• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Feel Bad For The Cardinals

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely deserve a playoff spot over any NFC north team that makes it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too, but that's how it goes.

Last year this team finished 10-6, and likely deserved a playoff spot more than one or two teams.

Two years ago, the NFC East was in the same situation. With Dallas and the Giants at 8-7 heading into the final week. Dallas had lost 3 of 4. The Giants had lost 5 of 6, they looked terrible. Their fans were just like ours; "Even if we beat Dallas, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. We'll get embarrassed. No one deserves to come out of this division." That's all you heard on those boards.

Then what happens? Boom. A good showing in the win or go home game, and they gain confidence. Next thing you know, they're knocking off the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I'm by NOOOOOO MEANS saying we can or will do that. I'm just saying, that this league isn't fair. And the Bears have been on the wrong side of that many times in recent history. I make no apologies for us winning this division. Fuck it, let's see what happens. If anything, it'll be fun.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life's not fair. No feeling bad for the Cards. They should've been this hot earlier in the season rather than later.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, life isn't fair... but as a Cardinal fan, we know the rules, and it is what it is...

If the Cardinals beat the 49'ers and don't get in, as a Cardinal fan, I'll be consoled with the fact that they Cardinals "body of work", is more impressive than most teams in the NFL....

They would have gotten victories over...

Seattle (In Seattle none the less), San Francisco, Carolina... Indianapolis... (All Playoff teams)

Not many teams can say that at this point...

The NFC West was just brutal this year, but playoffs are not, the Cardinals future is pretty bright...

It just is what it is....

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too, but that's how it goes.

Last year this team finished 10-6, and likely deserved a playoff spot more than one or two teams.

Two years ago, the NFC East was in the same situation. With Dallas and the Giants at 8-7 heading into the final week. Dallas had lost 3 of 4. The Giants had lost 5 of 6, they looked terrible. Their fans were just like ours; "Even if we beat Dallas, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. We'll get embarrassed. No one deserves to come out of this division." That's all you heard on those boards.

Then what happens? Boom. A good showing in the win or go home game, and they gain confidence. Next thing you know, they're knocking off the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I'm by NOOOOOO MEANS saying we can or will do that. I'm just saying, that this league isn't fair. And the Bears have been on the wrong side of that many times in recent history. I make no apologies for us winning this division. Fuck it, let's see what happens. If anything, it'll be fun.

Who exactly did you deserve to get in the playoffs over?? You faded the entire second half of the season. The Bears didn't "deserve" anything last year other than what happened.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I can see the NFL having two more first week playoff games, no bye weeks. 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 is another few million profit to the teams. Half the teams get in. Until they start seeding teams with a less than .500 record, its not too many games.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I can see the NFL having two more first week playoff games, no bye weeks. 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 is another few million profit to the teams. Half the teams get in. Until they start seeding teams with a less than .500 record, its not too many games.

That would be awful. The current system is by far the best of any major sport at either the college or professional level. That would make it one of the worst.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly did you deserve to get in the playoffs over?? You faded the entire second half of the season. The Bears didn't "deserve" anything last year other than what happened.

Fair enough. Though, you're kind of missing the point. Last years Bears are rather irrelevant, the point I'm making is that there's always a team or two that in a perfect world, should get a playoff berth and doesn't. 10 wins would have gotten the Bears in most other years, and didn't. I think it's something like 70 plus percent of the time, 10 win teams get in.

The year before the NFC East was a joke down the stretch. Neither fan base really thought either stood a chance in the playoffs, and then the Giants won the SB. I do feel bad for the Cards, but in the end... tough shit. That's how it goes. There's still a chance that the NFC North winner can advance with a home playoff game, and then who knows? It'd be fun to see either team shut up the critics.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awful. The current system is by far the best of any major sport at either the college or professional level. That would make it one of the worst.

Agreed. Just would water down this league even more. I don't want to see a team like Seattle this year, hosting an 8-8 football team.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle could easily end up on the road still.