• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like how Anthony Davis has played the last 3 games

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, even if Davis had no twitter account, it probably wouldn't stop reporters wanting inside scoops and using "anonymous source" as a basis for articles, thus making bad press almost inevitable.

Thank you for writing this little nugget. If Davis doesn't have a twitter account and doesn't talk to the press, how exactly is bad press inevitable?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I find funny is that you speak of attribution error, in not knowing what a particular player is going through in a given moment or circumstance as a means of justifying his behavior...

No, the error is justifying that behavior based on disposition and what you think you know, thus forming conclusions. It doesn't matter whether it is on-field or off-field. You have no idea what the situation was. What exactly drove Davis to write that tweet? Was he still ampe'd up? Did the game matter so much? Was he physically exhausted? Was he following in the footsteps of his coach who jumped like a rabbit after the game? Was he with friends trying to be cool? You have no freaking idea. It could be a million reasons. So, like clockwork, what you end up doing is bypassing any investigation to such behavior and lumping it all as "unprofessional" mantra.

Again, I never said Davis' behavior is justifiable. Did you ever read that I'm trying to excuse his behavior? Did I ever disagree with you that it was unprofessional? Did I ever say Davis shouldn't be censored from dumb tweets? No.

My contention is that people are too quick to jump on shit they have no clue. So, to expose the attribution error, I presented a similar disposition (Young, Harbaugh). Predictably, you turned blind eye and started making excuses to unprofessional behavior. Oh, it was "in-house." Oh, it was "on-field." Oh, they "didn't draw the media on themselves." Bullshit. If you're going to call someone an unprofessional based on behavior, why can't you call it across the board? The answer to that is because you simply can't get passed your own bias, thus making your reactions contradictory. Do you understand now?

Thank you for writing this little nugget. If Davis doesn't have a twitter account and doesn't talk to the press, how exactly is bad press inevitable?

First, I said almost inevitable. Secondly, writers never dig up anonymous inside scoops? Please don't be so naive. You're killing me. A team is never quite safe from bad press, so why are you inferring that Davis would suddenly be quiet without Twitter? He could easily give an inside scoop and you'd have no idea it's him or someone else. That's the point of that conditional scenario: With twitter, at least you know where the garbage is coming from, which ironic. I find it funny that you're so militant against Twitter but suck it all up when beat journalist end up printing about said garbage. Again, it all fits in to the bias.

Please explain what you mean by "stereotypically inclined". You wrote it. Explain it.

You do understand what the word stereotype means, right? Here's a hint: It doesn't have to be about race, although in your case who the hell knows - it could be anything. I'll leave it to your own discretion. However, as I mentioned previously, I am not particularly interested in what stereotypical inclinations you may have, but I would definitely understand if that is the case; it perfectly explains why you react the way you do. You could be a stereotypical asshole, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I admire honesty.

I hope this clears it all up. Thanks for the discussion, I'll let you have the last word.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the error is justifying that behavior based on disposition and what you think you know, thus forming conclusions. It doesn't matter whether it is on-field or off-field. You have no idea what the situation was. What exactly drove Davis to write that tweet? Was he still ampe'd up? Did the game matter so much? Was he physically exhausted? Was he following in the footsteps of his coach who jumped like a rabbit after the game? Was he with friends trying to be cool? You have no freaking idea. It could be a million reasons. So, like clockwork, what you end up doing is bypassing any investigation to such behavior and lumping it all as "unprofessional" mantra.

Ok, which of the scenarios you gave, or even any you could possibly fathom that haven't been mentioned, could possibly be a viable reason for his actions that could be seen by the media/public as unprofessional? Based on the examples you gave, all were poor excuses for a poor decision, again without any sort of apology. As I have stated in other posts, if he made the mistake of publicly sparring with an opponent off the field, then he owes a public apology. If he had tweeted the idiotic statements, then retracted and apologized, then this whole thing would be a moot point and its forgotten. I don't THINK I know anything, the problem I have had from the jump is the PERCEPTION based on what Ant. Davis, Gore, Young, or Harbaugh did and how that affects the organization.

My contention is that people are too quick to jump on shit they have no clue. So, to expose the attribution error, I presented a similar disposition (Young, Harbaugh). Predictably, you turned blind eye and started making excuses to unprofessional behavior.
I didn't turn a blind eye to anything. I am the first to admit that I didn't see much wrong with what Harbaugh did, but I could see the perception of what he did as something that could piss people off. Harbaugh gave an apology, done deal. What Young did was uncalled for, but because I didn't use the word "unprofessional", you call that turning a blind eye? Yes, it was VERY unprofessional. He should not have chewed Seifert out for pulling him in a lopsided 40-8 ass kicking to the Eagles. It was apologized for and we move on. I don't turn a blind eye, I simply put it into context. Actions in the game ARE different from actions before or after, where the players are no longer playing the game. VD getting his personal foul for tipping the SEA player's helmet was inexcusable, Sing threw him out of the game, VD apologized for his actions, VD and the team moved on. I didn't hold that against VD one bit....he made a mistake in the heat of the moment of the game he was playing, got sent to the showers early, apologized later....and ultimately learned from it.

