• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have a feeling Baalke wants Austin

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey Man! I just bumped up the other thread for your insights but saw this and became interested in why you would want to draft a QB in the first if "we already have enough offense now, even without adding anyone else."

I mean, if we already have enough offensive talent then why would we waste a DP adding more? I'm sure you can see what draws me to your expertise in the area of draft strategy.

Thanks

Bem, I'm going to save you the trouble. Deep will never, ever, ever, ever, ever answer your questions. He won't even tell you he's not going to answer them. He's simply going to ignore every post directed towards him on the topic. He's been doing it to crimson and I for years.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bem, I'm going to save you the trouble. Deep will never, ever, ever, ever, ever answer your questions. He won't even tell you he's not going to answer them. He's simply going to ignore every post directed towards him on the topic. He's been doing it to crimson and I for years.

Thanks for the heads-up 'mac - Then I'll save myself the time and just assume he doesn't know what he's talking about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One of the biggest reasons I don't want the Niners to draft a WR in the first round (again) and why I especially don't want 'em to trade up for one is that next year's draft class has at least 2 WRs who are better than anyone in this draft class by a decent margin IMO. Top WRs can usually play 10+ years. I don't want the team to go into a 10-year marriage with an inferior WR when they can just wait a year to trade up & get a guy who's going to be a much bigger pain in the ass for D-coordinators for 10 years.

That and WRs who are slotted to go in rounds 2 or 3 look like they could be just as good players in the NFL (if not better). I'm talking Swope, Dobson, Rogers, Stills to a lesser extent. Even Hunter might go in the 2nd round (probably not though).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Man! I just bumped up the other thread for your insights but saw this and became interested in why you would want to draft a QB in the first if "we already have enough offense now, even without adding anyone else."

I mean, if we already have enough offensive talent then why would we waste a DP adding more? I'm sure you can see what draws me to your expertise in the area of draft strategy.

Thanks

this was said in a worse case scenario we don't add anyone on offense. this doesn't mean don't draft any offensive players.

this was also said because i prefer to lean defense this draft, not only defense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this is a flat out lie.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the heads-up 'mac - Then I'll save myself the time and just assume he doesn't know what he's talking about.

you can assume anything you want, but remember your opinion doesn't mean you're right, it only means it is your opinion.

you can have arrogance and look down on others, but doesn't meant you're right. please pass this along to Imac, thanks.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why draft tavon for ST in the first when you get get ace Saunders later in the draft?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
btw - do realize at this point its almost certain we'll "lean defense".

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he wants Patterson. :hope:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just know that they are very interested in getting more talent out of the WR position. Somewhere within our first 3 picks, I think we will add a WR.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want Baalke to get too cute. I think there's a tendency if you have a lot of draft picks to think you can gamble, or take the diminutive receiver, or take the talented special teams player, and before you know it, all your draft capital is squandered. I would just prefer them to get the best safety, and dlinemen with 31 and 34.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Austin or Kenny V in the 1st rnd, either one is a slam dunk. Austin has the skills and speed to be dangerous in the slot and as a KR/PR. And Kenny V is the best saftey in the draft. I love how people on here are questioning Baalke as he has turned this franchise around bc of his great draft picks

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin - WR - Mountaineers

West Virginia slot WR Tavon Austin is "generating top-10 buzz," according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora.

"Austin might be there at 12, but teams are considering moving up to land him, and he is in play with the Jets picking ninth, as well," La Canfora writes. We buy it, since Austin's style could help any type of offense and he is potentially the lone offensive playmaker worth trading up for.
Source: CBS Sports

Apr 18 - 10:07 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NFL Network's Charley Casserly believes WVU WR Tavon Austin's biggest impact will be on special teams.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 18 - 10:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin's ability to cut without losing momentum is impressive.

West Virginia WR/RS Tavon Austin
Austin's combination of speed and agility is as good as any player I've ever evaluated. His suddenness is unparalleled in the college game, and is in the same category as NFL playmakers like Percy Harvin and DeSean Jackson.

He transitions upfield instantly after the catch, has great peripheral vision and accelerates to top speed in a flash. Austin is also able to maintain top speed though cuts, which makes him even more dangerous after the catch.

All of that allows him to consistently make defenders look silly in space, and once Austin is in the clear he has an extra gear to outrun pursuit. He almost always takes it the distance when he catches daylight.

And in addition to his production as a receiver (288 catches, 3,413 yards, 29 TD), Austin also rushed for more than 1,000 yards in his career, averaged 27.7 yards per kickoff return and 12.7 yards per punt return, and scored four combined return touchdowns.

There are some concerns about Austin's pint-sized frame, but he never missed a single practice in his four years in Morgantown and his rare physical gifts will make him a first-round pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin scored a seven on the Wonderlic, according to Packers beat writer Bob McGinn.

The number is low, but "the majority of scouts expect (Austin) to learn a playbook without a major hitch," McGinn writes. "He's not a quick study and it will take him a little time," one personnel director said. "He will work at it. He cares greatly about it." We doubt this affects his evaluation.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Apr 18 - 11:17 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at that. Patterson bested him yet he's tumbling.