• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Marshall's got to go

C

cubzzzfanincali

And here you go....by trading Marshall this offseason, the Bears used that pick on Adrian Amos, who from what I am hearing potentially could become a starting safety. Do you or do you not agree....the ultimate result of how everything was handled with Marshall is somewhat dependent on whatever happens with Amos in the long run. Right?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here I thought I was the biggest asshole on this board. My bad.

Finally something we can agree on.

Just get your thoughts together and dont end up getting your panties in a bunch where you have to write three successive posts arguing one point. Makes you look pathetic.

I still dont understand how the one guy telling his team mates to each look at themselves and think this is the best they have to offer ends up a locker room cancer. To me, the turn on him was a response that it was all they had to offer and had no desire to improve. Those are the speeches you hear that happen behind closed doors that turn seasons around. The teams response showed we had a room of quitters and it showed on the field. Give that speech and a team pulls up their jocks and turns the year around he is a hero.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Could you do me a favor and answer the questions I asked you?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dont understand how the one guy telling his team mates to each look at themselves and think this is the best they have to offer ends up a locker room cancer. To me, the turn on him was a response that it was all they had to offer and had no desire to improve. Those are the speeches you hear that happen behind closed doors that turn seasons around. The teams response showed we had a room of quitters and it showed on the field. Give that speech and a team pulls up their jocks and turns the year around he is a hero.

I still don't understand how you keep seeing it that way. It's long been established that Brandon will "speak out" for whatever suits him- personally. He's not a team guy in any way, shape or form.
If he was a "team" guy would he have flown to NY every week?
If he was a "team" guy shouldn't he have taken an extra week early in the season and healed his ankle instead of not being able to separate all year?
If he was a "team" guy shouldn't he have listened to the TEAM when they pleaded with him to NOT do a 45min press conference to "defend" himself against his domestic violence history and use the excuse of mental health?*distracted from the Team don't you think?
If he was a "team" guy, lots of his teammates wouldn't have tuned him out when he ranted in the LR.
If he was a "team" guy he would understand and take responsibility when he ran the wrong route and got called out for it by Trestman *instead of tresty being so scared of him that he caught himself mid sentence.

You AI, seem to have this High School "rah rah" mentality that if you scream at your teammates that are not playing well that equals leadership. And yet nobody- GM, HC, or other players could do that to him without pouting from Marshall. He didn't turn on Jay until HIS production decreased. *doens't that say-only out for himself?
If a guy does all the above and then yells in LR= cancer. We will see it again in NY...THIS season. mark my words. When his production is poor, there will be BM stories. He will bring up his mental health. Smile for cameras and give backhanded "compliments" to some while throwing others under the bus. His teammates will turn on him there too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he will not. He never does. I've never seen another poster on this board contradict himself more and dodge questions better than AI.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not defending marshall, I am questioning you menopausal fans. Can we go back in time when I wrote what the fuck do we want this guy for and all you guys were gushing in your underpants over him? I think its a cop out with this current NFL taking players and abandoning them when they get in trouble. You defended everything about Marshall when he was kissing Jays ass. I seriously am starting to believe that part of John Fox taking this job was the understanding he would not have Marshall on his team. Show some balls and help these guys.I only used stats to show the time period I claimed he was top 5 receiver in the NFC

Lets now go back to me bitching about MArtellax Bennett, Bears running the two minute drill, everyone hustling to the line, mainly the linemen, while Bennett is walking across the formation to get back to his spot and me calling him a POS because Jay cannot snap the ball until he sets which was usually wasting 15 seconds. Lets see how many avoid jumping on this pile now that he spoke out against Cutler not being a "LEADER" just so they dont have to show they agree with something I said a while ago about this POShit since he will leap tall linebackers and take punishment to catch an errant throw. Lets see how long it lasts.

You are so fucking obsessed with talking about Jay Cutler, that it is literally impossible to talk to you about anything else. It is UTTERLY ASTOUNDING, how you wrap everything back to the guy.

