• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like how Anthony Davis has played the last 3 games

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, it's much more relevant to cry about who the GM is signing...

I wasn't crying, I was expressing my desire for him to pull off a ballsy move and sign the best free agent WR out there to boost this passing offense. Baalke has done a great job overall.

This, OTOH, is different. Who the hell is a fan to tell an NFL player how to act? Are they AD 's dad? Didn't think so.

So, as we can see now, apples and oranges.

Me: Telling Baalke to do something that pertains to the football team.

Pretentious fan: Telling Anthony Davis how to behave in his personal life.

I'm glad to help.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't crying, I was expressing my desire for him to pull off a ballsy move and sign the best free agent WR out there to boost this passing offense. Baalke has done a great job overall.

This, OTOH, is different. Who the hell is a fan to tell an NFL player how to act? Are they AD 's dad? Didn't think so.

I'm glad to help.

There are numerous jobs, including NFL player where actions in your personal life affect your professional life. Every player is a reflection of their team and coach. Just because you take the helmet off doesn't mean you can act anyway you want to. That's the price you pay to get millions of dollars.

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are numerous jobs, including NFL player where actions in your personal life affect your professional life. Every player is a reflection of their team and coach. Just because you take the helmet off doesn't mean you can act anyway you want to. That's the price you pay to get millions of dollars.

Completely false, just a fairy tale. AD is well within his right to say whatever he wants on his PERSONAL twitter account.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Completely false, just a fairy tale. AD is well within his right to say whatever he wants on his PERSONAL twitter account.

Just because one has the right to do something doesn't make it right to do it. Davis was told to calm his happy-ass down, and he subsequently pulled all but one of his tweets.

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just because one has the right to do something doesn't make it right to do it. Davis was told to calm his happy-ass down, and he subsequently pulled all but one of his tweets.

"doesn't make it right". And who is the person in this world who has the pleasure of what's deciding what is right and what is wrong? Pretentious 49er fans?

Look at it from his shoes. The Lions talked smack the whole week (especially Suh) and they were constantly hitting Anthony after the whistle. If I was AD I would have done the same thing, f**ck the Lions and f**ck having "class".

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad to help.

Davis's comments don't pertain to the team? As this type of thing gets negative media coverage, do you think it's possible it becomes a distraction? Do you think giving other teams motivation billboards gives us an advantage?

If we do meet the lions again in the playoffs do you honestly think they won't remember?

break it down for me, how does davis's shit talk help the team? we can give cases where it hurts us...but where does it help us?

If you think qualities like dignity and humility make you pretentious, then it says a lot about you. I don't think those qualities are to much to expect out of people. It's especially annoying to hear from someone who hasn't earned it. Davis had people calling for him to be benched, not to long ago. He won a few games now and thinks he's the shit? To me it sounds more liek someone in need of a wake up call. Him talking down on Suh is as retarded as Jason Hill talking down on Reevis.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Well within his rights? Absolutely. A wise decision? No. Plenty of talented players have lost opportunities because of their off-field conduct. This is a pretty minor blip, but it's silly to pretend that off-field actions can't affect a player's career.

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Davis's comments don't pertain to the team? As this type of thing gets negative media coverage, do you think it's possible it becomes a distraction? Do you think giving other teams motivation billboards gives us an advantage?

If we do meet the lions again in the playoffs do you honestly think they won't remember?

break it down for me, how does davis's shit talk help the team? we can give cases where it hurts us...but where does it help us?

If you think qualities like dignity and humility make you pretentious, then it says a lot about you. I don't think those qualities are to much to expect out of people. It's especially annoying to hear from someone who hasn't earned it. Davis had people calling for him to be benched, not to long ago. He won a few games now and thinks he's the shit? To me it sounds more liek someone in need of a wake up call. Him talking down on Suh is as retarded as Jason Hill talking down on Reevis.

Uh, of course I think they will remember. Where me and you differ is that you actually think it will make a "difference", as if AD's tweets are going to give them "extra motivation" or some other BS similar to that. It's the NFL, if you need someone's tweets to motivate you even more to play the game harder there is something wrong with you.

No, I don't think we can give any cases where it hurts. Like I said, it's highly unlikely his tweets suddenly raise the level of play of the Lions. That's just fairy tale baloney.

