• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like how Anthony Davis has played the last 3 games

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Davis has shown improvement. I was one of the only people who acknowledged it when he showed it last year too, but showing improvement over the multiple flags a game, and easily being beat around the corner on a bunch of plays, isn't saying enough for me. He has gone from being a train wreck, to being average...I want more before his mouth comes out. If he is going to talk, he needs to match it with play. He has more time being the weakest link, than the big man on the line. When he becomes the big man, he can talk about other big men.

I don't know what to say about you thinking Davis dominated Suh. He had some good plays against Avril, but dominating suh is a lie.

I'll give you the fact that they trash talked too (I still haven seen any of the actual comments before the game btw)

First TD run by Gore, Davis pushes back Suh out of the way on a zone play. Suh gets mad, proceeds to rip off Davis' helmet(refs let that one slide) and Davis starts pushing him and letting him know who is boss.

He pwned Suh.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I criticize you for appreciating a humble person? I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is CRITICIZING others because they don't display the "class" that you deem is appropriate. As if someone died and made all of us the arbiter of what's classy enough. It's a nose-in-the-air mentality.

you just did it again. Up in the air mentality, pretentious fans...

That's a criticism of people who appreciate humility.

We have a decade of being cellar dweller. We've been complete joke. We win five games and start getting arrogant? Again, I always felt respect was something you had to earn. I've never meet a man who talked his way into respect. I've never respected a man who did nothing, but talked he did. To me, that's what Davis is doing.

You seem to respect him just because he is talking. I'd like to respect him because he is proving something. Me and you obviously come from a different perspective of things.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First TD run by Gore, Davis pushes back Suh out of the way on a zone play. Suh gets mad, proceeds to rip off Davis' helmet(refs let that one slide) and Davis starts pushing him and letting him know who is boss.

He pwned Suh.

Alex Smith gaming winning touch down, he is a clutch QB and dominated lions.

I can play that short sighted game too.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. Watch the plays again. He is caught napping in the backfield because he overpursued and couldnt recover. It's called a lack of "gap discipline".

So you said yes that the plays weren't due to scheme, and that he was getting pushed back by the o-line. Both are not true.

First you said he was getting his "ass pushed out of the way." Now you're saying he overpursued. Which one is it???

The reality is the o-line didn't push him out of the way. He was released by the line and trapped by Walker. It was a designed scheme play. It was the same exact designed scheme play. He didn't overpursue on either one, he got trapped.

I'm obviously not the one who needs to re-look at the plays. Why don't you check it out again -this was posted earlier:

Draw It Up: The 49ers and the 'Wham' Play - The Triangle Blog

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes he got trapped, but he still had no impact on the play. Why do you think they ran this play so many times? Because they saw something on film about Suh's technique and attacked it. read Joe Staley's postgame remarks, where he almost said Suh was overrated but bit his toungue on it.

Dominant players don't let that happen. He is a good young player with a huge upside, but as we proved, at this point his bark is worse than his bite

Also, thanks for the link, I hope you happened to see the picture of 245 pound Delanie Walker PUSHING him out of the play. Genius.

I asked you two clarify two specific points which you agreed on, and then you asked me to re-watch the plays.

1. Scheme. They saw something on film, and attacked it. Isn't that the definition of out scheming the other team? You're doing a very poor job of convincing me the success of those plays weren't primarily due to scheme, instead of our o-line pushing on over-rated Suh off the ball.

2. Our O-Line pushing Suh around. I specifically asked if the o-line pushed him out of the play. Delanie Walker is not part of the o-line (genius).

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I said it's an nose in the air mentality if you choose to criticize people for doing something on their PERSONAL twitter account. I have no problem if you happen to admire someone for their class, it's when you start judging people and criticizing someone because they're not behaving to "your" standards. Big difference.

I respect Davis for doing it because as I said earlier, he is coming out of his shell and starting to get some swagger.

Now let me ask you a question, since you seem to be so obsessed with class and dignity. What did you think of Harbaugh after the game, jumping around like crazy and shoving Schwartz? Now personally, I love it because Schwartz was talking the whole game and had it coming. It also shows some swagger. The mentality of "f**ck you". You, OTOH, if you stay consistent with your beliefs, should probably hate the fact that Harbaugh did it. "Act like you've been there before" and whatnot.

first what is OTOH?

I don't view showing emotion as classless. I have no problem with players or coaches celebrating after a big game. I enjoy a good touch down dance. I said earlier one of my favorite boxers is Augustus, because he is an entertaining unorthodox person.

I'm not endorsing docile professional business behavior. I'm not telling people to confirm to the 1950's upright standard. I just have a problem with undeserved arrogance. If you still don't understand that, I don't know what else I can say to make you get it.