First, I said almost inevitable. Secondly, writers never dig up anonymous inside scoops? Please don't be so naive. You're killing me. A team is never quite safe from bad press, so why are you inferring that Davis would suddenly be quiet without Twitter? He could easily give an inside scoop and you'd have no idea it's him or someone else. That's the point of that conditional scenario: With twitter, at least you know where the garbage is coming from, which ironic. I find it funny that you're so militant against Twitter but suck it all up when beat journalist end up printing about said garbage. Again, it all fits in to the bias.

If something is inevitable, it is in essence, a given. Almost inevitable pretty much means very high likelihood. As far as twitter, again, you have a hardon for this don't you? I also mentioned interviews that Gore and VD did, where they mentioned the other team "giving up" when it was absolutely unnecessary. Yet you predictably didn't even acknowledge that. My problem is not with twitter, it is with our players publicly offering information that is unnecessary and can only be seen as headline material. Twitter was only brought up because that was the social medium that Ant Davis decided to spew his stupidity. My feelings would be no different if he were to say it into Rachel Nichols' mic. The point is that he threw that out knowing full well that it was INEVITABLE that someone in the media could run with it and make it bigger then it really should have been. The bolded portion is where you made my point for me, if bad press is almost inevitable, why add fuel to the fire? Without the words from the players, its simply a bunch of talking heads speculating as opposed to hard evidence of crap spewing from our own players' mouths. The players opening their mouths adds validity and teeth to an otherwise non-story.

You do understand what the word stereotype means, right? Here's a hint: It doesn't have to be about race, although in your case who the hell knows - it could be anything. I'll leave it to your own discretion. However, as I mentioned previously, I am not particularly interested in what stereotypical inclinations you may have, but I would definitely understand if that is the case; it perfectly explains why you react the way you do.

What stereotypes am I making? The only stereotype that I even came close to eluding to was that three Niners in consecutive weeks make negative comments about opponents after having played them and I wanted that bullshit to stop. Would you like to clue me in on exactly what stereotypes you read in my comments because I am not seeing it. I know what the phrase "stereotypically inclined" means, I just don't really know where you could even start to find that in my responses. It seemed like you were implying that it was about race and if you were, you are an idiot. If not, explain further. Either way, you didn't explain what you meant, you just hid behind "hints" and "discretion". Own your shit.

You would make a great lawyer, if you aren't already because you do a great job of focusing on what you want to focus on and completely discarding anything that would either prove a counterpoint or make you answer for your own comments. I have attempted to answer your all of your points with each post, regardless of whether you agree with them. Thank you for letting me have the last word, much appreciated.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings would be no different if he were to say it into Rachel Nichols' mic.

Am I the only one that would want Nichols to "speak into my mic" a bit? Something about that red hair and gap in her teeth does it for me!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Couple things Rod Brooks and Kevin Lynch were talking about today on KNBR.....first, Lynch brought up this story and quote from Gunther Cunningham:

Lions Notes: Gunther Cunningham Is Not Fond Of Anthony Davis - Pride Of Detroit

"Like their (right) tackle, I don't even know his name, he's talking about blocking everybody," Cunningham said. "Well, I looked at the tape. I might make a highlight tape and put it on Twitter so everyone can see what he did. It just really -- the more I talk about this, the madder I get because, I just want to play them again."

So yeah, it got people fired up, and frankly because he's not a good player he shouldn't be making himself a focal point for opponents' attention......guys like that shouldn't be putting targets on their chest. He didn't really have a good game.....he played hard but screwed up too many times. Nastiness can be good in a lineman, but it pales in comparison to competence and reliablility.

A guy who talks a lot and gets his job done can be great.....a guy who talks a lot while fucking up all the time is just a clown.

2nd, Lynch said the bigger point is that Davis needs to be more committed.....says he has been in the worst shape of any Niner coming into training camp two years in a row. Said he was benched at one point at Rutgers for not bringing enough concentration to the job. We certainly haven't seen it here yet.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple things Rod Brooks and Kevin Lynch were talking about today on KNBR.....first, Lynch brought up this story and quote from Gunther Cunningham:

"Like their (right) tackle, I don't even know his name, he's talking about blocking everybody," Cunningham said. "Well, I looked at the tape. I might make a highlight tape and put it on Twitter so everyone can see what he did. It just really -- the more I talk about this, the madder I get because, I just want to play them again."