As for how it helps the team, I don't think it helps the team, but what I love about his tweets and his play on the field is that he is starting to come out of his shell and get some swagger. He is an o-lineman, not a Jehovah's witness. His job is to be mean and nasty. He got smack talked and retaliated on a different forum(twitter) after he got done beating up on overrated Suh. Like I said, I would have done the same thing. Class doesn't matter, wins do. And swagger will certainly help you win, whereas I'm not sure how class does.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, of course I think they will remember. Where me and you differ is that you actually think it will make a "difference", as if AD's tweets are going to give them "extra motivation" or some other BS similar to that. It's the NFL, if you need someone's tweets to motivate you even more to play the game harder there is something wrong with you.

No, I don't think we can give any cases where it hurts. Like I said, it's highly unlikely his tweets suddenly raise the level of play of the Lions. That's just fairy tale baloney.

If that's the only thing that gets you up yea something is wrong with you, But to say teams don't take advantage of it is bullshit. Those comments aren't big deals, but giving someone a little more could also be the straw that breaks the camels back. Making things personal, has a way of effecting certain personalities, and Suh is a fiery man, I don't see him letting it roll off his shoulders.

To say it means nothing and is a fair tale, only shows that you are over looking the possibility personalities. Some people are egomaniacs, some people have A LOT of pride, while others let shit roll off their shoulder. It's ridiculous to say these things have absolutely no effect on any player in the league the way you are right now. If it had no effect, the practice of it would have been abandoned long ago.

CJ performs high every week, but you don't think he took extra pride in beasting on the cowboys? Or Reevis shutting down a shit talking WR? I know as a competitive person I take extra pride in stomping out a shit talker.

and again...davis doesn't perform on a high level each week. He hasn't earned the mouth. I don't need a mouth, I need performance.

As for how it helps the team, I don't think it helps the team, but what I love about his tweets and his play on the field is that he is starting to come out of his shell and get some swagger. He is an o-lineman, not a Jehovah's witness. His job is to be mean and nasty. He got smack talked and retaliated on a different forum(twitter) after he got done beating up on overrated Suh. Like I said, I would have done the same thing. Class doesn't matter, wins do. And swagger will certainly help you win, whereas I'm not sure how class does.

Again, you say class doesn't matter, it says plenty about you as a person. I don't understand this mentality. I grew up on ideas of honor, those qualities still mean something to me. There is plenty of men in the history of this league, who where raging beasts on the field. They would rip your arm off and feed it to you, but they also conducted themselves as men. Having a mean streak doesn't mean being arrogant.

Flloyd Mayweather is a winner, but his lack of humility and honor makes me not care for him. You are probably a fan of his personality though right?

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If that's the only thing that gets you up yea something is wrong with you, But to say teams don't take advantage of it is bullshit. Those comments aren't big deals, but giving someone a little more could also be the straw that breaks the camels back. Making things personal, has a way of effecting certain personalities, and Suh is a fiery man, I don't see him letting it roll off his shoulders.

To say it means nothing and is a fair tale, only shows that you are over looking the possibility personalities. Some people are egomaniacs, some people have A LOT of pride, while others let shit roll off their shoulder. It's ridiculous to say these things have absolutely no effect on any player in the league the way you are right now. If it had no effect, the practice of it would have been abandoned long ago.

CJ performs high every week, but you don't think he took extra pride in beasting on the cowboys? Or Reevis shutting down a shit talking WR? I know as a competitive person I take extra pride in stomping out a shit talker.

and again...davis doesn't perform on a high level each week. He hasn't earned the mouth. I don't need a mouth, I need performance.

Again, you say class doesn't matter, it says plenty about you as a person. I don't understand this mentality. I grew up on ideas of honor, those qualities still mean something to me. There is plenty of men in the history of this league, who where raging beasts on the field. They would rip your arm off and feed it to you, but they also conducted themselves as men. Having a mean streak doesn't mean being arrogant.

Flloyd Mayweather is a winner, but his lack of humility and honor makes me not care for him. You are probably a fan of his personality though right?

I grew up forming my own opinions, and I think class is just an excuse for people to not speak their mind.

