• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Marshall's got to go

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for the experts to say how the bears pussed out with marshall instead of trying to fix the most productive receiver we have had in a long time. Simple fix would have just been making him a captain so the merry go round of weekly players in charge would stop. I guess we just wait and get some other washed up veteran that does not make their current team.

Bears should really be trying to get someone not wait for cuts. Maybe they can trade Jennings to atlanta, I think he can travel within Georgia without special permission from the court..

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't know if you have been following this or not, but there's been quite a bit of reporting lately that last year there was a lot of discord in the locker room about Marshall. Furthermore, Marshall's body is starting to break down. I approve of them dumping him.

As for now, I don't think it's hugely important for us to sign anyone. We can see how Jeffery, Royal, and Wilson perform. Who do you want them to sign? I see Dane Sanzenbacher is available. ;) But in all seriousness, there aren't any great free agents out there. Pretty much Welker and Wayne, but what's so crucial about signing them? They aren't putting us in the Super Bowl, we may as well let Wilson develop and see what happens with him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you have been following this or not, but there's been quite a bit of reporting lately that last year there was a lot of discord in the locker room about Marshall. Furthermore, Marshall's body is starting to break down. I approve of them dumping him.

As for now, I don't think it's hugely important for us to sign anyone. We can see how Jeffery, Royal, and Wilson perform. Who do you want them to sign? I see Dane Sanzenbacher is available. ;) But in all seriousness, there aren't any great free agents out there. Pretty much Welker and Wayne, but what's so crucial about signing them? They aren't putting us in the Super Bowl, we may as well let Wilson develop and see what happens with him.

I am not talking free agents, they traded to get Marshall around this time in camp. Its not just picking from the scrap heap. The problem with royal, Wilson, even Welker is they are not 6'5 willing to catch jump balls, which is the only ball our QB knows how to throw. Nobody wanted to trade down and get the beast DGP who is the massive target Cutler needs. They took the fast guy that should have 20 yards to adjust his route to where the deep ball is going.

All I am saying is there is a huge hole, seems some deal would make alot of sense. Sure it might be someone that might just be getting cut anyway, but you are probably trading someone that does not fit either.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Our receivers are tall. Jeffery is 6 3, Wilson is 6 4. Mariani is 6 1. The Bear receivers are not lacking in height. White is 6 3, I wouldn't call him short either.

I also don't really agree that Cutler's issue is that his only route to success is to "throw it and let them jump for it." Yes, he has done that, agreed, but he does have other tricks in his bag. He is an extremely fast passer, and - sometimes - can be insanely accurate. His problems are a) his mechanics are extremely inconsistent, and so his accuracy sometimes is terrible, and b) his decision making is questionable, so he forces throws when he shouldn't, and misses open receivers when he should. Some have criticized b) as him not seeing the field well, that he gets too locked on the wrong guy too often, and defenses know this. Without having a camera in his helmet, it's hard for me to say.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AnotherIdiot,
I'm still surprised that anyone is still defending him.
What has Marshall said/done in the past month that makes you believe he would be good for any team?
In Brandon Marshall's head- he's never wrong. The most recent is the Geno Smith fight. It's come out now that Geno was in the wrong. What does Marshall do? Defends him. Why would he do that? IMO - it's so Marshall has a built in excuse when Fitzpatrick can't get him the ball enough and B. can go spout about how "his" QB isn't there. He's been traded 3 times (only a very small # of guys have had that happen) Never been to the playoffs, and had a very respected player in Matt Forte call him out on his BS from last year.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense of Marshall is the simple fact this organization was run worse than pop warner football. Fucking participation ribbons and different captains every week. The guy with the most drive and desire to win was the guy that nobody liked because he had the balls to call them out, ask for more effort.

Like I said before, Marshall was the one guy that was 200% behind your guy Cutler, never blamed cutler, never pointed out his faults, called out the linemen who were not protecting Jay. It was fine until Jay and trestman threw him under the bus for one interception where the called route was covered. Then somehow he became public enemy #1 and shipped out of town.

Its funny to me that the one guy on your side with cutler became such a nuisance right when he stopped making excuses for his quarterback. Funny how that worked out. Eventually all the Cutler apologists come to their senses, Marshall beat you to it.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking participation ribbons and different captains every week.

