• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like Virginia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Guys, when I said keep up the good work, this not what I meant.

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
CAN'T WE JUST ALL BE BROTHAS?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
super-mario-brothas_o_156575.png

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@Cam: I'm right there with you in a lot of ways, man. I love the Carlos Mencias of the world, mostly because we have (finally) reached a point in our country that the vast majority of the population can laugh without taking any lasting beliefs from the humor. We are NOT at that point with Muslims. The last time I deployed, you'd be shocked at how many people told me they "thought the wars were over". That's how much attention we pay to reality. Perhaps every person on this board knows how ridiculously stupid it is to say such things; I can only hope. Post the same to Facebook, though, and you would be exacerbating a real problem.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a lazyass Wario costume. Beige? Wtf! Is it that hard to find a yellow shirt?

That or even a purple one for WaLuigi. As much as the black folk like their grape soda, they're bound to have a purple shirt lying around somewhere.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is easily turning into the funniest thread on this board.

images

images

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is where we disagree. In fact, I repped him before anyone called foul.

This is where I disagree.

This is a sports board, not a racist/religion bashing board. Va Tech isn't well represented by those types of jokes in a public forum. Last time I checked, Va Tech welcomes all races and all religions. I know it was meant lightly, but it was inappropriate.

When you say "90% of those who want to kill us are Muslim", I have to tell you that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. In fact, that's the very kind of thing someone in Afghanistan is saying about Americans right now. Equally misguided. Equally not funny.

People who have been to the Middle East, or who have friends or family members there right now (me) probably aren't laughing all that hard.

So yeah, I called a foul. I'd prefer not to see racist or religion bashing on this forum. I'm not personally offended, but I know there's a chance that someone else might be, and might think less of our university as a result. Don't get me wrong - i respect you guys, your devotion, and your knowledge of Va Tech football. But I disagree on this one.

Because I also love Virginia Tech.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who have been to the Middle East, or who have friends or family members there right now (me) probably aren't laughing all that hard.

I have been. Several times over the past year. And I find it hilarious. Please don't speak for me.

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.