• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dont understand all the Seahawk love

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I have said and the you learn from the past to build a better future. And if you wanna live in the present that goes right back to my point presently the Seahawks have a very good team but I wouldnt say Super Bowl winning team so again why is everyone picking them.

Please enlighten everyone about why Seattle isn't a potential Superbowl winning team. Is it because they haven't won one before?

I'd love to see your list of teams that are Superbowl winning teams and why.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like 42-13? It was one game but your fan base hangs their hat on a single, lopsided victory.

It wasn't a Super Bowl and look who made it further. We both ended up losers but for Seahawk fans to pretend history is insignificant is laughable.

Win a fucking ring and then you'll sing a different tune.
History, as in bragging about the Super Bowl trophies your team won before you were born, is insignificant. It has nothing to do with the here and now. The December 23rd game where SF was absolutely embarrassed on national tv is significant when talking about SEA vs SF because it is the most recent game between the two teams, and the only one featuring both current QBs. It is the best piece of actual evidence to use when debating the merits of those teams facing each other.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like 42-13? It was one game but your fan base hangs their hat on a single, lopsided victory.

It wasn't a Super Bowl and look who made it further. We both ended up losers but for Seahawk fans to pretend history is insignificant is laughable.

Win a fucking ring and then you'll sing a different tune.

It is insignificant. Seriously, how is SF's old SBs going to give them an edge that Seattle doesn't have this year?

If you want to talk about winning the division last year or winning the NFC last year, then fine but since your current team has not won a SB there is no relevance in bringing up old ones at all when discussing your CURRENT team.

If Giants fans, Packer fans, or Ravens fans want to say that their recent SBs prove that they can get it done, fine that mankes a lot of sense. Their current coaches, QBs, players and front offiices have proven that they know how to find that edge. Cowboys old SBs wont help them this year, just like SF's, Miami's and Oakland's.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History, as in bragging about the Super Bowl trophies your team won before you were born, is insignificant. It has nothing to do with the here and now. The December 23rd game where SF was absolutely embarrassed on national tv is significant when talking about SEA vs SF because it is the most recent game between the two teams, and the only one featuring both current QBs. It is the best piece of actual evidence to use when debating the merits of those teams facing each other.

And it was a good game for Seahawk fans. It was still one game and not an indicator of who is the superior team. The Lakers got blown out by the Celtics in the NBA championship and came back to win the series. The Magic/Bird matches of old.

One game doesn't make a season and certainly doesn't decide who is better, ultimately.

Win a Super Bowl and then you have bragging rights and something to admonish foes about.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please enlighten everyone about why Seattle isn't a potential Superbowl winning team. Is it because they haven't won one before?

Well, the Jets and Chiefs have won a SBs before... They have the inside track in 2013.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is insignificant. Seriously, how is SF's old SBs going to give them an edge that Seattle doesn't have this year?

If you want to talk about winning the division last year or winning the NFC last year, then fine but since your current team has not won a SB there is no relevance in bringing up old ones at all when discussing your CURRENT team.

If Giants fans, Packer fans, or Ravens fans want to say that their recent SBs prove that they can get it done, fine that mankes a lot of sense. Their current coaches, QBs, players and front offiices have proven that they know how to find that edge. Cowboys old SBs wont help them this year, just like SF's, Miami's and Oakland's.

The 49ers made the Super Bowl and could've won it. That's the most recent thing I know about.

If you want to focus on a regular season win and make that somehow important, be my guest.

It didn't affect the playoffs and who made the Super Bowl.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers made the Super Bowl and could've won it. That's the most recent thing I know about.

If you want to focus on a regular season win and make that somehow important, be my guest.

It didn't affect the playoffs and who made the Super Bowl.

I'm not even talking about that game, dont know why you keep bringing it up as if I am... Though it is more relevant than Walsh/Montana SBs.

The niners proved they can win the NFCW and the NFC, they have not proven that they can win a SB. And should not pretend that they now have that platform simply because they "could've" won it.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed that the media is still on the Seattle bandwagon BUT if the seahawks don't make it to the superbowl this year, they will turn on you. You'll be a great team that just can't get it done.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed that the media is still on the Seattle bandwagon BUT if the seahawks don't make it to the superbowl this year, they will turn on you. You'll be a great team that just can't get it done.

Meh, rather be that than just a shitty team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these people predicting them have no allegiance to the Seahawks. They are just being put on the spot to make a pick and they're making one as individuals. There is no media conspiracy to talk about the Seahawks, they're just a talented and exciting team that people enjoy watching.

This phony outrage over which team people are picking is ridiculous. Just make your own pick and move on. If you dont like the Seahawks, nobody will make you bet on them.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not saying they cant obviously they could potentially but I believe the Falcons and Broncos and Possible the 49ers have better teams and are certainly better coached. My argument is that what have they added or done to think now they will be able to beat the already Elite teams of the NFC. to make it to the SB or even win one. To me nothing if Im making a bet I certainly wouldnt start with the Seahawks.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other Seahawk poster is pretty much only live here and now. that all history is irrelevant. Which isnt the case your right to use Super Bowls won as a way to measure the current team doesnt make since. But it is a good way the judge the Organization as a whole.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other Seahawk poster is pretty much only live here and now. that all history is irrelevant. Which isnt the case your right to use Super Bowls won as a way to measure the current team doesnt make since. But it is a good way the judge the Organization as a whole.