Plus I don't feel Harbaugh REALLY shoved Schwartz, at least not in a way that made me feel he had ill intentions. Getting over excited and unintentionally causing something, is different than going out of your way to send people blatant public shit talk

BTW I think you confuse confidence and arrogance, they have similarities, but there is a line that distinguishes them.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"doesn't make it right". And who is the person in this world who has the pleasure of what's deciding what is right and what is wrong? Pretentious 49er fans?

Look at it from his shoes. The Lions talked smack the whole week (especially Suh) and they were constantly hitting Anthony after the whistle. If I was AD I would have done the same thing, f**ck the Lions and f**ck having "class".

Why didn't you just say so to begin with? Then I could have stopped paying attention to you.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How was it scheme? He was the direct result of both long runs by Gore, getting his ass pushed out of the play. People talk about Suh as if he is dominant. Dominant players don't get their ass handed to them in a big game like that. He is unique in that he can rush the passer from the DT position but he doesn't have a clue about leverage and how to play the run.

Suh was talking ALL WEEK, got his ass handed to him, but it's ANTHONY DAVIS who needs to shut up. Just brilliant, really brilliant.

Yes. Watch the plays again. He is caught napping in the backfield because he overpursued and couldnt recover. It's called a lack of "gap discipline".

You're still up. I gave you my argument why those two plays were successful primarily because of scheme. Give your reasons why those two plays weren't successful primarily due to scheme, and the direct result of getting his ass pushed out of the play. Remember, you clarified he got pushed out of the play by the o-line. Or was your second statement where he overpursued and was caught napping in the backfield? As you can see, I'm having a difficult time following your two completely different versions of the story.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Davis...and Gore and VD is that there is too much commentary on the team we are playing after we play them. I love that our team has some fire to it, but when it comes to allowing the rest of the world to know it is the problem. Look at the Niner teams of the 80's and 90's and it was taken much like the Patriots. We had nastiness on the field but humbleness off it. Going back to Bellichek, the Pats don't say ANYTHING outside of the usual cliches. I would LOVE for our team to be the same. Jim Harbaugh is a "close to the vest" coach, where he speaks in generalities and doesn't give away ANYTHING. Our team needs to stop commenting on other teams and leave their feelings, emotions, and words on the field.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lack of gap discipline if he shoots his gap and there is a TE sealing him to one side or another. Just my opinion. The Niners noticed how aggressive he gets off the ball and exploited it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My issue with Davis...and Gore and VD is that there is too much commentary on the team we are playing after we play them. I love that our team has some fire to it, but when it comes to allowing the rest of the world to know it is the problem. Look at the Niner teams of the 80's and 90's and it was taken much like the Patriots. We had nastiness on the field but humbleness off it. Going back to Bellichek, the Pats don't say ANYTHING outside of the usual cliches. I would LOVE for our team to be the same. Jim Harbaugh is a "close to the vest" coach, where he speaks in generalities and doesn't give away ANYTHING. Our team needs to stop commenting on other teams and leave their feelings, emotions, and words on the field.

Except that the current 9ers aren't the 80's and 90's Niners and they aren't the Patriots either. Right now, they're just a 5-1 team getting off on a tremendous start while building an identity other than the laughingstock of the NFL. Of course the fans want them to go back to their glory and humble ways, but holy shit man let the team breathe a bit before it happens.

On to Anthony Davis and people on their high horse, you guys are acting silly. It just shows the great amount of observation bias on the kid, and it speaks more volumes on you if you're older than Davis. Telling a 22 year old kid to act humble when he probably had his most intense, emotional, shit-talked game in his career when you don't even know what was going on behind the trenches is almost ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I grew up forming my own opinions, and I think class is just an excuse for people to not speak their mind.

I am not a boxing fan, so I dont know about Mayweather. Am I a Barry Bonds fan? Of course. He was as rude, obnoxious and arrogant as they come and its one of the reasons he was able to keep hitting at an elite level when everyone and their mother hated him.

Am I a Terrell Owens fan? Of course . He is flashy, likes to be in the spotlight, a little bit arrogant, and certainly thinks highly of himself. He also works as hard as anybody in the business.

Am i an Aaron Rodgers fan? When we play the packers, no, but otherwise, yes. He is the cockiest QB in the league, very much a douchebag and it's one of the reasons he is so good. Confidence. Swagger.

Are you a Freddie Mitchel fan?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Saw this today.

