• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope TJax is ready because the Seahawks are going to need him this year

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offensive line is going to get Russell Wilson decapitated. It isn't a question of if, it is a question of when.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has always been a possibility. Russell has been sacked more than anyone other than Tannehill since he came in the league.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things takes a toll on the body and right now the shots he's taking are going to have an affect on him. Doesn't matter if it's physically or mentally, it will. Looking towards the long run, how is this any good for him or any QB's? Do we want him to play in his 30's or 40's? He aint gonna if he continue to get hit like this.

Our 20M QB has absolutely zero protection and he's going to get kill. I agree it's just a matter of when.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he will:noidea: but he seems to know how to protect himself, so we'll see.....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 26... And hes playing at a high level right now so he probably feel like he can afford these hits. His only protection right now is his speed and elusiveness. We know all it'll take in this game is one hit.

Let see in 3-4 years how he feels about taking 4-6 sacks a game if they dont improve this line.
Maybe he will:noidea: but he seems to know how to protect himself, so we'll see.....

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any word on T-Jax? Is he on IR?? or is it day to day now?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needless to say, Wilson is getting paid like the top premier QB's, he needs to play like one... INT vs Rams in the 4thq, (2) Fumbles in the 4th quarter last night vs the Lions, Inability to put a drive together at the end of the Rams & GB game isn't going to sit well w/ fans... RW demanded top notch money... Top notch QB's will their teams to victory, regardless of the hurdles in front of them...

We need to feel like we're getting what we paid for and so far, he's been further from that expectation imo...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is built for it though... He's so low to the ground it keeps him safer... He's like a running back ... But I do agree this line HAS to protect him more

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not The Plague again.

I might shoot myself if I have to watch him play QB again. He is the epitome of mediocre.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson's done. He's even lost his jedi mind trick ability on OT coin tosses. That's usually the last skill to go.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needless to say, Wilson is getting paid like the top premier QB's, he needs to play like one... INT vs Rams in the 4thq, (2) Fumbles in the 4th quarter last night vs the Lions, Inability to put a drive together at the end of the Rams & GB game isn't going to sit well w/ fans... RW demanded top notch money... Top notch QB's will their teams to victory, regardless of the hurdles in front of them...

We need to feel like we're getting what we paid for and so far, he's been further from that expectation imo...
Sort of a strange sentiment. He's easily been our best offensive player through 4 games, completing like 70% of his passes and a rating of around 100. How many QBs could even survive this line right now? But he's the one who needs to play better?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many of those fumbles were actually on him? You pressure the QB enough, you'll eventually get to him. Also the sentiment about him willing the team to victory is ridiculous, he's done it many many times in the past so we all know he have that in him.

I hate to say this because the defense has been playing so well but they still need to protect the lead a whole lot better. Going back to the NFC Championship last year, this defense has blown 4 out of 6 4th quarter lead. The Monday night game was no exception, they almost did it again. Only game they had a comfortable lead was against the Bears.

Lastly, he has look sluggish at times but it's not just on Russell Wilson. 71.7% passing completion and a 100.5 QB Rating. That's right, his numbers are still the same if not better since he entered the league. That is decent enough in my eyes.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not The Plague again.

I might shoot myself if I have to watch him play QB again. He is the epitome of mediocre.
The Plague! Holy chit. Totally forgot that I gave him that handle back on the CBS message boards. I could sense Kagezilla seething everytime I entered 'The Plague' in a post. Stoker always came running to his rescue. Good times.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of a strange sentiment. He's easily been our best offensive player through 4 games, completing like 70% of his passes and a rating of around 100. How many QBs could even survive this line right now? But he's the one who needs to play better?

Annointed has always had a uhm... complicated view on Wilson.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Plague! Holy chit. Totally forgot that I gave him that handle back on the CBS message boards. I could sense Kagezilla seething everytime I entered 'The Plague' in a post. Stoker always came running to his rescue. Good times.

Well to be honest, I didn't think that he played that poorly, and felt "the plague" was a little unfair (especially since I think that tag was given before he'd even taken a snap for the Hawks). As far as back ups go, I think he's one of the better ones, but right now he could play his best and still not hold up with this line (I think Russel may be the only one who could handle this much pressure). In the end, Jackson gave us a decent 2011 performance that bridged between Hasselbeck and Wilson - but no one should be hoping for him to play, unless it's in a mop up situation.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In crunch time has not been playing up to his pay grade

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In crunch time has not been playing up to his pay grade
Your pretty hard on a QB who's been under assualt IMO. Those fumbles :L , but he will clean that up. Surprising that there were no interceptions from Wilson, considering the pressure applied.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, he has look sluggish at times but it's not just on Russell Wilson. 71.7% passing completion and a 100.5 QB Rating. That's right, his numbers are still the same if not better since he entered the league. That is decent enough in my eyes.

He's been playing very well between the twenties. Not saying all the blame or most of the blame is on Wilson but some of it is on him, which people don't seem to want to recognize. He is getting paid a lot of money and he's been making a lot of mistakes when the game is on the line this season... The interception vs the Rams is another example...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pretty hard on a QB who's been under assualt IMO. Those fumbles :L , but he will clean that up. Surprising that there were no interceptions from Wilson, considering the pressure applied.

The only problem I have with this is he gets all the kudos when the team does well but when the team doesn't do well mainly on offense, people don't want to point out Russell as part of the problem. It's always every other player or coach on the offense that get's blamed... As you can see by my avatar he's obviously one of my favorite players but he's far from perfect and Seahawk fans in general tend to not want to recognize that

Last edited: