• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I need to vent.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Rams not learn from the Colts mistakes in evaluating their back up QB position? We often forget how valuable and important the backup QB position is in today's league. I'm struggling to see how in the world Kellen Can't-Throw made the team. During the preseason, he had a 48.9 completion percentage while tossing 2 TDs and 4 picks. For someone who has been in Suckinheimers offense their whole career and still produce at that low level is pretty ridiculous.

Most of you forget who our last best back up QB was, his name was Marc Bulger. In 2002, Kurt Warner went down and Jamie Martin came in and replaced Warner. Martin went down, 3rd Stringer Marc Bulger came in and lead the Rams to 6-0 with Bulger under center. Before him, Warner was our best back up who filled in for Green. Kellen Can't-Throw is not Warner or Bulger and never will be. While Can't-Throw has the most experience, so to speak, in Suckinheimers offense, he doesn't produce. He is nothing more than an A.J. Horrible or the goal line fumbling Gus Frerotte.

I believe Austin Davis gives us the best chance to win as of right now. He played better than Can't-Throw in the preseason.

Now as for Sam Bradford. Due to his injury, I'm not so sure he'll be better. It's not like this injury happened in the pocket to where he can improve his foot work or pocket awareness. This happened outside of the pocket and on the sidelines. Bradford wasn't a fast runner to begin with and might only slow him down. We need to cut our ties with Bradford and this is the opportunity to do that. Its not like I want to but remember the NFL is a business and we often forget that. From a business perspective, it makes sense to cut ties with him and to move forward with someone else. Bradford needs a fresh start someone else and we need a fresh start with someone else. I don't mean to knock Bradford but its obvious he was struggling in the past weeks and call me crazy but I still believe Marc Bulger was and is better than Bradford. I was always a Bulger supporter and its a shame those bad draft picks, terrible offensive line, and lackluster WR corps lead to his downfall. I was always a Bulger supporter till the very end.

Oh how we could be sitting mighty and high right now had the Rams have made better draft picks dating back to the 2007 season. A huge F**K You B*T*CH goes out to Scott Linehan, Jay Zgymunt, and Dale Rosenbloom, Billy Devaney, and Steve Spagnuelo for their drafting failures and FA signings busts. My heart aches so bad right now and depending on how the season ends, Jeff Fisher, Les Snead and Stan Kroenke will be right their in my F Y B list.

Needed to vent, thanks for listening.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A witch doctor has put a spell on this franchise. Anybody who puts on a Rams helmet, or clothing with a Rams emblem on it is cursed to sit down to pee the rest of their life.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Dick Vermeil who took a wussified franchise and returned it to prominence with balls, the 30+years that the Queen Idiot with John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt in the front office destroyed a once proud team and has permanently woven into the corporate mindset a collective attitude of reaction versus proaction, short-term planning, no forethought, and complete stupidity all of which leads to a losing mentality and further wussification. After all, Stan Kroneke was a minority owner at least for the years the Rams have been in St Louis.

Now it seems we are right back to where we were when Spiogt was running this dog and pony show except for one item. We have some talent on this team that we didn't have then. This is nuts and Kroneke has done little if anything and we are at the pathetic state of asking, if not begging for Favre to help us out. What a freakin' embarassment!!!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Dick Vermeil who took a wussified franchise and returned it to prominence with balls, the 30+years that the Queen Idiot with John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt in the front office destroyed a once proud team and has permanently woven into the corporate mindset a collective attitude of reaction versus proaction, short-term planning, no forethought, and complete stupidity all of which leads to a losing mentality and further wussification. After all, Stan Kroneke was a minority owner at least for the years the Rams have been in St Louis.

Now it seems we are right back to where we were when Spiogt was running this dog and pony show except for one item. We have some talent on this team that we didn't have then. This is nuts and Kroneke has done little if anything and we are at the pathetic state of asking, if not begging for Favre to help us out. What a freakin' embarassment!!!

Talking to Favre would have been laughable, except that it was so tragic...I'm only 20 years older than Favre, why didn't they call me ???

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone needs to relax. Most teams in the league have sucky back up qbs. The Rams were good because of Holt, Bruce, M Faulk and one of the best Olines to ever play. almost ANY half way decent QB would be good under those circumstances.

For proof.........

