• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Marshall's got to go

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting bad, with this news of him challenging fans to meet and fight on the internet for 25K.

I mean, who does this guy think he is?

His "Holier than thou" attitude was already getting old QUICK. But whatever… he's not the only player ever to be in a little over his head.

But I mean… this guy is going to call out his entire team after the Miami loss, and then show up and not even give a shit for the NE game? Not even jump for balls three feet over his head?

"The face of mental illness"… what a joke this guy is. Meanwhile, he's challenging fans to fight for money, and acting like a nut job. Seriously, have you seen Inside the NFL recently? Every time this dope opens his mouth and starts preaching, you can just see Boomer and the guys drop their head and cringe.

If you ever actually listen to any of his ramblings, it's so 100% evident that this guy is certifiably batshit crazy. Not just that, but wow… is he DUMB. He tries to use big words, and uses them out of context and incorrectly. It's laughable.

I knew he was in trouble the moment Waddle and Silvy asked him about whether or not there was a lack of leadership in the locker room after the Miami game. When he responded by lashing out and yelling; "Oh yeah! Well those people who say that, what have they done in their lives! I bet they drink in front of their children, and how many times have they been divorced!?" What on earth are you talking about?

Underneath his suit wearing facade, and the public image he probably bought with a diagnosis from a doctor. He's nothing more than a thug from the Pittsburgh projects, with a little bit of cash in his pocket. '

Sick of him, and I'm sick of this entire team. Time to gut this team, starting with the problems. He's a big one.

Only was a matter of time. I can't believe I ever fell for his bull shit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to get rid of him for a totally different reason. I love the guy and what he brings to the team. But it's time to start the rebuild and he will be to old by then. He could get us a draft pick or two right now. I love our young WRs AJ & MW and they are what we build around for the future. Were wasting him and the others right now.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you "love" with a guy who has 2 catches for 13 yards and a long of 10 yards

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Derrick "made of glass" Rose with him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be completely different if he were playing for his extension instead of getting it already.

Honestly, this is the sad state this franchise is in. The one big draft win was Alshon Jeffrey. He has developed into being a prototypical big target receiver. Any other club, you would not be worried about resigning the guy going down in his career, you would plan on replacing him with your up and coming guy that you are going to also have to pay that fills his role. Then you concentrate on drafting his replacement or getting that speed guy for the other side. But then again, that forces you to put more pressure on your quarterback to follow his mechanics and hit speed guys in stride. They have surrounded Jay with guys that jump, dive, expose themselves to stop and catch the ball.

Marshall has finally realized that defending Jay constantly is beating his body and his mind. The only thing that is gonna get Marshall back is Jay taking responsibility for the next pass where the route is questioned. Full on, 100% blame for making a bad throw. Cutler needs to start taking full responsibility, even if it was not his fault. I think the "haters" who I know as the realistic fans, would be able to stop bitching about his bad attitute, same pissy down whether the team wins or loses and fully give him respect for taking the blame for a bad call, EVEN IF IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT.

that would reel Marshall back in.

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of a great man, worthy of our admiration, "Looks like people took my boxing match for charity too serious. #chill"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I'm not going to bail on Marshall over the Twitter boxing challenge. His anger got the best of him... someone got under his skin. Got it.

So if we get rid of him, can we count on someone else stepping up during the offseason to get all the skill position players on the same page with training and the playbook? Take rookies under his wing every year? Regarding replacing him with Alshon and Marquess, did it ever occur to you guys that those guys owe much of their success to that offseason devotion and that this same effort could be building future young receivers? Marshall is making his teammates better, not worse. Also, I'm also not sure if there is anyone else on the team who hates losing as much as Marshall, and that is the team's number one problem. I'd rather get rid of some of the other 52 at this point that are OK with this malaise the team is in.

Going back to him flaking out over an internet troll... maybe he hasn't completely conquered his mental illness demons but we've seen it for the past few years... the guy is trying and has made great progress. I wouldn't throw him away at the first opportunity the way some of you guys seem willing to do.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that Marshall has hit women in the past. I think he'd be smarter to let little nobodies like this Lions Twitter guy be on ignore. However, I respect that he loves his mother enough that he wants to pound some moron who calls her a whore.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting bad, with this news of him challenging fans to meet and fight on the internet for 25K.

If you ever actually listen to any of his ramblings, it's so 100% evident that this guy is certifiably batshit crazy. Not just that, but wow… is he DUMB. He tries to use big words, and uses them out of context and incorrectly. It's laughable.

Bravo has noted it and will offer him a role on the 'real housewives of wherever' ASAP.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God forbid, a hothead who cares. The Cubs told Zambrano to lose his passion midway through the 2010 season because it was too much of a distraction. Then they sent him off. And we all know from that moment on, the Cubs rallied to win three straight World Series, right?

This team needs more Brandon Marshalls.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best WR in Bears history, and the dude wants nothing more than to win.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about the boxing shit....he's already said it was for charity.

So wait, there's the possibility that I get to watch B. Marsh beat the shit out of a Detroit fan AND some charity will get 25K??

Sounds like a win-win to me?:noidea:

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C

cubzzzfanincali

God forbid, a hothead who cares. The Cubs told Zambrano to lose his passion midway through the 2010 season because it was too much of a distraction. Then they sent him off. And we all know from that moment on, the Cubs rallied to win three straight World Series, right?

This team needs more Brandon Marshalls.

