• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I loathe oblivious people

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again. This morning turning left in Wal Marx in an effort to park the RU Karen is walking dead in the middle of the lane back to her Honda Pilot. I come up behind her about ten feet away she hears the engine turns around and cusses at me. I roll down the window and ask what the problem is, she replies she is trying to get to her car and I should have waited or slowed down. I told her lady you are walking in the middle of the god damn lane why should anyone have to wait for you when you can move to one side.

Oyyyyy I already hate Wal Marx but the people of Wal Marx make it worse

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again. This morning turning left in Wal Marx in an effort to park the RU Karen is walking dead in the middle of the lane back to her Honda Pilot. I come up behind her about ten feet away she hears the engine turns around and cusses at me. I roll down the window and ask what the problem is, she replies she is trying to get to her car and I should have waited or slowed down. I told her lady you are walking in the middle of the god damn lane why should anyone have to wait for you when you can move to one side.

There are two variants of that situation. The first is exactly as you describe where the annoyer doesn't care they are inconveniencing others (or even trying to do that). The second is the person or people oblivious to their impact on those around them, they just have their head up their ass. Often the second variety come in pairs (or groups) and get so engrossed in there "togetherness" (not implying a couple, that's understandable) they lose consciousness of everything around them.

You've explained the first well. The second clogs up isles at Costco as they shop in tandem and seem like they are trying more to plow the isle than shop. I would often experience a group of slow walker/talkers clogging the train platform as everyone else tries to get by them at a normal pace, again they are all oblivious to the measures others need to take as well as the frustrated looks all around them. And humorously, when they do notice, give a feigned mea culpa gesture.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two variants of that situation. The first is exactly as you describe where the annoyer doesn't care they are inconveniencing others (or even trying to do that). The second is the person or people oblivious to their impact on those around them, they just have their head up their ass. Often the second variety come in pairs (or groups) and get so engrossed in there "togetherness" (not implying a couple, that's understandable) they lose consciousness of everything around them.

You've explained the first well. The second clogs up isles at Costco as they shop in tandem and seem like they are trying more to plow the isle than shop. I would often experience a group of slow walker/talkers clogging the train platform as everyone else tries to get by them at a normal pace, again they are all oblivious to the measures others need to take as well as the frustrated looks all around them. And humorously, when they do notice, give a feigned mea culpa gesture.
Oh yeah I hate the isle cloggers too and you are correct they often and oddly come in pairs. I also hate the isle clogger that park their cart on one side of the isle while the peruse the items on the opposite side of the isle.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I hate the isle cloggers too and you are correct they often and oddly come in pairs. I also hate the isle clogger that park their cart on one side of the isle while the peruse the items on the opposite side of the isle.
I always expect them to load up on q-tips, takes a lot of those to get shit out of your ears that get wedged in while squeezing their heads into their asses...

The purposeful ones are worse though, they get a satisfaction from bringing someone else down to their level. I've made it my mission to stay pleasant so they can't achieve peak satisfaction.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always expect them to load up on q-tips, takes a lot of those to get shit out of your ears that get wedged in while squeezing their heads into their asses...

The purposeful ones are worse though, they get a satisfaction from bringing someone else down to their level. I've made it my mission to stay pleasant so they can't achieve peak satisfaction.
I am generally a jovial person anyway maybe this lady caught me on a bad day. But yeah stay pleasant likely frustrates them more than it does you.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have nitwits who won't walk on the sidewalks and insist on walking down the middle of the road, usually in pairs and often with dogs. This started with Covid. Even though you don't catch Covid outside when no one is around, this remains common. In our community, there are sidewalks on every street.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have nitwits who won't walk on the sidewalks and insist on walking down the middle of the road, usually in pairs and often with dogs. This started with Covid. Even though you don't catch Covid outside when no one is around, this remains common. In our community, there are sidewalks on every street.
In my neighborhood. I drive slowly past walkers. I wave to them as I pass.
Pedestrians, black or white, always step to the side as I pass.
I am very happy living here in my neighborhood.

When I go shopping it is a whole 'nother story.
Women, white or black, lose their f---ing mind when they go shopping.

I tend to wait for people patiently. I do not want to give people the excuse that I am the asshole.
It is hard sometimes but I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Has anybody ever noticed that the person offending is always angry like it's your fault?
When I go to Walmart, I find lots of rude people. Why would I expect it to be different?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my neighborhood. I drive slowly past walkers. I wave to them as I pass.
Pedestrians, black or white, always step to the side as I pass.
I am very happy living here in my neighborhood.

When I go shopping it is a whole 'nother story.
Women, white or black, lose their f---ing mind when they go shopping.

I tend to wait for people patiently. I do not want to give people the excuse that I am the asshole.
It is hard sometimes but I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Has anybody ever noticed that the person offending is always angry like it's your fault?
When I go to Walmart, I find lots of rude people. Why would I expect it to be different?
I think Wal Marx as a whole tends to draw the dregs of society. My wife very recently proclaimed she will not go to the Wal Marx closest to the house she detests that place. And recently they got rid of all cashiers, it's all self check out with one customer service person, so when you have a problem there is no telling how long you will wait. And to boot the customer service people tend to not give a hoot. I too hate the place but it's so convenient.

I am waiting for the day when some smart ass guy get's a whole buggy and waits for customer service to ring him out. LOL I would love to see that

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wal Marx as a whole tends to draw the dregs of society. My wife very recently proclaimed she will not go to the Wal Marx closest to the house she detests that place. And recently they got rid of all cashiers, it's all self check out with one customer service person, so when you have a problem there is no telling how long you will wait. And to boot the customer service people tend to not give a hoot. I too hate the place but it's so convenient.

I am waiting for the day when some smart ass guy get's a whole buggy and waits for customer service to ring him out. LOL I would love to see that
The Walmart in a prior city was so nice and had great customers.
What kept it so nice was we had a Kmart nearby......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Walmart in a prior city was so nice and had great customers.
What kept it so nice was we had a Kmart nearby......
K Mart still exists? Our Old Kmart is Now Floor & Decor where I just spent $10k

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about when people park at the door to target instead of using the parking lot, you know the place specifically designed for people to park.
"i'M jUSt GoInG To rUn IN ReAl QuIcK"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The chicks that do this generally have a giant fat ass.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they definitely deserve some shopping cart damage
Ok, you guys got me going!
I just went to Publix to get a birthday cake for my mother in law.
The bakery aisle at the cakes was blocked by Karen who parked he cart across the aisle!
When she saw that I was waiting to get through, she moved her card like 2" and continued her search for Karen food.
That pushed my button! When I was finally able to get through, I said as I passed, "Thanks Karen"
Caused quite a stir among the patrons. She seemingly didn't care.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you guys got me going!
I just went to Publix to get a birthday cake for my mother in law.
The bakery aisle at the cakes was blocked by Karen who parked he cart across the aisle!
When she saw that I was waiting to get through, she moved her card like 2" and continued her search for Karen food.
That pushed my button! When I was finally able to get through, I said as I passed, "Thanks Karen"
Caused quite a stir among the patrons. She seemingly didn't care.
LOL I wanted to call that lady this morning Karen. I vow to do that moving forward and if asked why I will very politely explain how her actions affected me an potentially others.

And Dude have you ever tried the Chantilly Cake at Publix?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still around 200 KMart stores, assuming Alexa is telling me the truth.
"The remaining Kmart imprint was later sold to Transform Co in February 2019 and since the stores have continued to close, leaving only 17 Kmart stores remaining."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I wanted to call that lady this morning Karen. I vow to do that moving forward and if asked why I will very politely explain how her actions affected me an potentially others.

And Dude have you ever tried the Chantilly Cake at Publix?
I so much wanted to keep my mouth shut. If she was oblivious I might have but she was doing it purposefully.
That was her aisle!

Have not tried their Chantilly cake. Only sweets I get at Publix are Key Lime Pie and Pecan cinnamon rolls.
I try to avoid both of those.

I also have to avoid the Tuxedo Cake at Costco. It's to die for!