• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Marshall's got to go

Aussie77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would wan to see Marshall leave is with some very nice draft picks coming back our way and that isn't going to happen. He has been dinged up this season and his QB has played like shit for the last month there is no reason why he won't turn around and have a good season at the end of it all.

As for the fight get over it guys how would you react if someone called your mother a whore on social media I hope he gets a chance to beat the snot out of the guy.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
temerity Great word usage Cali.
"I would rather lose with fools than win with assholes."
Love that too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best WR in Bears history, and the dude wants nothing more than to win.

Brandon Marshall is one of my favorite players. He's up front and hasn't shied away from criticism or his troubles.

I like the guy and can't see Chicago being better off without him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if we go into rebuild mode would I be OK with losing him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of a great man, worthy of our admiration, "Looks like people took my boxing match for charity too serious. #chill"

Lol… It's laughable that when he got backlash for it, he tried to say "Oh noooooo, it's for charity. Ha… Oh my gosh… You like actually believed that? You're craaazzyyy man."

What a joke this guy is turning out to be. A clown.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I'm not going to bail on Marshall over the Twitter boxing challenge. His anger got the best of him... someone got under his skin. Got it.

So if we get rid of him, can we count on someone else stepping up during the offseason to get all the skill position players on the same page with training and the playbook? Take rookies under his wing every year? Regarding replacing him with Alshon and Marquess, did it ever occur to you guys that those guys owe much of their success to that offseason devotion and that this same effort could be building future young receivers? Marshall is making his teammates better, not worse. Also, I'm also not sure if there is anyone else on the team who hates losing as much as Marshall, and that is the team's number one problem. I'd rather get rid of some of the other 52 at this point that are OK with this malaise the team is in.

Going back to him flaking out over an internet troll... maybe he hasn't completely conquered his mental illness demons but we've seen it for the past few years... the guy is trying and has made great progress. I wouldn't throw him away at the first opportunity the way some of you guys seem willing to do.

This guy is SO obviously a cancer, and all it took was things just to start going against him a little bit for him to completely blow a gasket.

Did you hear his interview today? The Bears started blaring rap music over him talking in attempt to shut him up. I'm starting to get worried for the guy. I think he's one last straw away from TRULY snapping and something tragic happening.

I think those of you who think his actions over the past month are no big deal… are SERIOUSLY underestimating this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall is one of my favorite players. He's up front and hasn't shied away from criticism or his troubles.

I like the guy and can't see Chicago being better off without him.

Up front? He's certifiably insane.

Big difference.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that Marshall has hit women in the past. I think he'd be smarter to let little nobodies like this Lions Twitter guy be on ignore. However, I respect that he loves his mother enough that he wants to pound some moron who calls her a whore.

Him challenging a guy on the internet to meet and fist fight, is no better than calling a celebrity's mom a whore on the twitter.

Him allowing a Twitter troll to get under his skin THAT badly, shows how fragile his mental state is.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about the boxing shit....he's already said it was for charity.

So wait, there's the possibility that I get to watch B. Marsh beat the shit out of a Detroit fan AND some charity will get 25K??

Sounds like a win-win to me?:noidea:

You're really not seeing the big picture…

And it wasn't for charity. It only is now after the news blew up against him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Zambrano work with other budding young pitchers to help them up their game in the offseason? Who were his proteges? I'm not making any assumptions... as a Sox fan who is also admittedly more casual about baseball than about football and basketball, I don't want to speak out of league if I'm off. And I'm not even saying he's a bad guy if he didn't spend his offseasons this way, only that in my opinion Brandon Marshall should get considerable points for what he does.

I don't think anyone discredits his passion. But when the guy is a cancer in the locker room during the season, and not to mention… CLEARLY giving about 50% in the NE game after calling his team out. What he does in the off-season is kind of just… irrelevant.

T.O. worked his ass off and cared A LOT too...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God forbid, a hothead who cares. The Cubs told Zambrano to lose his passion midway through the 2010 season because it was too much of a distraction. Then they sent him off. And we all know from that moment on, the Cubs rallied to win three straight World Series, right?

This team needs more Brandon Marshalls.

The guy is outside of his mind, and hurting the team.

What don't you get about that?

Philly didn't need more TO's, we don't need more Brandon's. A guy who loses his mind every time things don't go his way. He's as mentally fragile as they come. Not the other way around.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is outside of his mind, and hurting the team.

What don't you get about that?

Philly didn't need more TO's, we don't need more Brandon's. A guy who loses his mind every time things don't go his way. He's as mentally fragile as they come. Not the other way around.

Z got pissed that nobody joined his passion. Brandon stuck the thermometer in the room and saw its not worth his effort to try to get this team to get fired up.

