• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I loathe oblivious people

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I wanted to call that lady this morning Karen. I vow to do that moving forward and if asked why I will very politely explain how her actions affected me an potentially others.

And Dude have you ever tried the Chantilly Cake at Publix?
but by directly calling her "Karen", regardless of the tone, you are being antagonistic. Now I'm not going to discourage that, but it may not give a result you want unless you are trying to escalate the matter.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still around 200 KMart stores, assuming Alexa is telling me the truth.

"The remaining Kmart imprint was later sold to Transform Co in February 2019 and since the stores have continued to close, leaving only 17 Kmart stores remaining."
I'm glad I added the source... Alexa wasn't telling the truth and I guess the latest number is actually 3... If Google sources are telling the truth.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across a real Karen at a bar the other day. She was starting a tab and had to give her name. I asked her if it bothered her what happened to her name. She said it did. I suggested she enjoy her beer. Nice local small-batch craft beer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again. This morning turning left in Wal Marx in an effort to park the RU Karen is walking dead in the middle of the lane back to her Honda Pilot. I come up behind her about ten feet away she hears the engine turns around and cusses at me. I roll down the window and ask what the problem is, she replies she is trying to get to her car and I should have waited or slowed down. I told her lady you are walking in the middle of the god damn lane why should anyone have to wait for you when you can move to one side.

Oyyyyy I already hate Wal Marx but the people of Wal Marx make it worse
I came across an interesting variant of this behavior earlier today. I also must point out both of these don't really belong on this thread because the persons are not actually oblivious.

I went to Lowes and bought something. On my way I'm driving past the front of the store respectfully slow since the pedestrians clearly have the right of way and it's difficult to know when they may appear. I'm driving past the garden section and some turd just struts out from behind a stack walking at super power walk speed. He's dong nothing but looking straight ahead and just has this "I own the world entitlement" vibe oozing out.

Don't get me wrong, I was in no jeopardy of hitting the guy, but only because I was hyper-looking. While it's true he had the right away, it was his callousness that reminded me of this adage from my father in-law (I think the only wisdom I've ever gleaned from wifey's side) regarding competing with an aggressive driver: "Ever heard of someone being 'dead wrong', well you can be "dead right" too.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's dong nothing but looking straight ahead and just has this "I own the world entitlement" vibe oozing out.

There are film studios all around where I work which come with large film crews, security, etc. A few months ago me and my buddy were walking to his car to go grab some beers for lunch. A security guard is walking towards us from at least 30 feet away but he's just staring into his phone. Note: I had broken my foot on my motorcycle the day before and was on crutches. Anyway, the guy just keeps walking towards us without ever looking up and just when he's about to walk into me I scream "BOO" and scare the living fucking shit out of him. He looked like he had a heart attack. we kept walking and he sat stunned for a minute. Finally he comes running up to us and looked like he was going to take a swing at me. My buddy is a big tough fucker and grabbed the dude by the hair and shoved him like a rag doll.

When we came back he was sitting at the gate to get onto our property. We stopped and offered him a beer and he told us to fuck off. Never seen him again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are film studios all around where I work which come with large film crews, security, etc. A few months ago me and my buddy were walking to his car to go grab some beers for lunch. A security guard is walking towards us from at least 30 feet away but he's just staring into his phone. Note: I had broken my foot on my motorcycle the day before and was on crutches. Anyway, the guy just keeps walking towards us without ever looking up and just when he's about to walk into me I scream "BOO" and scare the living fucking shit out of him. He looked like he had a heart attack. we kept walking and he sat stunned for a minute. Finally he comes running up to us and looked like he was going to take a swing at me. My buddy is a big tough fucker and grabbed the dude by the hair and shoved him like a rag doll.

When we came back he was sitting at the gate to get onto our property. We stopped and offered him a beer and he told us to fuck off. Never seen him again.
A stiff-arm and a body slam should have sufficed!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Gentlemen.

Finally have 3/4 of the boxes empty, internet installed and life will be getting back to Normal as soon as the wife and I furnish the place.
Heading to Daytona today to register with VA down here.
You guys are right about the Karens down here. Even worse are the elderly people. I'm 72 so I'm no spring chicken but the people down here are worse than slow. They hardly move. Carts diagonal across an aisle, and they stand in fromt of a section and read every f**Kin' label. "Excuse me ma'am. Could you select another area to pass on? I'd really like to get out of this store before my vegetables rot."

You guys were also right about the heat being different from up north. Here in Palm Coast, it cracked 90 yesterday and the humidity was a solid 70% from 6 am to 9 pm. But it's still better than 17 degrees in the morning with a 25 mph breeze.

No snakes yet. Longest traffic light waits in the world.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't come to Delaware. I was always taught "Drive Right, Pass Left" but people here don't get it. They drive in the left lane about 5 mph below the speed limit, and basically force you to pass on the right.
Police will pull you over here in Indiana and ticket you for that for impeding traffic. seen it done numerous times.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Gentlemen.

Finally have 3/4 of the boxes empty, internet installed and life will be getting back to Normal as soon as the wife and I furnish the place.
You guys are right about the Karens down here. Even worse are the elderly people. I'm 72 so I'm no spring chicken but the people down here are worse than slow. They hardly move. Carts diagonal across an aisle, and they stand in fromt of a section and read every f**Kin' label. "Excuse me ma'am. Could you select another area to pass on? I'd really like to get out of this store before my vegetables rot."

You guys were also right about the heat being different from up north. Here in Palm Coast, it cracked 90 yesterday and the humidity was a solid 70% from 6 am to 9 pm. But it's still better than 17 degrees in the morning with a 25 mph breeze.

Drives you nuts when two people in opposite directions clog up the isle as they choose WHICH bunch of banana is exactly right for them and which avocados are at the exact level of ripeness for their guac to be made in three days.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Gentlemen.

Well Ken, What else have they got to do?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
car fail GIF
Car Crash Fire GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ken, What else have they got to do?
Point taken.

But one can of Spaghetti O's isn't any different from any other one. Maybe they test the weight by reading the label. Looking for a can with better ingredients??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drives you nuts when two people in opposite directions clog up the isle as they choose WHICH bunch of banana is exactly right for them and which avocados are at the exact level of ripeness for their guac to be made in three days.

There's an Armenian produce store near where I work that I absolutely love because of the amount of different shit they have and the best prices anywhere. That said, European people have no fucking clue how to be orderly and efficient. It starts in the parking lot with everybody driving in different directions and then the same shit happens in the store with carriages all bumping into each other and road blocks everywhere. It drives me fucking nuts.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken.

But one can of Spaghetti O's isn't any different from any other one. Maybe they test the weight by reading the label. Looking for a can with better ingredients??
You need to watch my mother in law stand in front of the open fridge and stare at it for 15 minutes.
When you ask her what she is looking for she has no answer.

She might be remembering that meatball she made when she was 14.
Old people will look at the spaghetti o's and just be remembering the 1st time they tried them........

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an Armenian produce store near where I work that I absolutely love because of the amount of different shit they have and the best prices anywhere. That said, European people have no fucking clue how to be orderly and efficient. It starts in the parking lot with everybody driving in different directions and then the same shit happens in the store with carriages all bumping into each other and road blocks everywhere. It drives me fucking nuts.
Sorry dude the other avatar is better...