This thread is not discussing Jay Cutler, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HERE DISCUSSING JAY CUTLER. (Aside from Joey defending him from your comments... but what else is new). Dude, get a grip. We are talking about Brandon Marshall.

Yes, Martellus Bennett has showed himself to be a bit of a problem as well, and in short... He's a dog... like we heard he was coming in. Personally, I also am so sick of his act. I do not like the guy, and his "look at me, I'm the black unicorn!" bull shit with the press. All of that is funny at first, especially when you catch a game winning TD in your second game. However, eventually when you don't know when to shut up, it gets old.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is when he carried Jays ego and jock around, defended every pass Jay threw, there was nothing this man could do wrong.

as soon as he also turned on Jay he became a hot headed, cocky piece of shit. It happened at that instant.

How can you say the organization got fed up with his bull shit? This current regime did not even take a moment to talk to him. Did Fox hate him that much in Denver?

Fox never had him in Denver. What are you talking about? And I can say it, because EVERY SINGLE report coming out of Hallas Hall at the end of last season said many Bears teammates would "pay for his plane ticket out of town". That is a direct quote from Brad Biggs. Not paraphrasing. They would fork over money to get him out.

It's nothing new. Players with pasts riddled with a label as an "attitude problem". Will often go to a new place, and behave like a catholic school boy the first season. No, I do not mean they are getting diddled by priests, I mean they are on their best behavior.

They are friendly, keep their cool, they hustle, say all of the right things, etc... Then, when their natural talent shows on the field. This will lend critics, fans, teammates and coaches (who all were crossing their fingers in the first place it would workout) to say; "Man, this guy is great! What a re-birth he's had here!".

Step 2 of this process (most of the time), is that the player will inevitably become comfortable in his environment and relax. Which will eventually lead back to him showing his true character. For Brandon Marshall, at the first sign of adversity, he morphed back into a complete loose cannon. Lashing out at anyone who would listen. Making a complete spectacle of himself. Forcing his teammates to grow sick of him. It's his nature... For Martellus Bennett, it meant that he went back to walking around the field like a fucking dog, with his jersey untucked. It's his nature...

Shit is shit. There are instances where young players have gone to a new place, gotten a fresh start and it all worked out. However, those happy endings are few and far between. It also takes an environment, where leadership is strong and you have the right people around you to make things work. The 2013-14 Chicago Bears under Marc Trestman... was not that place.

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness marked by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships.

Because some people with severe BPD have brief psychotic episodes, experts originally thought of this illness as atypical, or borderline, versions of other mental disorders. While mental health experts now generally agree that the name "borderline personality disorder" is misleading, a more accurate term does not exist yet.

Most people who have BPD suffer from:

• Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts
  • Impulsive and reckless behavior
  • Unstable relationships with other people.

3 NFL organizations run him out of town, despite top level production, in a span of 7 years... Unstable relationships. CHECK!

Fighting with radio hosts every week, challenging fans to fist fights... Impulsive and reckless behavior. CHECK!

Screaming at his kicker that he should shut the fuck in the locker room, because he's only the kicker... despite being a member of the team for 7 years longer than he has.
"I love Jay!"... "Jay is the worst!"...
Teammates speak highly of him in 2012 and 13... In 2014, at the first sign of real team adversity. He becomes a problem, and teammates can't take another second of him.

Unstable relationships. CHECK!

Right there you have instances of a mentally ill human being directly effecting the Chicago Bears. Yeah, totally... let's make this guy the captain of an NFL football team. No offense to people with mental illness, I have close relationships with a few... but come on. Give me a break. Listen to the guy talk on any of those shows he went on the second half of last season. It gives me anxiety just listening to him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What question about the fifth round draft pick? The one they used to replace the pick they lost when they traded up for Brock Vereen? I mean I may be wrong as usual, but all I wrote is you guys were on Marshalls side when he defended everything about Jay and got chastised for it by Rich for making this all about Jay. Had nothing to do with Jay, it had everything to do with you guys on Marshalls side until he turned.

