• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I never knew it was that actor!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sons-of-anarchy-ron-perlman-3.jpg

Sons of Anarchy

quest4a.jpg

Quest for Fire

beauty_and_the_beast_by_karracaz-d4nvmhy.jpg

Beauty and the Beast

Also played the lead in "Hellboy".

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keira Knightly, Rose Byrne, and Sofia Coppola were in the The Star Wars prequels: Keira was the decoy queen in Phantom Menace; Rose played another decoy in Attack of the Clones; and sofia had a cameo in Episode 1 as one of Padme's handmaidens.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally began watching "The Night Of" and picked up right away that the murder victim is also the daughter on "The Mick". I wasn't super impressed with my identification but it's awfully dark and you don't get a very good lasting look at her so I thought I'd throw it up here anyway.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collateral.

I rewatched it, and the guy in the opening scene giving Tom Cruise the briefcase is no other than Jason Statham!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun one that I think a lot of people haven't/don't put together.

Buggin' Out from "Do the Right Thing".

View attachment 145752

Anyone recognize him?

Probably already mentioned, but Gus from Breaking Bad would be the most famous one for this web site, but he's been in a gang of shit. Both on tv, the younger Giardello on Homicide Life on the Street. Bobby Simone's CI or snitch/robber of dope dealers on NYPD Blue, too many tv shows and movies really to mention, but a few movies....Ali, Ususal Suspects, King of New York, the sequel to Carlito's Way, a buncha Spike Lee movies,

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably already mentioned, but Gus from Breaking Bad would be the most famous one for this web site, but he's been in a gang of shit. Both on tv, the younger Giardello on Homicide Life on the Street. Bobby Simone's CI or snitch/robber of dope dealers on NYPD Blue, too many tv shows and movies really to mention, but a few movies....Ali, Ususal Suspects, King of New York, the sequel to Carlito's Way, a buncha Spike Lee movies,
I mentioned (about 100 pages back) that he was in TAPS. I realized it when I rewatched it about a year or so back and saw Gus as a kid. I wasn't floored.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned (about 100 pages back) that he was in TAPS. I realized it when I rewatched it about a year or so back and saw Gus as a kid. I wasn't floored.

Yeah, he's been in a couple straight to DVD movies as well. One I distinctly recall was one on the SyFy channel back when it was still called the SciFi channel called Chupacabra something.

Ahh, here it is. Chupacabra: Dark Seas - Wikipedia My kids and I used to love those corny SyFy horror movies they would show on the weekends.

He's one of those actors that I bet always gets that "Do I know you from somewhere?" responses pretty much everywhere he goes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's been in a couple straight to DVD movies as well. One I distinctly recall was one on the SyFy channel back when it was still called the SciFi channel called Chupacabra something.

Ahh, here it is. Chupacabra: Dark Seas - Wikipedia My kids and I used to love those corny SyFy horror movies they would show on the weekends.

He's one of those actors that I bet always gets that "Do I know you from somewhere?" responses pretty much everywhere he goes.
I think he did get that treatment, but after BB, everyone knows who he is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. He was pretty epic as Gus and he played the hell outta that role.
It begs the question...

Was Gus a great character, or did Esposito make him a great character?

In Legion, is Lenny a great character, or is Aubrey Plaza making her a great character?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It begs the question...

Was Gus a great character, or did Esposito make him a great character?

In Legion, is Lenny a great character, or is Aubrey Plaza making her a great character?

Can't it be both? I don't watch Legion, but Gus was a pretty damn good character. Square, upright business man, pillar of the community by every metric imaginable. Who just so happens to also be a cold, calculating drug lord for much of the southwestern US. Who's only flaw which turned out to be a fatal one. His hatred of Hector the henchman who he took too much pleasure in tormenting in Hector's broken down state and paid for that flaw with his life. Which was the only aspect of his life that he was ruled by emotion as opposed to business.

I thought Esposito was outstanding in the role of Gus. Even in his dispatching of the Mexican drug lord while no doubt sweet revenge for his beloved friend. The element of business loomed pretty large.

TV Guide named Gus Fring #3 in their 2013 listing of The 60 Nastiest Villains of All Time. In 2016 Rolling Stone named him #7 in the 40 Greatest Villains of All Time. I'd say those listings are fair due to how well hidden of a villain Gus truly was. And you don't rank that high w/o both a great part to sink your teeth into and a great job of playing the part.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question my greatest failure of not recognizing who somebody was.

Had to have seen the Blues Brothers 50 times. It was on last week sometime and I'm watching it and it hits me like a tons of bricks.

The clerk they pay the money to at the end.

Steven fucking Spielberg.

BluesBrothers_325Pyxurz.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been pretty damn good at spotting actors in a movie and then remembering what movie I had seen them before. It's almost always the voice that I pick up on. And I rarely know their real names.

Keep in mind we are talking mid level actor types and the movies are sometimes 10, 20 years apart.

All that said, I can't believe the one that has gotten by me all of these years.

Gimli from Lord of the rings was:

View attachment 145665

Sallah ...from Raiders of the lost Ark (John Rhys-Davies)

View attachment 145666

Damn, never knew that... Could Have sworn Sallah was taller!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always heard rumors that Harrison Ford was the teacher in ET...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my guilty pleasures is "Shameless".

A re-occurring character is Monica and I keep saying where do I know her from but never took time to look up. Then the other day I was clipping and caught part of "Sid & Nancy". Nancy's voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't place her........Now I can.

images

upload_2017-4-24_6-40-16.jpeg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grossberger from Stir Crazy

Gross.jpg

Dynamo from Running Man

8d1f4f7a42ee7e4f826594949a1aaabd.jpg

The actor died right after filming Running man, but I think he was on his way to being a quite successful actor. He had an amazing opera voice (as exhibited in both Stir Crazy and Running Man), was an Olympic wrestler and an MIT graduate. He died at 34 of heart failure.