• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hate To Say This, But My Knicks Should Trade Melo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil hasn't been very good but he is not at the Isaiah level of atrocity. That is an elite level of terrible. Very few people reach that level of horrible.

So what you're saying is that Isaiah is the GOAT and Phil's gonna have to step his game up (or down?) if he wants to reach that level?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that Isaiah is the GOAT and Phil's gonna have to step his game up (or down?) if he wants to reach that level?

Oh yeah. Definitely. Isaiah didn't just destroy the Knicks. He brought down an entire basketball team and screwed up 3 different teams. Although his destruction of the Knicks was the most complete.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drafted Porzingis, which was definitely a good call. But then he paid Melo way too much and then doubled down on that by overpaying what's left of the guys who used to be Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah.

I completely agree. I can list a few other GMs which have done the same even recently. But these other GMs have had 5 even 10 years to get their shit together and still make these type of decisions. I just think he deserves a few more years. At some point the GM must go. I think many GMs are out of touch

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. Definitely. Isaiah didn't just destroy the Knicks. He brought down an entire basketball team and screwed up 3 different teams. Although his destruction of the Knicks was the most complete.

I remember too well this same issue with Rick Pitino. Traded aways picks and players for 25 cents on the dollar. And the recovery took new ownership to clean up the lunacy

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drafted Porzingis, which was definitely a good call. But then he paid Melo way too much and then doubled down on that by overpaying what's left of the guys who used to be Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah.

Plus, he's still trying to cram the triangle down the throats of a coach and players who clearly don't want to run it and don't know how to if they did want to run it.

Principles of the triangle are fine. But it's too outdated to be your entire offensive system and he's the only one who doesn't see it.
He would have been better off letting Carmelo walk or trading him as an expiring contract and then tanked the season for a first round draft pick. Even now he would be better off tanking for a first round. If he were to get a top five or even top ten, he would have some one to play with Porzingis and on the way to developing a good team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, what made him a great coach was having great talent. Maybe the Zen Master played a part to start, but his media games were well past due. Coach a team with the best player in the league and another in the top 5 was a solid system.

Look,

Nobody else won rings with either Jordan or Kobe. Neither player was easy to coach. Also, no other coach was able to handle Dennis Rodman after he lost his mind.

Coaching talent isn't easy, and Kobe and MJ were not exactly selfless team first players. They were great, but Phil made them better and not because of Xs and Os. He got each man to buy in to playing team basketball. Some teams are easy to coach, but trust me that the Lakers and Bulls were not.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what meatheads!!!!!!! these players that the knicks picked up this off season, there wasn't 1 real knicks fan that was disappointed, not 1! word around town was we have instantly become a contender, call it what you want, but thats what happens to a fan base when its a win right away market! its unfortunate that we can't get a coach that can get the players to buy in.. and F that triangle schitt, if it don't work, fack it! common sense tells you if it takes 2 to 3 years for it to work, and players don't stay here long enough to succeed, why stay with it, WHY ? because we have a celebrity GM here, who is now an idiot, where dolan's been one all along!!!!! F this, don't get me started. INEXCUSABaskeBALL!!!!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what meatheads!!!!!!! these players that the knicks picked up this off season, there wasn't 1 real knicks fan that was disappointed, not 1! word around town was we have instantly become a contender, call it what you want, but thats what happens to a fan base when its a win right away market! its unfortunate that we can't get a coach that can get the players to buy in.. and F that triangle schitt, if it don't work, fack it! common sense tells you if it takes 2 to 3 years for it to work, and players don't stay here long enough to succeed, why stay with it, WHY ? because we have a celebrity GM here, who is now an idiot, where dolan's been one all along!!!!! F this, don't get me started. INEXCUSABaskeBALL!!!!!!!

Anyone who thought the Knicks were a legit contender was being a homer.

The debate on here was whether or not they would make the playoffs. The most common response was that they would be in the 5-8 range if they could stay relatively healthy.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You left out some facts. He ruined an entire league (CBA -- bought the league ... then led it to bankruptcy) ... and also some sexual harassment along the way.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The debate on here was whether or not they would make the playoffs. The most common response was that they would be in the 5-8 range if they could stay relatively healthy.

dude, if you think this team and how its managed is making it to the PS, you are completely lost!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beat me to it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy to
Beat me to it.

just foolish, easy to say now!!! there wasn't one player the knicks picked up, that any fan would not have wanted to add to their team if that position was open, this is just dumb!

hornysuk has no clue how to manage this team, because its not his team to do so, its phils!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy to

just foolish, easy to say now!!! there wasn't one player the knicks picked up, that any fan would not have wanted to add to their team if that position was open, this is just dumb!

hornysuk has no clue how to manage this team, because its not his team to do so, its phils!

Yea.......I actually wasn't impressed. That's the beauty about forums, you can go back months ago and look up old posts of other posters. I didn't think the Knicks would do shit, and I was right.

The trade for Rose was a gamble, he was on an expiring contract. You see if he could revert back to 2010 Rose, which was doubtful. But you don't lose anything in the process. The Noah signing was dumb and everyone knew it on this forum.

So you can go ahead and quit with that I didn't think it would be bad nonsense. Because I knew it would be.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, a heat fan who would think/say the knicks would be a good team, lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, a heat fan who would think/say the knicks would be a good team, lol

Oh, look a Kincks fan talking out of their crater-sized pastrami-filled pookyak. Can't say I didn't see that coming. Not surprising that your response is nebulous and vacuaous. Because you have dick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, getting them at this point in their careers was dumb. No one on these boards was wanting Rose or Noah on their team because they are both broken.

Rose is chronically injured and has never made it back anywhere close to the player he was when he won the MVP. As @Heatles84 pointed out, at least there's no real loss since he's on an expiring contract. If he played like he used to, then you've got something. If not, you cut him loose or see if you can get something for him from another team that's looking to pick up an expiring contract.

I'm probably the biggest Noah fanboy on these boards and even I didn't want him on the Lakers because he has nothing left. That signing was just stupid.

People were saying 2-3 years ago that Thibs was overusing his starters and we are seeing the end results now. Unfortunately for Knicks fans, we're seeing it in New York instead of Chicago.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, look a Kincks fan talking out of their crater-sized pastrami-filled pookyak. Can't say I didn't see that coming. Not surprising that your response is nebulous and vacuaous. Because you have dick.

we knick fans eat f n hot dogs u sun soaked sacoriliac

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh are you kidding guys?

Everybody wanted Rose and Noah on their team.

Didn't you know?

Spurs fans were lining up petitions to Pop to make sure and get Rose and Noah because those guys were the missing pieces to us beating Golden State.

Or something.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, getting them at this point in their careers was dumb. No one on these boards was wanting Rose or Noah on their team because they are both broken.

Rose is chronically injured and has never made it back anywhere close to the player he was when he won the MVP.

I'm probably the biggest Noah fanboy on these boards and even I didn't want him on the Lakers because he has nothing left.

People were saying 2-3 years ago that Thibs was overusing his starters and we are seeing the end results now. Unfortunately for Knicks fans, we're seeing it in New York instead of Chicago.

ease up Cleo, Rose cannot be stopped. Noah has no idea where he should be on the court. KP , great talent has no boundry, no mentor. melo is an immature star player, Lee has no clue, runs the court like a chicken with no head, jennings is as close to being reetarted. holiday needs to eat a couple of happy meals a day. only player who plays within himself is o'quinn.