I am not a boxing fan, so I dont know about Mayweather. Am I a Barry Bonds fan? Of course. He was as rude, obnoxious and arrogant as they come and its one of the reasons he was able to keep hitting at an elite level when everyone and their mother hated him.

Am I a Terrell Owens fan? Of course . He is flashy, likes to be in the spotlight, a little bit arrogant, and certainly thinks highly of himself. He also works as hard as anybody in the business.

Am i an Aaron Rodgers fan? When we play the packers, no, but otherwise, yes. He is the cockiest QB in the league, very much a douchebag and it's one of the reasons he is so good. Confidence. Swagger.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up forming my own opinions, and I think class is just an excuse for people to not speak their mind.

I am not a boxing fan, so I dont know about Mayweather. Am I a Barry Bonds fan? Of course. He was as rude, obnoxious and arrogant as they come and its one of the reasons he was able to keep hitting at an elite level when everyone and their mother hated him.

Am I a Terrell Owens fan? Of course . He is flashy, likes to be in the spotlight, a little bit arrogant, and certainly thinks highly of himself. He also works as hard as anybody in the business.

Am i an Aaron Rodgers fan? When we play the packers, no, but otherwise, yes. He is the cockiest QB in the league, very much a douchebag and it's one of the reasons he is so good. Confidence. Swagger.

I'm not against people speaking their minds, I just don't value flash and obnoxious as Ideal qualities for people to have. I have that right too. I'm not calling for people to be phoney, I just don't like arrogance. To me it's a weak quality. Most arrogant people are also full of insecurity.

Larry Allen had one of the nastiest mean streaks on the field, people always commented about him ripping of your arms, off the field he was soft spoken, and kinda shy.

How about Anthoney Munoz, he wasn't flashy or a bad person, most people only have good things to say of him off the field, But he was an absolute beast when he it was time to play.

I'm all for having Nasty line men on the field. I'd love our linemen to be feared and respected in that way. Unfortunately Davis hasn't shown that yet, so where he gets off talking I don't know. We've lost for a long time, where we get off acting like we run things, I don't know. I believe in having to earn respect. Respect isn't something you can talk yourself into.

You mention TO, Rogers etc...They they played a high level each week, while Davis has alot of time looking confused and making mistakes that hurt his team...His mouth isn't matching his play, so how are you finding respect in that?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone who's been burned as much as Davis should keep his mouth shut at this stage of his career. We beat Suh and the rest of their D-Line primarily because of scheme. The Suh being over-rated claim is lunacy.

Davis was arguably the worst player on last year's team. Why draw the extra attention? What this shows is that D-Line can get inside his head during the week. If he keeps his mouth shut, it would have conveyed the opposite with the way he handled everything during the game. Now he can expect more every week of after whistle hits and jabbering. If he can back it up, fine. But why would he want it after how bad he's played until just recently?

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not against people speaking their minds, I just don't value flash and obnoxious as Ideal qualities for people to have. I have that right too. I'm not calling for people to be phoney, I just don't like arrogance. To me it's a weak quality. Most arrogant people are also full of insecurity.

Larry Allen had one of the nastiest mean streaks on the field, people always commented about him ripping of your arms, off the field he was soft spoken, and kinda shy.

How about Anthoney Munoz, he wasn't flashy or a bad person, most people only have good things to say of him off the field, But he was an absolute beast when he it was time to play.

I'm all for having Nasty line men on the field. I'd love our linemen to be feared and respected in that way. Unfortunately Davis hasn't shown that yet, so where he gets off talking I don't know. We've lost for a long time, where we get off acting like we run things, I don't know. I believe in having to earn respect. Respect isn't something you can talk yourself into.

You mention TO, Rogers etc...They they played a high level each week, while Davis has alot of time looking confused and making mistakes that hurt his team...His mouth isn't matching his play, so how are you finding respect in that?

Davis has played much better since Adam Snyder has been inserted in the lineup, and Sunday he was a flipping beast in the run game. Yeah, he still has issues now and then in pass protection but overall he is quietly having a pretty good season.

And you seem to forget one thing: It was overrated Suh that was doing the talking all week, as well as hitting Davis after the whistle, and ripping off his helmet. How long have the damn LIONS lost for? But Suh is allowed to talk beforer the game but AD can't laugh about it AFTER the game?(especially when he dominated Suh, LOL).

