit (lache), but OK. I seriously doubt that. Lot of rumors the NCAA called Texas in the Will Lyles investigation. I do not think Texas or Chip will be breaking bread for a long time.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon paid for several 5 star receruits FROM TEXAS. So we all know he can recruit, and his style would own the Big12.

FIFY.....

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL this thread is gold! Everything College Football is about Oregon guys..... remember that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insinuating Texas has been throwing games, and that they have some influence over the remainder of the season?

It's a "plan"?

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas struggled to beat Iowa FREAKIN State, and got fairly lucky to win it, they are looking at a good 5-7 loss season easily.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Texas possibly be this bad? A blind giraffe could coach a team with this much talent to 10 wins. Why are they not immediately firing Brown and getting a good coach in there? It is so incredibly illogical.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Texas possibly be this bad? A blind giraffe could coach a team with this much talent to 10 wins. Why are they not immediately firing Brown and getting a good coach in there? It is so incredibly illogical.

There are not a lot of blind giraffes in the coaching market right now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas struggled to beat Iowa FREAKIN State, and got fairly lucky to win it, they are looking at a good 5-7 loss season easily.

Its fairly obvious that most of this team has quit, especially on the defensive side of the ball. NOBODY on that team wants to win.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody seriously needs to get out of their basement and smell the roses.....

I hate Mack Brown..

I hate Mack Brown.
I cheered against Texas last night.

I was born in Austin, Texas to a UT alumnus. I've lived here nearly all of my life. I shook Darrell Royal's hand when I was a toddler. I knew who Fred Akers was when I was six years old. I emulated Eric Metcalf in my front yard. When Sports Illustrated published its top 25 in 1990 and Texas was ranked number 3, it was the biggest thrill I had ever had in my 11 years on this planet. I went to football games at Memorial Stadium, basketball games at the Erwin Center, and baseball games at Disch-Falk Field throughout my childhood. I attended and graduated from the University of Texas. I have a ring. My blood runs as burnt orange as anyone who ever lived. I am a Longhorn.

And for the first time in my life, I cheered against my team.

I had reasoned that, in the long run, it was good for Texas to lose this season. I had rationalized that for Texas to succeed in the future, it must fail in the present. My head thought those things, but my heart just couldn't get on board. Until last night.

I cheered for Texas against New Mexico State. I cheered for Texas against BYU. I cheered for Texas against Ole Miss. I cheered for Texas against Kansas State. I cheered for Texas against Iowa State when the game started. I did so as I always have: with pride.

But then I stopped being proud. To call what Texas put on the field last night a football team is an insult to football. It was pathetic. There are no words strong enough to describe how awful Texas played last night in pretty much every meaningful facet of the game. Iowa State is a God-awful football team, and we won by a point because the referees made repeated errors. Our players and coaches, for the most part, did not try. They did not play with pride. They did not play with passion. They were not football players or coaches. They were children. All of them. The blame for that lies squarely, and exclusively, on the shoulders of one man.

That man has destroyed something that defines who I am as much as anything else in this world. It is said that the pride and winning tradition of The University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak or the timid. Mack Brown is weak. Mack Brown is timid. He is those things to his core. They are his essence. And he has finally, after many years, imposed those qualities on Texas Football. What he stands for is an ugly, terrible, and above all else, hateful thing. I wish I could give back the elation I felt when Texas won its first national championship in my lifetime to be rid of Mack Brown. We may not have won a championship, but at least we might still be able to be proud of our team.

I hate Mack Brown.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fan is a tool...and probably just an Aggie hater writing something fake.
He claims he was born in 1979 and watched Mack Brown destroy Texas.

Mack Brown did not destroy Texas.
Mack Brown brought Texas back from post DKR extinction.

He took a destroyed and essentially worthless faded brand and brought it back to life.
Mack is a victim of his own success. He spoiled fans and now they want to turn on him.

Winning tradition in your lifetime 1979 born dude???

The winning tradition that Mack destroyed was losing 11 of 13 to Texas A&M.
Mack only beat them 11 out of 13 times after he arrived.

The winning tradition that Mack destroyed was 14 consecutive seasons not ranked in the top 10 and only 4 ranked appearances total.
Mack only had Texas ranked 13 consecutive seasons with 6 top 6 finishes.

The winning tradition that Mack destroyed was 4 and 10 in the prior 14 bowl games.
Mack only took his team to a 10 and 4 record in his 14 bowl games.

Yes, Texas had a great winning tradition prior to Mack.

This asswipe who was born in 1979 remembers some great nostalgic area of winning prior to Mack???

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I'm pretty sure he is an example of many UT fans. I've seen numerous posts similar to this from UT fans, especially this year and I think it is just too fuckig funny...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or this...Texas keeps losing and they "fire" Mack Brown. We all find out Chip has a thing for Kiffin, joins him at USC to be his offensive coordinator. :nod:

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I'm pretty sure he is an example of many UT fans. I've seen numerous posts similar to this from UT fans, especially this year and I think it is just too fuckig funny...

Actually it's been the example of many UT fans for the last 3 years. We should have never gotten to the point of needing 3 years to turn it around. That was just more of Mack's bs. It's just taken some longer than others to figure it out. Just shouldn't gotten that bad. I like Mack Brown as a person, but he should have been shown the door 3 years ago. Now he's going to end up being run out of town. Kind of sad.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of long time coaches simply stop coaching years before they actually leave.
Mack is one of those coaches.
I'm not sure how you plan for that.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has a plan. It's implementing that plan that causes problems.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas couldn't stop BYU from running for 550 yards, Iowa State put up 30 points on them, and Ole Miss put 44 points on the board. What have you seen from the Texas defense that gives the slightest glimer of hope that Baylor won't light the scoreboard up like its the 4th of July? And when they do, what have you seen to think that the Texas Offense can keep up with Baylor? But you state that Texas wins out after the RRSO. Briliant.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or this...Texas keeps losing and they "fire" Mack Brown. We all find out Chip has a thing for Kiffin, joins him at USC to be his offensive coordinator. :nod:

how will he join Lane Kiffin at USC?

and Texas will lose to Oklahoma State and Baylor