• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have a feeling Baalke wants Austin

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just get the feeling the Niners are going to try to make a Dexter Carter like pick in Tavon Austin. The team is already super strong, but they want the electric return guy.

I think it would be a mistake, but I have a feeling that's what they're thinking. If they want a ST ace, just sign Leodis McKelvin.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Please no small WRs in the 1st!

I think it has to be D-line in the 1st, and safety with one of the 2nd's.

The other 2nd we can be flexible with.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trade for Percy Harvin. Is he still available?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no small WRs in the 1st!

I think it has to be D-line in the 1st, and safety with one of the 2nd's.

The other 2nd we can be flexible with.

it has to be the best we can get. although i wouldn't mind jenkins in the 1st.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel like Kaep is good enough that he can move the ball between the 20's to any receivers, what we need is a red zone target.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Austin would be great in STs but if he does grab Austin it would be mainly for offense and I think he would be used in a bunch of different ways like a Harvin or even like Cobb.

Having Austin, LMJ, and CK all in the backfield at once probably would give some defensive coordinators long nights in the film room while sipping pepto bismo through a straw.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have a feeling Baalke wants a lot of players, but he won't get most of them. :-)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i have a feeling Baalke wants a lot of players, but he won't get most of them. :-)

True, but Austin is within reach...

I hope they learned their lesson from the Dexter Carter pick. I don't want 'em to draft Austin unless he slips to the 2nd round somehow.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just no. When has Baalke ever been interested in a short WR? (Other than Chad Hall)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just no. When has Baalke ever been interested in a short WR? (Other than Chad Hall)

realized I'm overlooking Kyle Williams, but hopefully that has scared him away

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they learned their lesson from the Dexter Carter pick. I don't want 'em to draft Austin unless he slips to the 2nd round somehow.

Who? None of this regime was here for that. Might as well say hope they learned their lesson with Jamarcus Russell.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh. I only sort of know why and won't need to rehash it again but I read through this thread and immediately remembered how mad I got and still kind of am that they burned a 2nd rounder on LaMichael James. No, I wouldn't expect Tavon Austin to be used in a similar fashion to LaMichael James. I'm not going there. I do like Austin a HELL of alot more than I ever liked James as a prospect. It's just that when I read through all this I immediately got a flashback to draft day when LaMichael James' name was called. Argh!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Baalke is looking at Austin as a younger, cheaper version of Percy Harvin. Baalke is doing the math, 10 mil per for Harvin or (assuming he thinks very highly of Austin) or 1.25 mil for Austin. I REALLY like Austin and find his explosiveness to be unique.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

won't get flustered should we draft him, but in the big picture we should REALLY strengthen the D. we can no longer think of 2011, cause this D is already poised for changes. it isn't just starters, but we should strengthen back-up spots such as DE.

we've been reading about all these guys potentially leaving...Goldson, Whitner, Sopoaga, RJF, and a little bit of Rogers. Larry Grant and Haralson? we've been reading how Justin Smith is getting up there.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're taking the best available giving our draft position, but you have to figure they will be looking at the best D-line, Safety, or Corner on the draft board over a WR. I'd rather address WR through free agency than draft one early. If we draft a WR I'd like to get Da'rick Rogers out of Tennessee with a 3rd or even 4th round pick. Character concerns will cause him to probably go in one of those rounds at the earliest. You also have to factor in he missed an entire year of football, but I think he is worth a gamble with a mid-round pick for a team with 15 draft picks. He has the talent of a 1st round WR if he has his act together.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who? None of this regime was here for that. Might as well say hope they learned their lesson with Jamarcus Russell.

You have a point there.

I wouldn't get flustered if they dafted him either, but leaving some certain players on the board would really piss me off.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're taking the best available giving our draft position, but you have to figure they will be looking at the best D-line, Safety, or Corner on the draft board over a WR. I'd rather address WR through free agency than draft one early. If we draft a WR I'd like to get Da'rick Rogers out of Tennessee with a 3rd or even 4th round pick. Character concerns will cause him to probably go in one of those rounds at the earliest. You also have to factor in he missed an entire year of football, but I think he is worth a gamble with a mid-round pick for a team with 15 draft picks. He has the talent of a 1st round WR if he has his act together.

He didn't miss a year, he transferred to some small school, name slips my mind at the moment. Rodgers is good but I don't think great. He's a bit Crabtacular.