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Someone who's been burned as much as Davis should keep his mouth shut at this stage of his career. We beat Suh and the rest of their D-Line primarily because of scheme. The Suh being over-rated claim is lunacy.

Davis was arguably the worst player on last year's team. Why draw the extra attention? What this shows is that D-Line can get inside his head during the week. If he keeps his mouth shut, it would have conveyed the opposite with the way he handled everything during the game. Now he can expect more every week of after whistle hits and jabbering. If he can back it up, fine. But why would he want it after how bad he's played until just recently?

How was it scheme? He was the direct result of both long runs by Gore, getting his ass pushed out of the play. People talk about Suh as if he is dominant. Dominant players don't get their ass handed to them in a big game like that. He is unique in that he can rush the passer from the DT position but he doesn't have a clue about leverage and how to play the run.

Suh was talking ALL WEEK, got his ass handed to him, but it's ANTHONY DAVIS who needs to shut up. Just brilliant, really brilliant.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite Boxers of all time is Emanuel Augustus, he is undeniably an individual. Some hate him because he is extremely unorthodox, and has a lot of fun in the ring. I never seen him and thought "I wish he would conduct himself like other fighters" because I appreciate him for what he is. He has fun, and extremely entertaining to me, He is always fun to watch, but his difference doesn't make him seem like a douche to me. When you hear him talk out of the ring he seems genuinely grounded. You are wrong to act like I want davis to shut up cause I want him to conform. I don't want conformity, I just don't value arrogance.

Seems weird that I would be criticized for appreciating a humble person. As if humility is weak, or always fake.

since you aren't familiar with flloyd I'm sure you haven't watch agustus. you might appreciate it. He is defiantly out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just want you to clarify something for me. Both of the big Gore runs were not due to scheme, and that our o-line pushed Suh out of the way on both those plays. Is that correct?

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just want you to clarify something for me. Both of the big Gore runs were not due to scheme, and that our o-line pushed Suh out of the way on both those plays. Is that correct?

Yes. Watch the plays again. He is caught napping in the backfield because he overpursued and couldnt recover. It's called a lack of "gap discipline".

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has played much better since Adam Snyder has been inserted in the lineup, and Sunday he was a flipping beast in the run game. Yeah, he still has issues now and then in pass protection but overall he is quietly having a pretty good season.

And you seem to forget one thing: It was overrated Suh that was doing the talking all week, as well as hitting Davis after the whistle, and ripping off his helmet. How long have the damn LIONS lost for? But Suh is allowed to talk beforer the game but AD can't laugh about it AFTER the game?(especially when he dominated Suh, LOL).

Davis has shown improvement. I was one of the only people who acknowledged it when he showed it last year too, but showing improvement over the multiple flags a game, and easily being beat around the corner on a bunch of plays, isn't saying enough for me. He has gone from being a train wreck, to being average...I want more before his mouth comes out. If he is going to talk, he needs to match it with play. He has more time being the weakest link, than the big man on the line. When he becomes the big man, he can talk about other big men.

I don't know what to say about you thinking Davis dominated Suh. He had some good plays against Avril, but dominating suh is a lie.

I'll give you the fact that they trash talked too (I still haven seen any of the actual comments before the game btw)

AdjustingRoutes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One of my favorite Boxers of all time is Emanuel Augustus, he is undeniably an individual. Some hate him because he is extremely unorthodox, and has a lot of fun in the ring. I never seen him and thought "I wish he would conduct himself like other fighters" because I appreciate him for what he is. He has fun, and extremely entertaining to me, He is always fun to watch, but his difference doesn't make him seem like a douche to me. When you hear him talk out of the ring he seems genuinely grounded. You are wrong to act like I want davis to shut up cause I want him to conform. I don't want conformity, I just don't value arrogance.

Seems weird that I would be criticized for appreciating a humble person. As if humility is weak, or always fake.

since you aren't familiar with flloyd I'm sure you haven't watch agustus. you might appreciate it. He is defiantly out of the box.

When did I criticize you for appreciating a humble person? I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is CRITICIZING others because they don't display the "class" that you deem is appropriate. As if someone died and made all of us the arbiter of what's classy enough. It's a nose-in-the-air mentality.

Last edited by a moderator: