• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I really hate ESPN.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just under the main picture of the ESPN site are some smaller pictures about other sports events.

One of them of course is of Tiger with the caption "Open Champ"

Their propaganda knows no bounds.

:gaah:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, ESPiN & ESPNTMZ2 suck. I never watch their programming & rarely visit their website anymore. There are too many different & better options out there sports news & information.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just under the main picture of the ESPN site are some smaller pictures about other sports events.

One of them of course is of Tiger with the caption "Open Champ"

Their propaganda knows no bounds.

:gaah:

Why would that bother you? Aside from your dislike of TW I mean.

If you forked over a hefty sum to carry the Thurs/Fri coverage, you want eyes on the tube. I used to say the same thing about Yankees vs Redsox...every other week it seems like they were showing those teams, butat the end of the day it's about ratings.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would that bother you? Aside from your dislike of TW I mean.

If you forked over a hefty sum to carry the Thurs/Fri coverage, you want eyes on the tube. I used to say the same thing about Yankees vs Redsox...every other week it seems like they were showing those teams, butat the end of the day it's about ratings.

Your right. I can't stand Tiger but I'm not the least bit delusional about how it works.
If they want make the entire Open about Tiger fine ..I expect and understand that.

But for them to use "Open Champ" in front of his picture 8 years after his last Open win is beyond what I thought they were capable of.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right. I can't stand Tiger but I'm not the least bit delusional about how it works.
If they want make the entire Open about Tiger fine ..I expect and understand that.

But for them to use "Open Champ" in front of his picture 8 years after his last Open win is beyond what I thought they were capable of.

Not that it matters, but I'm fine with your position on TW...he's earned some haters. But, it has an impact on your thoughts here I think.

To your point in bold...Paul Lawrie will forever be announced on the 1st tee of any event he plays an "Open Champion".

I would think they would use Phil...defending champion, popular American player, legit HOFer...but he doesn't bring in the fringe fan...I get what you're saying, but because I don't carry the same venom for TW, it's not a big deal to me...I get the sense if they put Harrington in there, it wouldn't draw the same response from you.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters, but I'm fine with your position on TW...he's earned some haters. But, it has an impact on your thoughts here I think.

To your point in bold...Paul Lawrie will forever be announced on the 1st tee of any event he plays an "Open Champion".

I would think they would use Phil...defending champion, popular American player, legit HOFer...but he doesn't bring in the fringe fan...I get what you're saying, but because I don't carry the same venom for TW, it's not a big deal to me...I get the sense if they put Harrington in there, it wouldn't draw the same response from you.

Your right, If Harrington was in there I would assume that ESPN had a new intern that got her photos mixed up.