• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I haven't commented on this yet but...

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a horrible feeling about Chip being the final word on personnel.

Sure, we can put a few bad picks in the "who knows who pulled the trigger" pile.

But common sense tells you, huff, hart and the history of ducks that seem to make the roster, that chip kelly may not be going after the best players, that he in fact lets his heart, not his head make the selections for this football team.

So far, kellys 1st draft looks awful. So bad, im pretty sure it was easily the worst in football.

I dont have a good feeling about this. I hope that last year was an anomaly, but seriously am I the only one worried about this?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im worried about him finding a good enough QB to make this work, rebuilding the OL & fixing a horrific secondary.

Of course the draft is huge but so far he is picking good players IMO. Not everyone can contribute right away.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't know about this draft for a couple years. Huff was hurt most of the year so he had to play catch up. I thought he was solid on Special Teams (had a run back for a TD) and played well for the most part when he was out there. I think his ceiling is much higher.

Chip knows what he needs and the good news for us is that most of the players he knows at Oregon and the Pac 12 will not be in college soon. :D

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the jury is still out on Chip as an NFL coach but he needs to be given more time. He is smart so he should adjust. The question is, will he? I think his 3rd year will tell us a lot about him as an NFL coach.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends upon who is his personnel wiz, and will he listen to him. I think he didn't listen to Howie because he knew he wan't a football guy.
All of this does surprise me because I thought that Howie was the one who fought hard to sign Kelly 2 years ago. Guess not, and that he was Lurie's choice.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip needs Chips guys to make Chips vision work....however, if Chip lickity splits in the next year or two after he brings in the guys that fit his vision....those guys may not fit the next coaches vision at all and 2-14 here we come.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we had taken Darqueze Dennard last draft. He just made a big strip for a fumble...

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is the real deal. I have no problem with him taking a few of his players either. We'll find out in May-June how good he is with personnel and probably know by then who took Smith over a CB.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we had taken Darqueze Dennard last draft. He just made a big strip for a fumble...

Yeah, surprising that Dennard and Roby both were there for the Eagles. I'm blaming Howie, not Chip. I'm sold on Chip until he proves otherwise.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a report out that Chip wanted Jordan Matthews with the first rounder, and Howie talked him out of it and took Marcus Smith.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is the real deal. I have no problem with him taking a few of his players either. We'll find out in May-June how good he is with personnel and probably know by then who took Smith over a CB.

We already know what happened. Chip wanted to draft Jordan Matthews in the first and Howie told him that was dumb because he'd be available later. So Chip grabbed a pass rusher that it was thought the team needed. Then he drafted his guy Matthews probably pressuring Howie to waste a 4th rounder and move up. Then he wasted a 3rd on a guy he liked from his college team - no not Taylor Hart like Chip wanted to do before Howie talked him out of it - but Josh Huff, who contributed a bunch of fumbles and balls bouncing off his hands this season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, surprising that Dennard and Roby both were there for the Eagles. I'm blaming Howie, not Chip. I'm sold on Chip until he proves otherwise.

Blame Chip. He though the corners were good enough and said so in his presser week after week, until he was proven completely wrong by the action on the field.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least now it will be easier to identify who should be blamed.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Chip took a lot of guys off the first round board because he deemed they were not good scheme or culture fits. They targeted six guys in the first, and when they were all gone, there was confusion about what to do. Chip wanted Jordan Matthews right there in that scenario. Instead they took Marcus Smith in what appears to have been a consensus type decision that no one was particularly excited about.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that Chip didn't want Roby, Dennard or Buchannon.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be what people are reporting. Roby, I could see due to the supposed character red flags. Not sure about the others, especially Bucannon, knowing Chip's constant erection for Pac 12 prospects. That IMO is the guy we are going to regret not taking there. We needed a safety bad and that dude can hit and cover. He would have been criticized as a reach, but no one is saying Arizona reached now, huh...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that Chip didn't want Roby, Dennard or Buchannon.

I do know that Chip did like Bucannon. Don't know about Roby or Dennard. I think that Roby got burned a bit @ OSU, and Dennard was thought to be a little slow.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know that Chip did like Bucannon. Don't know about Roby or Dennard. I think that Roby got burned a bit @ OSU, and Dennard was thought to be a little slow.
That was such bullshit and Denver knew it that was why Elway jumped all over the chance to draft Roby! Buchannon was damn good in college and everyone knew he was gonna go at the end of rd 1 beginning of rd 2. We needed a safety....sooooo we pass. Dennard didn't have elite speed but he was a solid cover guy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least now it will be easier to identify who should be blamed.

How so? If he doesn't throw a bunch of resources at the secondary after watching 16 games of that clusterfuck then can him now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, Dennard was my personal favorite, I think he would have made a fine press corner in our scheme. But Bucannon is the guy who we'll probably regret passing on most. He looks good.