Like I said before, Marshall was the one guy that was 200% behind your guy Cutler, never blamed cutler, never pointed out his faults, called out the linemen who were not protecting Jay. It was fine until Jay and trestman threw him under the bus for one interception where the called route was .
The defense of Marshall is the simple fact this organization was run worse than pop warner football. Fucking participation ribbons and different captains every week. .
Teams are not required to designate captains, but many have adopted the tradition in some format, whether by allowing players to vote for captains or simply having the coaching staff anoint them. Some teams also choose captains on a weekly basis, avoiding the "C" patch altogether. The Green Bay Packers are one of those teams, which is why you won't see guys like Aaron Rodgers or Anotheridiot sporting that letter, despite the obvious leadership roles they fill.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are not required to designate captains, but many have adopted the tradition in some format, whether by allowing players to vote for captains or simply having the coaching staff anoint them. Some teams also choose captains on a weekly basis, avoiding the "C" patch altogether. The Green Bay Packers are one of those teams, which is why you won't see guys like Aaron Rodgers or Anotheridiot sporting that letter, despite the obvious leadership roles they fill.

Are you telling me you truly believe that Aaron Rodgers, Julius Peppers and Fabio Matthews are not known as the leaders of that club? That they need to check to see if they were appointed a captain that week and actually keep their mouths shut when someone screws up. That is all I am saying. Marshall was the one guy with balls enough to call people out, but the rest of the team did not listen to that one guy trying to fire them up since he was not on the chalk board as a captain that week. You are taking an organization like the packers and comparing it to what Trestman brought here? Everyone sided with the ones that were called out. It was the "its not my turn to be captain so I am not going to say anything" attitude Forte had that was right

Patches, they dont need no stinkin patches. Especially when whoevers turn it was did not act like a captain.

You are truly delusional if you believe that the packers are a team with no locker room leaders just because they do not designate full season "captains". I guess they found it important enough last year they decided to name their playoff captains on december 17th instead of the first game of the playoffs.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter the packers are one team that has always picked captains each week. And just because you aren't a captain doesn't mean you cant be a leader.... of course the old regime is hone and we all agree thats a good thing but to nit pick on that is truley stupid

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for the experts to say how the bears pussed out with marshall instead of trying to fix the most productive receiver we have had in a long time. Simple fix would have just been making him a captain so the merry go round of weekly players in charge would stop. I guess we just wait and get some other washed up veteran that does not make their current team.

Bears should really be trying to get someone not wait for cuts. Maybe they can trade Jennings to atlanta, I think he can travel within Georgia without special permission from the court..

Make the player that was widely reported as being most hated by teammates, the "captain"? Yeah, that would have made sense.

"Trying to fix"... Fix what? I don't understand. This is the fourth organization that got fed up with his bull shit. He's 30. He's not some fresh out of college kid with a hot headed/cocky attitude. The man is clearly impossible to work with at this point. You can only put up with that shit for so long.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the player that was widely reported as being most hated by teammates, the "captain"? Yeah, that would have made sense.

"Trying to fix"... Fix what? I don't understand. This is the fourth organization that got fed up with his bull shit. He's 30. He's not some fresh out of college kid with a hot headed/cocky attitude. The man is clearly impossible to work with at this point. You can only put up with that shit for so long.

My point is when he carried Jays ego and jock around, defended every pass Jay threw, there was nothing this man could do wrong.

as soon as he also turned on Jay he became a hot headed, cocky piece of shit. It happened at that instant.

How can you say the organization got fed up with his bull shit? This current regime did not even take a moment to talk to him. Did Fox hate him that much in Denver?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has yet to prove he can even get on the field.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost a great player in BM. I'm over it but I'll never understand it. He sucked in the locker room? Like that matters, he did not stink on the field.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never was a problem until last year...maybe the dumpster fire got to him?

I dunno, the dude's a douche, but considering White and now Wilson's injuries, I'd prolly feel a little better about our WR group if he was still here.

C

cubzzzfanincali

fortunately doesn't sound like Wilson's injury is serious.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Ive mentioned this before- This is a contract year for Alshon. The Marshall trade gives the Bears a lot more flexibility to re sign AJ, should they choose to do so.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Ive mentioned this before- This is a contract year for Alshon. The Marshall trade gives the Bears a lot more flexibility to re sign AJ, should they choose to do so.

They also could have tried to extend Alshon earlier than the contract year which would put him in the 6 million range. Now a breakout year he is gonna look for 10-12, if they franchise him, the top 5 are 16.127 to 12 million, average is 14. They missed that chance. He will make his 1.3 million this year and go where he gets paid.

C

cubzzzfanincali

There is a chance....small....that the Bears could extend Alshon mid-season. The Bears are sitting on $8.5 million in cap space (I'm assuming final cuts won't change that very much). If we have a "normal" amount of injuries, we might need $4 or $5 of that during the season, which would more or less preclude an extension. But if the Bears get injury lucky, and hang on to most of that cap, they could use it on AJ. This year is going to go a long way towards figuring out how good he really is, and whether he is worth franchise $$ or not. Drafting White, in theory, gives the Bears a lot more leverage with him than they would have otherwise had.