See Mark Bugler at the beginning of his starting career, Holt, Bruce, Faulk, Oline in their prime
See Mark Bulger at the end of starting career, No bruce, aging Holt, and a declining OLine.

So lets not sit here and act like we had the second coming in our back up QB's. BAck up QB's are usually that for a reason.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venting and Our Rights

jacobarch, You tell us to relax. How long have you been a Rams fan? I agree with Shanec and I can't relax because Of the 41 years I have dedicated myself to this organization and the shit I along with Mikey have seen over those years would probably drive the normal person freaking insane! I have seen the Rams live many times, I have been in the Rams home stadium where we were out numbered by the opponents fans! The Raiders, the Niners, the Vikings. That's messed up. I have seen the stupidity in there drafting and what I am seeing now is what I saw when Front to rear fked up the team to move them. Watching in the 70's, the 80's, the 90's and 2000's. Yes I am blessed to have a Super Bowl but we should have 2 but those fking cheaters and the ref fked the Rams out of winning against the Patriots. Bradford has to go but what worries me even more is who the Rams will pick for a QB to replace or lets say back up Bradford?Secondly we have other worries in like stadium issues and possible moving the team again? So for me personally I can never relax when the Rams have to make decisions and play because there are some memories that will never go away and I can name so many it makes me want to "Ram" my skull through a wall sometimes, well I lied it's every fking week!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you RamTim. Having followed this team for 50+ years I have developed the same sort of nervousness because there are so many negative memories that have to be excised. We should have at least 3 superbowl trophies in the front office.

It is alot like what Magic and Kareem did for all of those fans and vets including the logo, Jerry West when they finally beat the Celtics on their homecourt in the 80's. All those negative memories were flushed down the hopper and the Lakers didn't carry that burden anymore.

The Rams need to have someone, both owner and coaches, take this team in the same route to flush all of those memories and wasted opportunities that Queen Idiot inflicted on this fanbase. Vermeil gave us a momentarily relief but then wigged out. I thought Fisher was going to be the guy to finally get us to periennel greatness like some of the elite teams, but here we are slipping backwards into the abyss again.

So we wait for that time when this team finally gets out of this hole we are in. Unfortunately it is not looking like it will happen anytime soon.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jacobarch, You tell us to relax. How long have you been a Rams fan? I agree with Shanec and I can't relax because Of the 41 years I have dedicated myself to this organization and the shit I along with Mikey have seen over those years would probably drive the normal person freaking insane! I have seen the Rams live many times, I have been in the Rams home stadium where we were out numbered by the opponents fans! The Raiders, the Niners, the Vikings. That's messed up. I have seen the stupidity in there drafting and what I am seeing now is what I saw when Front to rear fked up the team to move them. Watching in the 70's, the 80's, the 90's and 2000's. Yes I am blessed to have a Super Bowl but we should have 2 but those fking cheaters and the ref fked the Rams out of winning against the Patriots. Bradford has to go but what worries me even more is who the Rams will pick for a QB to replace or lets say back up Bradford?Secondly we have other worries in like stadium issues and possible moving the team again? So for me personally I can never relax when the Rams have to make decisions and play because there are some memories that will never go away and I can name so many it makes me want to "Ram" my skull through a wall sometimes, well I lied it's every fking week!

I understand completely I've been a rams fan since 81 so I'm not fair-weather fan but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do believe in fisher and co, I believe they know what they're doing and they've just run into a bit of bad luck. We have completely turned this roster over in 2 years and are the youngest team in the league. Sure they could do some things better but what coaching staff is perfect? None.
Take Vermil for example. He was 4-12 his first two seasons and everyone was saying the same thing about him. Fire him, get some one else in here, then in 99 the unbelievable happened. We were good for about 4 years then started to falter due to bad FO moves. I do think Stan cares about this team more than the previous owners did. As you pointed out we went out and got the hottest coach that was available at the time. I don't think he's doing a bad job, has he had miscue's absolutely! But as I pointed out before who hasn't made mistakes as a coaching staff and FO. This year is scrubbed because of the freak injury, we knew coming into the season that we would have our ups and downs and we would probably only be a 500 team and guess what 6 games into the season thats exactly what were 3-3. So lets not get ahead of ourselves here and stay the course. Next year will be the year that tells us something about this coaching staff and drafted players. :suds:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also critical of the Rams for releasing Davis. Not because I thought he would necessarily be the answer if something happened to Bradford. I just knew Clemmens wouldn't be. I don't want to hear this, "Well he's familiar with the system and he's started games in the NFL, blah, blah, blah". He stinks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a good gripe and us albatross fans know exactly what you are going through.
We were so fortunate to land both Pete and John S. These 2 work together like vodka and citrus juices. They compliment each other. Yet, we needed the changes at both GM and HC to accomplish our feat.
I think Fisher is a good HC and can maybe get you to the promised land but your team is missing something. My guess is Sam will not succeed in getting your team to be very competitive. He doesn't have he "IT" factor within him. Not trolling, just my opinion.
Mikey, you still living in Oregon? The Seahawk band wagon cruises through Oregon daily picking up new passengers for this fun ride we are on. Hurry and jump on as it has been picking up steam.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm missing something here; why is everyone upset that Austin Davis was cut? He's back, and Clemens didn't cost the Rams a victory (yet). Then again, expecting any backup QB to beat the Seahawks is a mighty tall order.