You want me to comment on a 5th round draft pick? After what happened to Marshall, we were lucky to not have to pay all that dead money and cut him, but, if we did pay some of his salary, we might have gotten a second round pick. I would say Amos had as much to do with Vereen as it did with Marshall, and since Amos is probably replacing Vereen on the depth chart and possibly the roster, did anything really happen?

C

cubzzzfanincali

since you can't seem to read, I asked you these questions (cut from the longer posts):

the point you are trying to make is that you always said having Marshall aboard was always a bad idea, right? Or....when exactly did you start saying this?

But anyway, back to the main point, is what you are saying that putting up with Bennett is hypocritical and wrong and we shouldn't tolerate him either and demand he be moved ASAP?

What, ya think if we cut ties with Brandon a year ago we would have won a Super Bowl last year, or the organization would be all that much better off?

Do you or do you not agree....the ultimate result of how everything was handled with Marshall is somewhat dependent on whatever happens with Amos in the long run. Right?

You sort of (not really, but sort of) addressed the last question with what amounts to a non-answer. But of the four questions I asked, I am more interested in the first 3 anyway.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since you can't seem to read, I asked you these questions (cut from the longer posts):

the point you are trying to make is that you always said having Marshall aboard was always a bad idea, right? Or....when exactly did you start saying this?

But anyway, back to the main point, is what you are saying that putting up with Bennett is hypocritical and wrong and we shouldn't tolerate him either and demand he be moved ASAP?

What, ya think if we cut ties with Brandon a year ago we would have won a Super Bowl last year, or the organization would be all that much better off?

Do you or do you not agree....the ultimate result of how everything was handled with Marshall is somewhat dependent on whatever happens with Amos in the long run. Right?

You sort of (not really, but sort of) addressed the last question with what amounts to a non-answer. But of the four questions I asked, I am more interested in the first 3 anyway.

I guess I cant read because I still see no quesitons. I see you telling me how you think I would anwer them. Try this, write a question, that starts with a who, what, where, when, why or how, and ends with a ? Maybe my idiot self can comprehend them that way. Dont add all those other words that say how you do not understand how I answered it already if you need my opinion so badly.

Marshall was never a bad idea since our quarterback needed a security blanket. Thats what he was signed for, a security blanket for Linus, and like I said, you guys were fine with him as long as he took all the blame and none of the credit. What he did in the locker room when he sniffed Jays Jock was never frowned upon. All I am saying is a man spoke up in the locker room, and instead of the entire team firing up and voting for change, they pussied out and took the easy way out of just playing out the year and getting paid. Thats what nobody seems to understand. Let me ask you this, I understand Marshall was wrong for speaking out on his team mates, but was the message right? I think the message was right, they were playing terribly and needed a team only meeting. If that was someone off meds, like Urlacher or Peanut, wouldn't everyone say they did the right thing? That at least is what this discussion started as, I dont know months ago.

I am saying Amos has nothing to do with moving marshall, it was what they took so they did not have to eat salary. I think the amount of fifth thru 7th round players that end up being impact players in this league, the rate of impact Marshall had at least, is very low. There is nothing saying he would have still been there in the 6th round.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I guess I cant read because I still see no quesitons. I see you telling me how you think I would anwer them. Try this, write a question, that starts with a who, what, where, when, why or how, and ends with a ?"

when exactly did you start saying this?

OK, in the future, I will bold my sentence structure appropriately to help you overcome your deficiencies.

C

cubzzzfanincali

All I am saying is a man spoke up in the locker room, and instead of the entire team firing up and voting for change, they pussied out and took the easy way out of just playing out the year and getting paid. Thats what nobody seems to understand. Let me ask you this, I understand Marshall was wrong for speaking out on his team mates, but was the message right? I think the message was right, they were playing terribly and needed a team only meeting. If that was someone off meds, like Urlacher or Peanut, wouldn't everyone say they did the right thing? That at least is what this discussion started as, I dont know months ago.

