• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.:L

But, hopefully the 2017-18 group will enjoy being around one another unlike this past season's team. And, as always...
Fire McMillan.:suds::yahoo:

Hire Stackhouse. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

All things considered, Sam Presti is a fucking genius ain't he? The same haul he nabbed to fleece Orlando with for Ibaka was later used for George, while teams in the east with the exception of Charlotte and Miami are generally committed to going young and preparing for life after LeBron James.

Poor Lakers.:bawling:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.:L

But, hopefully the 2017-18 group will enjoy being around one another unlike this past season's team. And, as always...
Fire McMillan.:suds::yahoo:

Hire Stackhouse. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

All things considered, Sam Presti is a fucking genius ain't he? The same haul he nabbed to fleece Orlando with for Ibaka was later used for George, while teams in the east with the exception of Charlotte and Miami are generally committed to going young and preparing for life after LeBron James.

Poor Lakers.:bawling:
I was with you until the last sentence.

You think OKC can keep him?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you until the last sentence.

You think OKC can keep him?

If Russ signs long-term (and nothing suggests he won't), George ain't going anywhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ signs long-term (and nothing suggests he won't), George ain't going anywhere.

He most certainly is.

OKC won't advance past the second round. George will be a Laker this time next year. Enjoy the rental OKC!

So now you want to fire McMillan, huh? Did you finally realize that Vogel wasn't the problem the last few years, or do you just want to fire everyone who fails to win with a mediocre roster?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most certainly is.

OKC won't advance past the second round. George will be a Laker this time next year. Enjoy the rental OKC!

So now you want to fire McMillan, huh? Did you finally realize that Vogel wasn't the problem the last few years, or do you just want to fire everyone who fails to win with a mediocre roster?

He may go to the Lakers. He may not.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet that he doesn't stay in OKC.

Entirely possible. It's also possible that he chooses to stay and play with Westbrook instead of playing with the Lakers especially if the Lakers show no improvement.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most certainly is.

It is very far from a lock. He is now playing with a superstar and probably a top 4 team in the west.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely possible. It's also possible that he chooses to stay and play with Westbrook instead of playing with the Lakers especially if the Lakers show no improvement.

Unlikely.

I bet George's numbers take a hit this year. He isn't KD and Russ doesn't like to share. He may not go to the Lakers, but I will be shocked if he stays in OKC.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely.

I bet George's numbers take a hit this year. He isn't KD and Russ doesn't like to share. He may not go to the Lakers, but I will be shocked if he stays in OKC.

I would be surprised as well, but I'm surprised Presti was able to get him in the first place. Look for Westbrooks numbers to drop this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised as well, but I'm surprised Presti was able to get him in the first place. Look for Westbrooks numbers to drop this season.

It is a good move for OKC, no question about it. They had to show Russ they were willing to make moves in order to keep Russ. Still though, I think less than 10% chance to sign George long term.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely.

Didn't Westbrook average double digit assist this year?

George isn't KD but he's pretty darn good. IMO, the Thunder are the #3 seed right now in the West.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good move for OKC, no question about it. They had to show Russ they were willing to make moves in order to keep Russ. Still though, I think less than 10% chance to sign George long term.
If they can add another piece or two, maybe snag a 3 seed, they might be able to keep him around.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most certainly is.

Vogel was the one coach that made me nervous in the East during the Big 3 era in Miami. I knew once the Pacers fired Vogel and replaced him with McMillan that they were a joke of an organization.

HurriCunt should stop using the term "Built not bought". It's that very approach (along with the fact that Indy's just not an attractive free agent destination) on why they're losing an elite all star.

As far as George and Westbrook staying/leaving in OKC, Westbrook's waiting to see how everything goes with George. I predict that he'll ultimately resign with OKC regardless of what happens; but it's something to keep an eye on. If this was such a guarantee though, Russ wouldn't care at all about what happens with George.

George is going to LA after this season. He spent his entire career in Indiana and specifically mentioned he wanted to get back to LA. OKC's not exactly a great consolation in terms of lifestyle.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's see how many touches he gets with Westbrick hoggin' the rock...:heh:

It's something to keep an eye on for sure. Westbrook played selfishly with Durant, you can't tell me that everything's going to be fine with George.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is certainly a calculated risk by OKC. If George bolts after this year than Russ could also walk and they might have to go full rebuild with a ton of cap room.

The indications were that George does not want to play in smaller markets. He supposedly said that Miami was not metropolitan enough for him.

People keep calling Presti a genius and has had some great moves but he has also pulled some real boners. He put together a great team but kept fucking with the components instead of following the stability mode that he supposably trained up in. Keeping that bad C (forgot his name) and trading Harden instead was a horrible decision. Trading Ibaka was highly questionable. Matching the Kanter offer was a bad idea for a guy who is an interior 6th man who plays no D (Portland played Presti on that RFA deal). Don't forget that Durant was in place before he showed up and while he got Westbrook in the his first draft, he could have also gotten Brook Lopez with their other pick. So he certainly makes mistakes.

If George stays, good deal. If he walks, bad deal. Boom or bust trade. We won't know until next year. He does deserve credit for taking advantage of Bird's seeming unwillingness to trade within the Eastern Conference as it seems like Indy should have gotten more.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka was the guy that the Thunder signed instead of Harden, it was not a center. Harden wanted out, not a big game player, all that is water under the bridge. I see no scenario where this was not a blockbuster level good trade for OKC.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is going to LA after this season. He spent his entire career in Indiana and specifically mentioned he wanted to get back to LA. OKC's not exactly a great consolation in terms of lifestyle.

Can you give me the next penny stock that will increase in value by 600%?? You seem to have expert knowledge of everything else in the future. Can you give me tonight's Megabucks winning numbers??

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's something to keep an eye on for sure. Westbrook played selfishly with Durant, you can't tell me that everything's going to be fine with George.

Is that why Durant win the scoring title 4 times with the Thunder?

People are going way too over the top with their criticisms of Westbrook.