The fact that he was still obtainable was likely the gamble the front office was willing to take by cutting him. It worked.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same goes with Jo-Lunn Dunbar but we got skunked with Thad Lewis who is doing pretty well in Buffalo, so not everyone we play this game with works out in our favor.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jacobarch

I hope I didn't offend you and welcome to the "Old" Rams mentally challenged fans because to be a true Rams fan that's what you are! LOL. I agree with you in your last post and thanks because you give us old Rammers hope with your upbeat and looking towards the future for the Rams and the success this team will have again when all the pieces are put together in the right spots. I bich, moan, groan, throw tantrums but will always be a Rams fan. Yes, I signed a life long no break clause contract with the Los Angeles Rams in 1972 and will honor that "Until Death Do Us Part". Hahaha!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhsplit, let me get this out first as if you don't already know, the Seahawks are good. Their program under Pete is flourishing and although I didn't think Carroll would make it as a rah rah guy, he has. Unlike many of my fellow Rams fans, I don't hate the Seahawks, 49ers or Cardinals in this division. Do I want the Rams to squash the crap out of them when we play, yes every time. I have the same thoughts in the MLB with the Giants, Padres, Rockies and Diamondbacks, if the Dodgers are not there, have a fellow NL West team win it. Call it stupid but we are all on a ship against the rest. We all fight the east coast bias every day and when one wins we all win.

As for the Rams, we are coming, I get upset because as a 50+ Rams fan, my days and seasons are numbered and I am as passionate as anyone. Whether Bradford is the guy or not, the Rams do need to look QB next draft, probably 2nd round for the reasons that we have today. Bradford needs a push and we as fans and the team needs the confidence that when he goes down the season won't go with it. I hope the Rams win Monday but if they don't good luck the rest of the season until that last game when again I can again root for the team that I fell in love with in 1958.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a good gripe and us albatross fans know exactly what you are going through.
We were so fortunate to land both Pete and John S. These 2 work together like vodka and citrus juices. They compliment each other. Yet, we needed the changes at both GM and HC to accomplish our feat.
I think Fisher is a good HC and can maybe get you to the promised land but your team is missing something. My guess is Sam will not succeed in getting your team to be very competitive. He doesn't have he "IT" factor within him. Not trolling, just my opinion.
Mikey, you still living in Oregon? The Seahawk band wagon cruises through Oregon daily picking up new passengers for this fun ride we are on. Hurry and jump on as it has been picking up steam.

Hey, Split...Yeah, in Medford...The albatross train need not waste any time or energy trying to enlist this lifelong Ram fan...Thanks for the effort though...And nice to see somebody using my nick for your team...I thought it was one of my best efforts...Hope you're well...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, I will be at the game Monday night bringing some Sportshoopla Rams Board MOJO... hopefully we make a game of it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone needs to relax. Most teams in the league have sucky back up qbs.

Yeah. If Ryan ever gets hurt Atlanta will not win another game until he comes back, that's for sure.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu, have a great time. My take on the game is simple, most likely won't win. That said, Kellen will get the ball out short (of course) and might even find Austin on the way. It could get interesting, the Rams defense usually plays the Seahawks hard and Stacy might just be OK for 80 yards or so and 5 or 6 passes. I just want them to play hard on Monday night, the media has already called this game a rout.:L