I am saying Amos has nothing to do with moving marshall, it was what they took so they did not have to eat salary. I think the amount of fifth thru 7th round players that end up being impact players in this league, the rate of impact Marshall had at least, is very low. There is nothing saying he would have still been there in the 6th round.

Was the message right? I don't really know, partially because I don't know what was actually said. I'm just not sure what your basic point is...you are chewing us all out for not understanding anything, but to be honest, the only thing I don't understand is what you are actually trying to say. That some of the team quit last year? Yeah, we already knew that. I think...emphasis on think...your point is that we (fans) were too supportive of him for too long but we only turned on him when he turned on Jay. I assure you, that is most decidedly NOT what I think. You've seen me go on endless Cutler rants. What the hell do I care if some of his teammates called him out. Good for them. The reason I am fine with them getting rid of Marshall is because it was time for him to go. Not because of anything Jay Cutler.

If it was an "off the meds" guy a la Urlacher, I'm sure you are right. There's no doubt that some of the vilification of Marshall was due to his rep. But you know what? That's the breaks. He should have understoof that he did NOT have that level of authority, because of his past. Right or wrong, it is just a fact, like the sun rising in the East.

Amos MOST DEFINITELY is related to Marshall. Marshall was traded for the pick that became him. Part of the dynamic for trading Marshall was getting something back for him. The dead money hit did not go away just because he was traded. We got no cap relief. The trade was made because they wanted at least a shot at another piece of talent. Yes, 5th rounders are lower rate than 1sts. But they are far from zero. You pick up picks on purpose, not like they are worth nothing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only relation to Marshall is vindication that the bears did the right thing and got a quality player with the trade. I have seen more of those "trade for" picks left on the roster far too long just to make sure we remind people we got something back for the guy that was traded. If Amos gets cut, its just a fifth rounder, if he makes it, its all because we traded Marshall for him. Bottom line, they got off the hook for some of the contract that should have never been signed, and thats the only reason he was moved, not for any late round pick. If Amos works out, its awesome, but again, it was just regaining what we lost to trade up to get that difference maker in Vereen, who has not lived up either. So in a way Vereen is as tied to Amos as MArshall is, since he is what cost us our fifth round pick we most probably would have gotten Amos with anyway.

So you want to vindicate the move of Marshall because of a fifth round safety, thats how you look at it. You want to look at this roster and say, damn, maybe they could have talked to Marshall before just dumping him to see what he had on his mind. I never meant to say Fox had Marshall in Denver, I just said he knew what happened in Denver and chose to not want to have any part in it, regardless of who was to blame.

C

cubzzzfanincali

So I spent a lot of time bolding that text in those questions for you so you could answer them. A lot of time. Anyway, I am still waiting for your answers.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I spent a lot of time bolding that text in those questions for you so you could answer them. A lot of time. Anyway, I am still waiting for your answers.
Sorry, I have a business to run. I really dont know what the purpose is, I cannot give you the right answer, I clearly have an opinion that nobody wants to agree to, and tired of hearing. I guess you just feel smarter when you try to prove an idiot wrong.

Its the pussification of america, and we saw it in the bears locker room. The guy that wants more effort is scorned so the rest of the team go on sucking. The shit coach never had that locker room, someone needed to try to get it. Put it in any possible scenario in any workplace, any school, 9 times out of 10 the group comes together and works harder. Its sad that not only did the team accept their suckage, the fans also accepted the lack of additional effort and terrible play.

Some people are coming around to agreeing with me about Cutler, some are coming around about Bennett, I get no points for that. You clearly write in a way I dont comprehend and I write in a way you dont want to comprehend. I really do not understand, I call myself an idiot, its not an insult to me, you want to be right all the time, I'm happy for you. I live in the real world.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I asked you some very simple,'specific questions. I'm not challenging you,'I'm just trying to understand what you are actually saying. You don't need to be so defensive.