• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hate To Say This, But My Knicks Should Trade Melo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had them plenty of times. They are very good, but babybacks are better.
That reminds me, they have a special going on at Sizzlers, for 12.99 you get three racks of ribs, steak and potato. It's a great deal, but I have acid reflux and usually can't eat all of it if I want to sleep all night. If I enjoy suffering, then naturally I will eat them. Personally I loved the St Luis Ribs down at a place called Hoff's Hut. They were really good

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me, they have a special going on at Sizzlers, for 12.99 you get three racks of ribs, steak and potato. It's a great deal, but I have acid reflux and usually can't eat all of it if I want to sleep all night. If I enjoy suffering, then naturally I will eat them. Personally I loved the St Luis Ribs down at a place called Hoff's Hut. They were really good

Pretty much can't got wrong with ribs as long as they are cooked right. Haven't been to or seen a Hof's Hut in a long time. They still around?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, and i agree with this, however, enough is enough. athletes today , most of them have taken advantage, discipline MUST be brought back. coaches must take the game back or all major sports will suffer in future, thats a fact!.... Rose's disappearing act must NEVER be tolerated!

That is easy to say, but the NBA contract structure does not allow it to be true. In the NFL coaches still have power because 1 star cannot win by himself and contracts are not guaranteed.

In the NBA, the opposite is true. Star players are far more valuable than even the best coaches. The coach never wins a power struggle with a star player, and that is not changing anytime soon.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much can't got wrong with ribs as long as they are cooked right. Haven't been to or seen a Hof's Hut in a long time. They still around?
There was one down in Buena Park close to Knotts Berry Farm, but changed hands and a different restaurant there now, but yeah, they still exist. I have a friend who's been to one of the others and she loves them. You really can't go wrong on the ribs and they are good, but if you're old and have a bit of acid reflux from to many years of spicy food, pepper and crap, be warned and don't eat them late at night. Take it from some one who already had to sleep sitting up for half the night

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks Offered Carmelo Anthony For Kevin Love, The Cavs Laughed

raw

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches in pro sports just do not have as much impact as you think.

The best of the best certainly do, and bad coaches can make their team worse. The vast majority fall in the middle of the bell curve and have little real impact.

Coach talent matters far more in high school and college.

Also -- coaches must match the talent and what the franchise is trying to do. D'Antoni was bad in NY (Melo) ... terrible in LA (Kobe!) ... now looks like a great coach. (will get his 2nd COY probably)

On a side note, I just looked at list of recent NBA COYs -- had forgotten that Byron Scott won it when he was in NO. Mike Brown & Scott Brooks & Sam Mitchell & Mike Dunleavy have all won one.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is easy to say, but the NBA contract structure does not allow it to be true. In the NFL coaches still have power because 1 star cannot win by himself and contracts are not guaranteed.

In the NBA, the opposite is true. Star players are far more valuable than even the best coaches. The coach never wins a power struggle with a star player, and that is not changing anytime soon.

what!!!!! the owners have the power in all major sports, if the CORPORATIONS were not the biggest ticket holders in big market cities like NY, ROSE would have been gone, real fans would NOT put up with that schitt!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what!!!!! the owners have the power in all major sports, if the CORPORATIONS were not the biggest ticket holders in big market cities like NY, ROSE would have been gone, real fans would NOT put up with that schitt!

Ok, but coaches have very little.

Because owners know that even the best coaches (Rick Carlisle for example) cannot win without star players.

Like I have said all along, your wrath should be directed at Dolan and Jackson. I promise you that Hornacek was not the one to make the call not to discipline Rose.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen dumschitt, when you have a roster of all stars, making tons of money, you're dam right they better win it all! CLEARLY, you cannot see when you don't have the right coach, you have nothing! for example, look at the n y rangers, for the last 3 to 5 years they have been a contender, Y u ask you knucklehead, because they have talented players and 1 of the best coaches in hockey... what is it that you don't understand?
The Knicks don't have a roster of All Stars though. They are stuck with Carmelo, a few mediocre players and Porzingas. I say ditch the rest and rebuild around him.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but coaches have very little.

