• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like what I just heard....

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Terry Pegula the new Sabres owner in his press conference.

"Our goal is to win Stanley Cups, yes I said CupS"

He said he has always been a hockey fan an was a Sabres season ticket holder for over 18 years.

"There will be NO financial restraints on this organization" (the Sabres have been criticized for their small scouting department and self imposed cap) Pegula said "Starting today, we will increase the staff and get more feet on the ground looking for prospects"

He said that he will "make this a team and organization one that every player in the NHL will want to play for".

When asked about the team losing money through spending his reply was "If I want more money I will do it through my oil and gas companies, not at the expense of the hockey team, I am a fan first".

When he got married his wife asked where they were going to go for theie honeymoon and he said he had thought about it then to his wife "The Sabres are playing the Canadiens in the Forum how about going to Montreal"? "I knew all was good when she said that sounds great!"

They asked him about the upcoming trade deadline and he said "Thats up to Darcy and Lindy to do what ever they need to, we may not win a cup this year or even next but we WILL win some cups"

He also said he is in it for the long run and not a short team owner.

When asked about Ruff's contract being up he said "Pardon my English but Ruff ain't going anywhere, He was a coach in the Olympics for a reason"

I think Mr Pegula is sincere and passionate (he even broke down a bit talking about owning the team and seeing some of the players from the past that were there.

MAYBE, us Buffalonians have something special to look forward to.

I am very happy hearing what he said.

Sorry for the long post but haven't had time to get on here and am VERY excited about what he said.

Lets Go Buffalo !!!

CatScrap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Darn Right. About time Buffalo got an owner who cares more about his team and the community than the bottom dollar. No offense, but if you own a sports team, you've already made your fortune and your probably not buying it as an investment. If you are maybe you shouldn't be an owner.

Hopefully Terry will bring in sleep management professionals, therapists, psychologists, and all sorts of other supportive staff that will make Buffalo a team that you HOPE drafts you or signs you.

Here's to the future!!!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn Right. About time Buffalo got an owner who cares more about his team and the community than the bottom dollar. No offense, but if you own a sports team, you've already made your fortune and your probably not buying it as an investment. If you are maybe you shouldn't be an owner.

Hopefully Terry will bring in sleep management professionals, therapists, psychologists, and all sorts of other supportive staff that will make Buffalo a team that you HOPE drafts you or signs you.

Here's to the future!!!

Amen brother !!! :)

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his straight forward approach with this, and having the money to back it up. Hopefully something can be done to give the team a push to make a playoff run this year.

If not, the off season should be very interesting...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and my goal is to nail supermodels. That's right I said supermodels.

I can't relate to this. The Kings have an owner who no one has ever seen and who has never had a press conference. EVER. It is always a lacky speaking for him. There was a picture of the Kings owner on line about a movie deal he was doing. It got pulled with-in an hour of posting. Jealous is the word that I would use. An owner that see the team as more than a reason to sell hotels and shopping malls is just crazy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats sabres fans.. ya'll deserve it

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, an owner saying things to excite the fanbase of the team he just bought?!? I never heard such a thing!

lol, just kidding. I hope he is a good owner for the team.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
sounds a lot like the things the Acquilini's were saying when they bought the Canucks.

best of luck cousins!!!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and my goal is to nail supermodels. That's right I said supermodels.

I can't relate to this. The Kings have an owner who no one has ever seen and who has never had a press conference. EVER. It is always a lacky speaking for him. There was a picture of the Kings owner on line about a movie deal he was doing. It got pulled with-in an hour of posting. Jealous is the word that I would use. An owner that see the team as more than a reason to sell hotels and shopping malls is just crazy.

Hey, I loved "because of winn dixie"..

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, an owner saying things to excite the fanbase of the team he just bought?!? I never heard such a thing!

lol, just kidding. I hope he is a good owner for the team.

LOL, Actually Comeds when Golisano bought the team I never got that impression from him. It was more like "Here I am the Knight in shinning armor that just saved the team from moving". It just seemed like an investment to him and it payed off considering what he bought the team for and what he just sold it for. :D

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds a lot like the things the Acquilini's were saying when they bought the Canucks.

best of luck cousins!!!

Canucks VS The Sabres for the 2013 cup would be awesome.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
237099193.jpg

CatScrap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey, I'd cheer for the Pegula's if it meant us bringing The Cup to Buffalo.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Buffalo! I love you...when you're not playing the Pens. Seriously, there's no city that deserves a championship more than yinz. *Glares at the Clevelanders with disgust*

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He talked a good game at the PC today, that's for sure.

I absolutely want to believe everything that he said, but I'm too much of a pessimist, so I'm gonna have to go with the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he will "make this a team and organization one that every player in the NHL will want to play for".

OMG - they are moving the team to Vegas? So sorry, guys. ;)

Seriously though, I'm excited for you Sabres' fans. I know Leonsis purchasing the Caps was the first step toward major changes and improvements for us from everything to the team itself to relations with the community and the fan experience. He made some mistakes along the way, but had a similar attitude to what your new owner is saying. Good luck.