So yeah, it got people fired up, and frankly because he's not a good player he shouldn't be making himself a focal point for opponents' attention......guys like that shouldn't be putting targets on their chest. He didn't really have a good game.....he played hard but screwed up too many times. Nastiness can be good in a lineman, but it pales in comparison to competence and reliablility.

A guy who talks a lot and gets his job done can be great.....a guy who talks a lot while fucking up all the time is just a clown.

2nd, Lynch said the bigger point is that Davis needs to be more committed.....says he has been in the worst shape of any Niner coming into training camp two years in a row. Said he was benched at one point at Rutgers for not bringing enough concentration to the job. We certainly haven't seen it here yet.

Great Post, Pistol.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great Post, Pistol.

Thanks brah.

Did we figure out who adjusting routes is? Obviously an ESPN poster, because the scars showed from his very first post......cazic with a spellcheck and a thesaurus? I don't remember all the angry posters from back then........there was another guy punisher that was a bit smarter, but still as angry and prone to rage.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks brah.

Did we figure out who adjusting routes is? Obviously an ESPN poster, because the scars showed from his very first post......cazic with a spellcheck and a thesaurus? I don't remember all the angry posters from back then........there was another guy punisher that was a bit smarter, but still as angry and prone to rage.

My guess was mackdown.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My initial impression was it was that king of piss or whatever his name was. king something. The one who had all those political debates with crimson.

Adjustingsprouts had more intelligence than Cazic which isn't saying much. Whoever it was, I made him contradict himself pretty bad in this thread.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Cunningham said is exactly why I prefer the cliche-based soundbites that teams like the Pats give, where everyone is forced to speculate what they may do as opposed to the players adding fuel to the fire. Time to just shut up and play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What Cunningham said is exactly why I prefer the cliche-based soundbites that teams like the Pats give, where everyone is forced to speculate what they may do as opposed to the players adding fuel to the fire. Time to just shut up and play.

Oh you don't say!? Not because you don't have a bias or because it's exactly that kind of behavior that validates what you think professionalism is, right? Oh my...tsk tsk tsk...

I thought you were not going to spew more ridiculous shit by me giving you the last word, but apparently, you can't take your hands off the cookie jar.

Oh yeah and while I'm here. There's a reason why I never used your Vernon Davis and Frank Gore "evidence" to what you were referring to. Part of it, is because it hurts you! Oh noes! The unfathomable media actually interpreting Frank's words in the right context with credibility! (And no I don't mean Bayless.) This can't be! Geez man, how can you auto-own yourself like that?

I was rooting for you... I thought you had it figured out when I read this gem.

I don't THINK I know anything, the problem I have had from the jump is the PERCEPTION based on what Ant. Davis, Gore, Young, or Harbaugh did and how that affects the organization.

And then the rest happened... Oh well. Next time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain't that the truth. His thighs were jello jiggly at training camp.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you are still on this topic, why don't you start answering the questions posed instead of once again, cherry picking what you want to attack and disregarding the rest of the argument?

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And didn't I already express that I would rather our teams be like the 80's/90's Niners or Pats? You act as if I just gave you some sort of smoking gun with my comment regarding the Cunningham comments. Get over yourself and simply talk football. Stop being a bag of douche.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, if you are still on this topic, why don't you start answering the questions posed instead of once again, cherry picking what you want to attack and disregarding the rest of the argument?

Because if you followed the convo, you'd easily see what this is about.

You:

"Anthony Davis. Shut the fuck up and play. You sound retarded and unprofessional. I never did that when I was playing Water Polo!"

And me:

"Then shut the fuck up and just watch? Stop following shitty press. Oh and by the way, your behavior is fundamentally flawed and bias. You should really look in to that before you spout stupid shit about people acting 'unprofessionally'."

Except, the difference between you and I is that I don't disregard unprofessional behavior just because it was kept "in-house, in-game, after-game." I don't define my bias because Ant. Davis has failed to apologize to you or the media. How whinny and pathetic.

It would be a different matter if you simply stated your claim about unprofessional behavior and acknowledged the fact that football is an intense sport (like an informed fan), and it sometimes carries over when people make stupid mistakes at the whim of a thought. No one is saying it should be tolerated or that it's excusable, but no one makes behavioral decisions in a vacuum either. It happens to the greats, the scrubs, everyone.

That's why fans like you are ridiculous and disingenuous, masking their own bullshit bias by reading shitty press to see if their own behavior and expectations can be validated. When it's not, they sic the wolves, claiming stupid shit they have absolutely no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was afraid Anthony Davis was gonna be another Kwame Harris, but I'm not really worried about him any more. He's been steadily improving over the season.