End of the line, they go nuts trying to get team mates to wake up, show some pride, save themselves some embarassment. We saw the cubs couldnt have it, they went nowhere. We now see the bears could not take it either, the path is pretty dim now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone discredits his passion. But when the guy is a cancer in the locker room during the season, and not to mention… CLEARLY giving about 50% in the NE game after calling his team out. What he does in the off-season is kind of just… irrelevant.

T.O. worked his ass off and cared A LOT too...

This is all speculative richig. You have no fucking idea if he is a cancer or not. So he said something stupid on twitter, whoopty doo, him and every other player in the NFL. So you perceived him to be going 50% in a game where we were clearly getting manhandled at every level. He certainly gave 100% against the Pack!? He was the ONLY one to give 100% in that game.

He may be a cancerous player, but if you think that has ANYTHING to do with this current slide, you are nucking futs.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears need players like Marshall. Remember '85? Everyone on that team was nuts and it worked out just fine.

If anything, there are 20+ other players and coaches who should go.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck Rich, you act like the entire season is BM fault. Wake up dude, he is the best receiver we have. If not for him, then Alshon is getting doubled on every play. Who cares if he challenged a moron to a boxing match? He is not the reason we suck, i think you have a bit of misguided anger, but thats not new.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck Rich, you act like the entire season is BM fault. Wake up dude, he is the best receiver we have. If not for him, then Alshon is getting doubled on every play. Who cares if he challenged a moron to a boxing match? He is not the reason we suck, i think you have a bit of misguided anger, but thats not new.

Whoa.

Never did I say or even INSINUATE that BM is at fault for this season. He is small part of a "systemic" failure, as it was well put in another thread.

However, his actions are a pretty accurate representation of what's wrong with this team from an intangible standpoint. There's no accountability, no leadership, loose cannons like BM fire off on a weekly basis, while our most tenured vet in Briggs sits watching the clock in meetings not paying attention, while another high priced vet failing to meet expectations tears his ACL celebrating a garbage time sack against a backup QB down by 30 points in the 4th quarter. Etc… etc… if you don't see a trend here, you're either blind or you choose not to.

BM is probably the best football player on this team, along with Forte. However, Terrell Owens was once the best football player on every team he played for as well, and I wouldn't want THAT loose cannon in my locker room either.

I can't even fathom that people can't see the bigger picture here, and simply think that this fight challenge thing is just some funny little side show.

IMO, that's just as troubling as him calling out his entire team in the locker room after the Miami game, and then him being the RING LEADER of the "I quit" club vs NE. His performance and effort in that game was DISGUSTING. And I almost question the character of anyone who looks the other way at that. Did you watch the 30 for 30 on him? This is the exact kind of crap he pulled in Denver.

It's his PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR, that really scares me. I truly do feel that if BM does not take a breather, relax, get some help… whatever he has to do... that something tragic will occur. Whether that be with him, or someone around him… or just someone in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have a hard time believing no one else sees it, but do you ever hear his interviews in full? He sounds certifiably insane. Not like "haha, what a nutty guy" insane… no, like; "This guy is dangerous being allowed to roam free in society" insane.

In his interview on Friday, he started rambling about god knows what… so the Bears literally blasted rap music as loud as possible in the locker room in attempt to stop the interview because they knew something bad was coming. It was the single strangest interview I have ever heard, because half of it was inaudible, and the other half is the ramblings of an insane man contradicting himself with every other sentence he spits out. This man is not mentally stable, and it does not take a freaking doctor to figure it out.

His thing with the Detroit fan is so ridiculous to me on so many levels, and the fact that people calling into radio stations defend him is utterly pathetic. The self-proclaimed "face of mental-illness" is out challenging fans on twitter to fist fights for money. Stupid internet trolls and angry fans make absurd twitter page comments MILLIONS of time per day. But not one other athlete has ever so much as sweat over it… why? Because they're at least SOMEWHAT mentally stable and rational human beings.

He challenges him to a fight for money, cash. Then, this dope… this moron… this walking cancer gets a backlash from his comments, and he has the freaking nerve to go "oh, haha you guys thought I was serious… no… uh… it's for charity". That's game, set and match right there. The guy hiding behind charity and his mental illness awareness crap to save his own behind.

It's not funny, it's not cute and it's not entertaining. This guy is a ticking time bomb, waiting to go off at all times. He did a great job saving his image, and maybe he really even did mellow out for a bit. But it's pretty darn apparent that BM still has a LONG way to go. I for one, don't want to have him here when/if the cannon does shoot off in a BIG way.

Not to mention, forget the potential devastation off of the field. In the locker room, this isn't a guy you want around. It's nothing but negative energy. Emotional instability wears on those around it after a while.

All of this just shows that like so many great WR's before him, that as long as Brandon is catching touchdowns, winning football games and that his situation around him is picture perfect… all is well. But the second the shit hits the fan, he's a god damned mess.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Marshall is just saying the Lions guy is a charity case.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa.