The Cubs getting rid of Zambrano was the greatest moment in Cubs franchise history in the last 100 years. Thank God they got rid of him. Fuck that total piece of shit.

Marshall is a somewhat different story. Unlike Zambrano, he is "better" (mentally, behaviorally) than before his time here, I don't think Brandon's actions equal the totally pathetic acts Carlos pulled. But there is a point here, that this challenging of the Lion troll to a fight is, at best, really puzzling. First of all, if I am going to start having Brandon fighting internet trolls, there are a few better candidates for the honor than that guy...

I don't really consider Marshall's fall off this season to be his fault. At least not mostly. You remember me - after carefully watching the 22 - criticizing many of Cutler's decisions even on passes that wound up being completed? A lot of those were cases where Cutler didn't go to a pretty wide open Brandon Marshall. No doubt, given Marshall's temperment, he is getting frustrated.

I'm not in the locker room, but I would be willing to bet that a lot of the supposed division in the locker room this year concern exactly this. Why is Cutler not throwing to Marshall when he is wide open? A personal reason? He just isn't seeing him? They aren't on the same page? Someone screw someone else's girl? Hard to say.

Before you just jettison a guy like Marshall, who doesn't make the decisions with the ball, and is therefore more secondary to play outcomes, you have to know the answer to those questions.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough to compare Marshall to Big Z. Both wanted to win more than any other in the clubhouse. If half the guys sided with Z and had the desire to win, might the cubs have finished better?

You choose to lose the "bad egg" and dont win with the pussies that bitched and whined about how hard it was to deal with a guy that wore his emotions on his sleeve and wanted more effort from his team mates.

Look at what sosa did with McGuire with the sterioid infused home run effort. Saved baseball, chicago fans loved Sosa, but being completely disrespected by not being allowed to play in his final home game as a cub and the city turned on him, Kerry Wood killed his ghetto blaster. Sosa wanted more from his team, chicago ultimately turned on him.

That is where this is going with Marshall. The only man that stood up to say they were embarassed and demand more from his team mates, should have the C on his jersey the rest of the year. But this is a locker room of equal juice boxes and time outs for everyone, team of leader bullshit that does not work in the nfl.

The team of pansies will win in a Marshall battle and he will fly off the handle and go back to his problematic ways when he wanted out.

Another reason this regime should have waited to extend him. The airlines lost his baggage for a while, seems it turned up and is back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough to compare Marshall to Big Z. Both wanted to win more than any other in the clubhouse. If half the guys sided with Z and had the desire to win, might the cubs have finished better?

You choose to lose the "bad egg" and dont win with the pussies that bitched and whined about how hard it was to deal with a guy that wore his emotions on his sleeve and wanted more effort from his team mates.

Look at what sosa did with McGuire with the sterioid infused home run effort. Saved baseball, chicago fans loved Sosa, but being completely disrespected by not being allowed to play in his final home game as a cub and the city turned on him, Kerry Wood killed his ghetto blaster. Sosa wanted more from his team, chicago ultimately turned on him.

That is where this is going with Marshall. The only man that stood up to say they were embarassed and demand more from his team mates, should have the C on his jersey the rest of the year. But this is a locker room of equal juice boxes and time outs for everyone, team of leader bullshit that does not work in the nfl.

The team of pansies will win in a Marshall battle and he will fly off the handle and go back to his problematic ways when he wanted out.

Another reason this regime should have waited to extend him. The airlines lost his baggage for a while, seems it turned up and is back.

Did Zambrano work with other budding young pitchers to help them up their game in the offseason? Who were his proteges? I'm not making any assumptions... as a Sox fan who is also admittedly more casual about baseball than about football and basketball, I don't want to speak out of league if I'm off. And I'm not even saying he's a bad guy if he didn't spend his offseasons this way, only that in my opinion Brandon Marshall should get considerable points for what he does.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs getting rid of Zambrano was the greatest moment in Cubs franchise history in the last 100 years. Thank God they got rid of him. Fuck that total piece of shit.

That "piece of shit" was a key player and motivator on three teams which won their division in a six-year span. The two years after he and his passion left were the worst seasons in Cubs history.

But, oh, the guy who actually cared had a blow up at the people who didn't give a shit. It's totally his fault the team is struggling, right?

C

cubzzzfanincali

That "piece of shit" was a key player and motivator on three teams which won their division in a six-year span. The two years after he and his passion left were the worst seasons in Cubs history.

But, oh, the guy who actually cared had a blow up at the people who didn't give a shit. It's totally his fault the team is struggling, right?

Yes, THAT PIECE OF SHIT. I am not such a whore that I don't give a shit about how a player for a team I am a fan of behaves, I don't care how successful he was at one point. If Adolph Hitler was having an MVP season for the Bears, I would prefer we go back to Jay Cutler. It wasn't just him being passionate, he attacked teammates, threw temper tantrum fits, insulted the fans repeatedly, and abandoned the team in spite of having the highest paid contract on the team and one of the highest in the whole league and had the temerity to actually cash the checks he was being mailed after he had quit. Yes, that douchebag.

Defend him for his wins all you want. He was one of the worst human beings to ever participate in modern American sports, it sucks that he was on my team, and I celebrated wildly when the team finally got rid of him. But again, as bad as I want the Cubs to win, I am not a whore. I grew to hate Sammy Sosa too. Screw them. I would rather lose with fools than win with assholes.