NO EXPLANATION

When we looked a couple of weeks ago at which pass rushers pick up quick sacks Jason Babin was fifth-best in the NFL. Sacks like the one he got against San Francisco this week show why. Babin was lined up as a wide nine defensive end, well outside of 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis, with defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins lined up to his inside (as a seven technique end). As you would expect at the snap, Jenkins fired off to the inside, trying to hit the B gap between Davis and guard Adam Snyder. Babin went wide, trying to beat Davis to the outside.

It ended up being a lot easier than Babin expected. There was nothing complicated about what the Eagles did -- no linebackers or defensive backs rushed, and none of the four defensive linemen ran twists or loops. But even with all that, Babin came through completely unblocked.

Davis blocked down, helping out Snyder. With no tight end on that side and no back staying in to block, Babin had one of the easiest sacks he’ll ever get. He poked the ball out of Alex Smith’s hands just 1.9 seconds after the snap, leading to a turnover.

That play and the recent Staley blow by fumble were both claimed to be shared fault on the QB and OL by some people here. A repeated quote of Smith being "untouched" was thrown about. In reality land those plays are 90% on the failure in protection.

That is an example of the lack of gellin' on the line with the swap shop at RG.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the current 9ers aren't the 80's and 90's Niners and they aren't the Patriots either. Right now, they're just a 5-1 team getting off on a tremendous start while building an identity other than the laughingstock of the NFL. Of course the fans want them to go back to their glory and humble ways, but holy shit man let the team breathe a bit before it happens.

On to Anthony Davis and people on their high horse, you guys are acting silly. It just shows the great amount of observation bias on the kid, and it speaks more volumes on you if you're older than Davis. Telling a 22 year old kid to act humble when he probably had his most intense, emotional, shit-talked game in his career when you don't even know what was going on behind the trenches is almost ridiculous.

To ask for professional athletes to act as if they have won before and rise above the shit talk is ridiculous? I don't care if you are 22 or 82, if you are a professional, then act like it. Getting into a twitter battle with a guy on the team that you just beat is NOT professional at all. When I used the 80's/90's Niners or the current Pats is not me comparing them from a win/lose standpoint nor is it a comparison of how good the team is, simply a comparison of teams acting as if they have won before. Three weeks in a row, a different Niner comments negatively about the team they just played. This is not an isolated incident where Ant Davis just spouts off...this is becoming a trend of bad publicity and bulletin board material for opposing teams by four or five different players, now with Culliver spewing bullshit about Megatron.

I've had quite a few water polo games in my career in college that were intense, shit talking, dirty games where emotions ran high and the tension before and during the game was THICK, where people got hurt because of it. After the game, it was business as usual....and I was 17-21 when I was playing. If I could do it at 17, why is it so hard to ask Ant Davis or Chris Culliver to do the same at 22? Total bullshit IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To ask for professional athletes to act as if they have won before and rise above the shit talk is ridiculous?

....and I was 17-21 when I was playing. If I could do it at 17, why is it so hard to ask Ant Davis or Chris Culliver to do the same at 22? Total bullshit IMO.

Uh huh...sure...

And then there's this.

I'll make it easier for you. Just make sure you understand the first two paragraphs and then come back when you leave your observation bias at the door.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Epic, you are so cute. Notice that my rant was not ONE incident that would otherwise make your point but a RASH of incidents from different people of the same organization. Continue to enlighten the masses with Wikipedia entries, it's fun...even when it's not pertinent to the conversation.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Dre isn't a big fan of players without class. Must not have liked Barry Bonds. Or Terrell Owens. Or, most of the dominant players that have played sports.

lol If you honestly think a lack of class, is an essential part of being a dominate athlete, then your level of stupid is beyond repair.

But it's more likely you are a troll. Seriously who says fuck having class? What kind of fan comes along when the team is doing great, and ONLY has things to complain about? you haven't said one positive thing, all you have done is look for arguments with other fans...

kinda obvious what your intentions are.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're still up. I gave you my argument why those two plays were successful primarily because of scheme. Give your reasons why those two plays weren't successful primarily due to scheme, and the direct result of getting his ass pushed out of the play. Remember, you clarified he got pushed out of the play by the o-line. Or was your second statement where he overpursued and was caught napping in the backfield? As you can see, I'm having a difficult time following your two completely different versions of the story.

Conceding?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh Epic, you are so cute. Notice that my rant was not ONE incident that would otherwise make your point but a RASH of incidents from different people of the same organization. Continue to enlighten the masses with Wikipedia entries, it's fun...even when it's not pertinent to the conversation.

No, your "rant," if you really want to call it that, is high-horse self-righteous BS when *you* don't know how *you* would react under the same exact conditions. That's the attribution error. People think they know how they'd act, but in reality, they really don't.

Why don't you tell us how you're still foaming in the mouth when Vernon Davis acted like a primma donna early in his career.