Never did I say or even INSINUATE that BM is at fault for this season. He is small part of a "systemic" failure, as it was well put in another thread.

However, his actions are a pretty accurate representation of what's wrong with this team from an intangible standpoint. There's no accountability, no leadership, loose cannons like BM fire off on a weekly basis, while our most tenured vet in Briggs sits watching the clock in meetings not paying attention, while another high priced vet failing to meet expectations tears his ACL celebrating a garbage time sack against a backup QB down by 30 points in the 4th quarter. Etc… etc… if you don't see a trend here, you're either blind or you choose not to.

BM is probably the best football player on this team, along with Forte. However, Terrell Owens was once the best football player on every team he played for as well, and I wouldn't want THAT loose cannon in my locker room either.

I can't even fathom that people can't see the bigger picture here, and simply think that this fight challenge thing is just some funny little side show.

IMO, that's just as troubling as him calling out his entire team in the locker room after the Miami game, and then him being the RING LEADER of the "I quit" club vs NE. His performance and effort in that game was DISGUSTING. And I almost question the character of anyone who looks the other way at that. Did you watch the 30 for 30 on him? This is the exact kind of crap he pulled in Denver.

It's his PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR, that really scares me. I truly do feel that if BM does not take a breather, relax, get some help… whatever he has to do... that something tragic will occur. Whether that be with him, or someone around him… or just someone in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have a hard time believing no one else sees it, but do you ever hear his interviews in full? He sounds certifiably insane. Not like "haha, what a nutty guy" insane… no, like; "This guy is dangerous being allowed to roam free in society" insane.

In his interview on Friday, he started rambling about god knows what… so the Bears literally blasted rap music as loud as possible in the locker room in attempt to stop the interview because they knew something bad was coming. It was the single strangest interview I have ever heard, because half of it was inaudible, and the other half is the ramblings of an insane man contradicting himself with every other sentence he spits out. This man is not mentally stable, and it does not take a freaking doctor to figure it out.

His thing with the Detroit fan is so ridiculous to me on so many levels, and the fact that people calling into radio stations defend him is utterly pathetic. The self-proclaimed "face of mental-illness" is out challenging fans on twitter to fist fights for money. Stupid internet trolls and angry fans make absurd twitter page comments MILLIONS of time per day. But not one other athlete has ever so much as sweat over it… why? Because they're at least SOMEWHAT mentally stable and rational human beings.

He challenges him to a fight for money, cash. Then, this dope… this moron… this walking cancer gets a backlash from his comments, and he has the freaking nerve to go "oh, haha you guys thought I was serious… no… uh… it's for charity". That's game, set and match right there. The guy hiding behind charity and his mental illness awareness crap to save his own behind.

It's not funny, it's not cute and it's not entertaining. This guy is a ticking time bomb, waiting to go off at all times. He did a great job saving his image, and maybe he really even did mellow out for a bit. But it's pretty darn apparent that BM still has a LONG way to go. I for one, don't want to have him here when/if the cannon does shoot off in a BIG way.

Not to mention, forget the potential devastation off of the field. In the locker room, this isn't a guy you want around. It's nothing but negative energy. Emotional instability wears on those around it after a while.

All of this just shows that like so many great WR's before him, that as long as Brandon is catching touchdowns, winning football games and that his situation around him is picture perfect… all is well. But the second the shit hits the fan, he's a god damned mess.

Jesus H Christ man, get a fucking life outside of a football team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa.

Marshall is the best leader on the team. In fact, I don't remember us having a stronger leader than him on offense in at least twenty years. Alshon Jeffery and Marquess Wilson both owe their success and/or growth to him. How many vets plan off-season training regimens for rookies and young players to get in peak shape and gain fluency in the playbook. He's not a "lead by example" guy... he is a "hands-on-plan-executing-listen-to-me-and-get-better" leader.

I share your thoughts on Lance Briggs who I will acknowledge had a good game last week but is still a morale anchor for that defense and is a crap leader. But Marshall has NOT been the prima dona WR you see in other places like TO or Chad Ochocinco. He has not only played up to a higher standard, but he has elevated the play of offensive players around him through the role given to him on the field and the role he has taken upon himself off the field.

I tell the team I work with that leadership is assumed, not assigned. In other words, a true leader doesn't wait to be put into a leadership position to lead. They act like a leader first and then the position finds them. I don't think when we traded for Marshall there was any expectation or assignment that he would organize these off-season activities with young and impressionable teammates. It is something he assumed. That is a true leader. Lance Briggs on the other hand was ASSIGNED the position after we didn't re-sign Urlacher and it shows. (Quick shout out to Peanut who definitely has his finger prints all over the success of Kyle Fuller by the way.)