Sometimes..... like in the cases of the Giants or Steelers because the ownership group is the same.

In other cases, like Miami, there have been so many changes since the hey-day that there is no relation between past success and current potential.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying they cant obviously they could potentially but I believe the Falcons and Broncos and Possible the 49ers have better teams and are certainly better coached. My argument is that what have they added or done to think now they will be able to beat the already Elite teams of the NFC. to make it to the SB or even win one. To me nothing if Im making a bet I certainly wouldnt start with the Seahawks.

I'm not going to defend Carroll as a coach throughout his entire career. But his tenure in Seattle has been impressive. Some will just point to the two 7-9 years and say that he still sucks, but even going 7-9 in those years with those rosters is somewhat impressive. You know as a fan of a team that has been torn down and attempted to be built up multiple times that it does not always work, most of the time it doesn't. Carroll took over a shit roster, I mean there was hardly anyone on that team that is still around, even as a 3rd stringer on other shitty teams. They were bad. Now turn to the current squad, undeniably top-5 talent. And they didn't do with top draft picks, they did it with guys that other teams passed on, but Carroll found a role for and in some cases, turned in to a star, that's a damn fine coaching job and something that most teams wished that they had. Carroll's story is not over yet, the Seahawks year will be his definitive tenure in the NFL.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes..... like in the cases of the Giants or Steelers because the ownership group is the same.

In other cases, like Miami, there have been so many changes since the hey-day that there is no relation between past success and current potential.

True but even if there is a new owner if the GM and coach has had success chances are unless your Jerry Jones your probably not cleaning house.

For example lets say Kraft died or sold the team chances are the new owner would not clean house and Belicheck and Co. would still be in charge and thus when they move on would help pick the people who replaces them.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally, one shouldn't give a shit what the media predicts about the team they root for as it is nothing but meaningless drivel

that said however, Mike Greenberg picked the Hawks to win it all this year

talk about the kiss of death :yahoo:

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is clearly a young talented team, more so on defense. I still have to see them play very well outside their dome against a good team before I totally buy into "Seahawk Mania". I think they should be in the conversation of SB contenders, no doubt. But the way I look at it is that there are 10 teams that have no chance of win the SB this year, 14 that have very little chance and around a group of 8 that the winner will probably produce the winner. I would put Seattle in that 8 but that is about it.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to defend Carroll as a coach throughout his entire career. But his tenure in Seattle has been impressive. Some will just point to the two 7-9 years and say that he still sucks, but even going 7-9 in those years with those rosters is somewhat impressive. You know as a fan of a team that has been torn down and attempted to be built up multiple times that it does not always work, most of the time it doesn't. Carroll took over a shit roster, I mean there was hardly anyone on that team that is still around, even as a 3rd stringer on other shitty teams. They were bad. Now turn to the current squad, undeniably top-5 talent. And they didn't do with top draft picks, they did it with guys that other teams passed on, but Carroll found a role for and in some cases, turned in to a star, that's a damn fine coaching job and something that most teams wished that they had. Carroll's story is not over yet, the Seahawks year will be his definitive tenure in the NFL.

Well Ill admit im no fan of Pete Carroll but I think eventually his Rah Rah go get him team bit will get old and player will tune him out. That being said they did a good job of redoing the roster. It was a combination of good trades and good FA signings. Also they scored from top to bottom in the draft as well so It helps rebuild a roster if most of your picks are working out. I guess we will see they could end up being the best team in the league and then Ill admit my mistake, but as of today I dont see them winning the Super Bowl this year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ill admit im no fan of Pete Carroll but I think eventually his Rah Rah go get him team bit will get old and player will tune him out. That being said they did a good job of redoing the roster. It was a combination of good trades and good FA signings. Also they scored from top to bottom in the draft as well so It helps rebuild a roster if most of your picks are working out. I guess we will see they could end up being the best team in the league and then Ill admit my mistake, but as of today I dont see them winning the Super Bowl this year.

I used to agree that his style would wear thin. But these guys love him, and it's because he has given the opportunity to them that nobody else would. If they can prove that they are better than the other guys in practice, they will start. They buy in to that. Most of these guys were found under rocks, they're not going to turn on a guy that built a contender using guys like themselves.

The trades, FA signings and drafts, while great in their own way, mean nothing without finding roles and developing the players.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to say that part of my prejudice against Seattle is a complete disdain all pats fans feel about him due to his tenure as the Pats head coach. I will have to admit I can't find any real fault with his performance in Seattle. Its kind of interesting, the pats have had 2 losing seasons in the last 19 years under 3 head coaches. Two of those 3 had one of those losing seasons each and Carroll wasn't one of them.