• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Know This is Not a Big Deal But...

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...ESPN has some good articles about the Bears, particularly their apparent improvements on defense.

Have any of you guys read them? Just curious what you think.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, read them today. I'd say it's always a good sign when your team is garnering national attention for the improvements they've made. It didn't really say much that we didn't know about already. However, it's just a bit validating to see someone else (besides us homers) being happy with the aggression we've seen in free agency.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are my thoughts as well. I am getting more excited about the upcoming season, but it is nice to see that my opinions are shared by those in the sports community.

Have you read the comments on some of the articles? There were some nasty comments from fans of other NFCN teams concerning the Bears. Just glad we are not on those boards anymore.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are my thoughts as well. I am getting more excited about the upcoming season, but it is nice to see that my opinions are shared by those in the sports community.

Have you read the comments on some of the articles? There were some nasty comments from fans of other NFCN teams concerning the Bears. Just glad we are not on those boards anymore.

lol... Nah, didn't check that out.

I mean, I actually take that as a compliment to the Bears as well. I'll bet anything you won't see half of those Packers or Lions fans going out of their way to insult moves that the Vikings made this off-season. Why? Because they know they're not a threat.

When opposing fans that have owned you for an extended period of time (AKA Packers) start going out of their way to concern themselves with you. That's a tell tale sign of panic.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... Nah, didn't check that out.

I mean, I actually take that as a compliment to the Bears as well. I'll bet anything you won't see half of those Packers or Lions fans going out of their way to insult moves that the Vikings made this off-season. Why? Because they know they're not a threat.

When opposing fans that have owned you for an extended period of time (AKA Packers) start going out of their way to concern themselves with you. That's a tell tale sign of panic.

Well said Rich. I'm glad you came over to this board when ESPN shut down. I really look forward to your posts, as well as those from others such as BLH, NC, milkshake, 63, and Cali. You and the others make this a fun place, but informative as well.

Thanks man. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Rich. I'm glad you came over to this board when ESPN shut down. I really look forward to your posts, as well as those from others such as BLH, NC, milkshake, 63, and Cali. You and the others make this a fun place, but informative as well.

Right back at ya brother. :suds:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck you so excited about Jarhead. We still need a safety or 2 , A BU CB for when Tillman gets hurt.
A DT who can stuff the run. A BU RB. Another pass catching TE. And we still have Mel Tucker.

:lol: Just fuckin w/ya. I'm starting to get excited also .
Can't wait for the draft. Any idea of when that happens? Heard they moved it .:suds:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yessir!! This is a really good board with great Bear fan peeps ( yes, that includes you too, leo :yahoo:).

I really should limit my postings about the Bears to this board only. I get too easily sucked in to the rampant stupidity that abounds on the facebook fan pages. I thought the espn boards were really bad about misinformation...then I stumbled on to the facebook fan page. Im actually viewed as a somewhat of a "bad guy" over there. Never thought that was possible, lol.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually very impressed with the coaching changes they made in the off season on Defense. Jared Allen talked about it a bit in his presser at Halas Hall. While yes, I am excited to see what the new guys bring to the team, I'm also excited on what the coaches may do to bring about change at the LB position in particular with the new kids, Shea included.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck you so excited about Jarhead. We still need a safety or 2 , A BU CB for when Tillman gets hurt.
A DT who can stuff the run. A BU RB. Another pass catching TE. And we still have Mel Tucker.

:lol: Just fuckin w/ya. I'm starting to get excited also .
Can't wait for the draft. Any idea of when that happens? Heard they moved it .:suds:

:laugh3:

I'm hearing ya'

Don't get me wrong, I have trepidation about the upcoming season as well. But I can't help but get excited about the efforts from the front office.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I saw them. It's cool, it's nice to read about our team, but it's the offseason and ESPN makes the rounds among the teams. I'm interested to see how this all fits together, but there's still plenty that can go wrong with the Bears defense, and the draft is still pretty damn crucial.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

(kicks can down the street)

Pete, I didn't mean to exclude you or others like Idiot and Woodie. I really enjoy the posts on this board, especially from you guys and (dare I say this?) from some Packers' and Lions' fans.

Great board all around.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir!! This is a really good board with great Bear fan peeps ( yes, that includes you too, leo :yahoo:).

I really should limit my postings about the Bears to this board only. I get too easily sucked in to the rampant stupidity that abounds on the facebook fan pages. I thought the espn boards were really bad about misinformation...then I stumbled on to the facebook fan page. Im actually viewed as a somewhat of a "bad guy" over there. Never thought that was possible, lol.

No shit? You seem to bring objectivity to discussions, which is especially good for me since I have a tendency to catch homerism.

Glad you're here BLH! :clap:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them. It's cool, it's nice to read about our team, but it's the offseason and ESPN makes the rounds among the teams. I'm interested to see how this all fits together, but there's still plenty that can go wrong with the Bears defense, and the draft is still pretty damn crucial.

So true my friend.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually very impressed with the coaching changes they made in the off season on Defense. Jared Allen talked about it a bit in his presser at Halas Hall. While yes, I am excited to see what the new guys bring to the team, I'm also excited on what the coaches may do to bring about change at the LB position in particular with the new kids, Shea included.

I totally blanked on the new coaches. Great point, NC.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete, I didn't mean to exclude you or others like Idiot and Woodie. I really enjoy the posts on this board, especially from you guys and (dare I say this?) from some Packers' and Lions' fans.

Great board all around.

I really dont care, i just saw an opportunity for a joke.

This whole site fucking rocks!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont care, i just saw an opportunity for a joke.

This whole site fucking rocks!

Yeah, well I care. I enjoy the posters on this board, and some of your have been fucking hilarious.

Gotta show live and respect to my Bear peeps.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great board all around.

Yeah, I enjoy the opposing fans who post here. Most of them are decent guys.

Some are dicks, and that's annoying. Although, that's bound to happen.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

I'm hearing ya'

Don't get me wrong, I have trepidation about the upcoming season as well. But I can't help but get excited about the efforts from the front office.

:nod: Yeah, they had a good off season so far. Hope it continues