• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I loathe oblivious people

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just came back from Publix.
The handicap spaces were full. 2 very healthy white women were yacking behind their cars with handicap plates
I waited because they were obviously done picking up their pre-made dinners, And I waited!
Finally I gave up and parked. As I walked towards the store, they finished yacking and jumped into their cars.
Couple of privileged Karens. Sometimes it's embarrassing to be white.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The handicap spaces were full. 2 very healthy white women were yacking behind their cars with handicap plates
I waited because they were obviously done picking up their pre-made dinners, And I waited!
Finally I gave up and parked. As I walked towards the store, they finished yacking and jumped into their cars.
Sometime it is. And that's exactly what it is feeling privileged. This will sound corny but I love openly, I could be in the Wal Mart parking lot and if the scariest, meanest looking dude in the world is there with the hood of his car open I will offer help. I will offer a jump, or a trip to the gas station if need be, same with any woman especially senior women loading their cars I will offer help, and explain to them it's important to me to allow me to be a gentleman and help free of charge, all I ask for is a thank you

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime it is. And that's exactly what it is feeling privileged. This will sound corny but I love openly, I could be in the Wal Mart parking lot and if the scariest, meanest looking dude in the world is there with the hood of his car open I will offer help. I will offer a jump, or a trip to the gas station if need be, same with any woman especially senior women loading their cars I will offer help, and explain to them it's important to me to allow me to be a gentleman and help free of charge, all I ask for is a thank you
I remember a teachable moment with my then 17 YO son.
He just did something nice for a lady at a store - then you was unappreciative - even rude.
He complained to me and I asked him,
"did you do that to get a thank you, or did you do that because it is the right thing to do?"
If you do acts of kindness because it is the right thing, you'll always have your reward in knowing you did the right thing.

I taught him to do things because it is who you are not because of expectations.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I pack to move to Florida, I'm trashing an incredible amount of stuff that I have no idea where it came from or what it is. I've made five trips to Goodwill and Savers and donated five car loads of stuff. My realtor just rented an apartment to a woman with a six year old boy who finally landed a decent job. I'm giving her a brand new Easy Boy Queen sleeper sofa, two living room chairs and a 43" TV. I haven't felt so good about doing something for someone I've never met in a long time.

I also spent two days with scammer trying to get nearly new Samsung refrigerator freezer and a Pure leather seven foot reclining sofa that's less than three months old and a custom hutch with pottery and grain measures.

Every one of them wants to send a cashiers check with extra money to hold the items or pay the movers. I piss them off when I say, "Send cash in a double envelope with the movers. Put an extra $100 for me to tip them. Or try to scam someone else.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I pack to move to Florida, I'm trashing an incredible amount of stuff that I have no idea where it came from or what it is. I've made five trips to Goodwill and Savers and donated five car loads of stuff. My realtor just rented an apartment to a woman with a six year old boy who finally landed a decent job. I'm giving her a brand new Easy Boy Queen sleeper sofa, two living room chairs and a 43" TV. I haven't felt so good about doing something for someone I've never met in a long time.

I also spent two days with scammer trying to get nearly new Samsung refrigerator freezer and a Pure leather seven foot reclining sofa that's less than three months old and a custom hutch with pottery and grain measures.

Every one of them wants to send a cashiers check with extra money to hold the items or pay the movers. I piss them off when I say, "Send cash in a double envelope with the movers. Put an extra $100 for me to tip them. Or try to scam someone else.
I'm remembering a garage sale I had right before leaving the country.
Some asshole is trying to "work" me and I told him the Price is $______ (very high)
A woman says will you take $5 for it? I said sure! Dude was pissed!
He complained, the woman smiled and I told him, it's my stuff and I do what makes me feel good!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed by one of those lighted information signs that said, "Use the national parks for camping. Not the left lane."
I used to have a t-shirt everyone on one of my hockey teams had. It showed a guy with a pup tent roasting marshmallows. Behind him was a huge goalie about to swat him away, with the caption "No Camping!"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots come in all colors, shapes, sizes, genders, creeds, hair color, hair length... you get the gist.

Karen is just another way of saying garden variety idiot.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots come in all colors, shapes, sizes, genders, creeds, hair color, hair length... you get the gist.

Karen is just another way of saying garden variety idiot.
Maybe it's just me but I grew up poor and priviliged women get under my skin.
Or maybe it's being 16 on my hands and knees cleaning the carpet floor at JC Penny's and having women take the butt out of their mouth and grinding it into the carpet right next to me?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seinfeld-newman.gif

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as a fast lane, that is a passing lane, and if you are not passing somebody you should not be in it.
Depends on the state!

In California, I'm driving 90-100. No reason to switch to the slow lane unless I'm trying to be incognito.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the state!

In California, I'm driving 90-100. No reason to switch to the slow lane unless I'm trying to be incognito.

I take the 5 south Los Angeles every day and I very seldom go slower than 90(unless of course traffic is a factor). That's pretty much the average speed because at 90 I'm not usually passing anybody.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in Massachusetts, I noticed that going to work was a piece of cake, before 7 AM when the road was full of people going to work, like any other day. The left lane was really for passing. In the afternoon, it was a zoo. Lots of occasional drivers who didn't know the rules, or the roads. Kids off after school, mall shoppers and the like. Much higher traffic volume, sometimes a parking lot.

I read on the news one day that some guys robbed a bank late one afternoon, and then decided to escape on Route 128. Ha! Parking lot. 4 lanes each way, going nowhere. They tried driving in the breakdown lane and ended up rolling over by the side of the road.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in Massachusetts, I noticed that going to work was a piece of cake, before 7 AM when the road was full of people going to work, like any other day. The left lane was really for passing. In the afternoon, it was a zoo. Lots of occasional drivers who didn't know the rules, or the roads. Kids off after school, mall shoppers and the like. Much higher traffic volume, sometimes a parking lot.

I read on the news one day that some guys robbed a bank late one afternoon, and then decided to escape on Route 128. Ha! Parking lot. 4 lanes each way, going nowhere. They tried driving in the breakdown lane and ended up rolling over by the side of the road.
In Charlotte area the morning rush wasn't that bad. Then late morning you got the "housewife rush hour"
Women were messing up traffic while talking on cellphone and drinking a cup. Interspersed with women, late for dropping off kids at daycare.
We called then "daycare destroyers" They drove their minivans and SUV's like a combat vehicle!