Because owners know that even the best coaches (Rick Carlisle for example) cannot win without star players.

Like I have said all along, your wrath should be directed at Dolan and Jackson. I promise you that Hornacek was not the one to make the call not to discipline Rose.

absolutely its on dolan, however hornysuk is NOT an NBA coach, him & girardi of the yankees should be coaching little league ball...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks don't have a roster of All Stars though. They are stuck with Carmelo, a few mediocre players and Porzingas. I say ditch the rest and rebuild around him.

'they don't have a roster of all stars. Their starting 5 , all have been an all star at one point have they not? exc of KP, who will be, BUT, any one of the players picked up, any given year could put up #'s to be an all star.

Are they all elite players NO! should they be 5 games under .500 HELL NO!

DITCH DOLAN!!!!

fire hornysuk

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'they don't have a roster of all stars. Their starting 5 , all have been an all star at one point have they not? exc of KP, who will be, BUT, any one of the players picked up, any given year could put up #'s to be an all star.

Are they all elite players NO! should they be 5 games under .500 HELL NO!

DITCH DOLAN!!!!

fire hornysuk
I hope you're not calling Dereck Rose an all star - He's too beat up for that. Carmelo Anthony is a selfish player that does not make anyone better. Courtney Lee isn't that great - Barely 10 ppg and 3 rpg and an assist now and then. Noah is an aging player and is crap. None of those players except Porzingis are good enough to play in the all star game.

Porzingis is a rising star and the only one really worth keeping but you can't win games without something better in fact Carmelo is the best the Knicks has besides Porzingis and that isn't saying much.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, Kobe has scored more points in many games then all of the Knicks players combined - lol and sadly enough more than the Lakers did in Dallas last week:L

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're not calling Dereck Rose an all star - He's too beat up for that. Carmelo Anthony is a selfish player that does not make anyone better. Courtney Lee isn't that great - Barely 10 ppg and 3 rpg and an assist now and then. Noah is an aging player and is crap. None of those players except Porzingis are good enough to play in the all star game.

Porzingis is a rising star and the only one really worth keeping but you can't win games without something better in fact Carmelo is the best the Knicks has besides Porzingis and that isn't saying much.

You put DR's mama or gram mama in charge you better believe that kid would be an all star, prob. top ballot MVP!!!... these kids need tough love!!!

as far as KP, he stays a knick, with the way this franchise is handled, he will be left behind!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put DR's mama or gram mama in charge you better believe that kid would be an all star, prob. top ballot MVP!!!... these kids need tough love!!!

as far as KP, he stays a knick, with the way this franchise is handled, he will be left behind!!!

Oh please, Kobe could come back from retirement and still last longer on the court than Derick Rose. His body just isn't healthy enough - he gets injured at the drop of the hat. That's the reason Chicago traded him and here is what the Entire Chicago Bulls organization did after they traded Rose:hammer:and they :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, Kobe could come back from retirement and still last longer on the court than Derick Rose. His body just isn't healthy enough - he gets injured at the drop of the hat. That's the reason Chicago traded him and here is what the Entire Chicago Bulls organization did after they traded Rose:hammer:and they :pound::pound::pound::pound:

well lets see, i think you're about as right about rose as you were about trump! oh wait, no offense, but clearly you don't like either 1 personally, and both will prove you 2 b wrong, 1 has already.... rose is still a stud, a putz, but a stud

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets see, i think you're about as right about rose as you were about trump! oh wait, no offense, but clearly you don't like either 1 personally, and both will prove you 2 b wrong, 1 has already.... rose is still a stud, a putz, but a stud
Find me some one in here besides yourself that believes Rose is a stud. Tell you what - I will agree it @trojanfan12 agrees with you that Dereck Rose is a stud.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I like Dereck Rose with the Knicks better than the Lakers although I am beginning to have some concern about D'angelo Russell being injury prone, but if and Carmelo were good enough, they should be winning and in the playoffs with Porzingis as a third option and they are out of in a really weak conference.