• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dont understand all the Seahawk love

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to agree that his style would wear thin. But these guys love him, and it's because he has given the opportunity to them that nobody else would. If they can prove that they are better than the other guys in practice, they will start. They buy in to that. Most of these guys were found under rocks, they're not going to turn on a guy that built a contender using guys like themselves.

The trades, FA signings and drafts, while great in their own way, mean nothing without finding roles and developing the players.

Ill agree to a certain extent Chandler Sherman and Bowman were found "under rocks" you generally dont find 3-4 of your starting secondary in the second half of the draft. You also have a lot of highly touted guys too. I mean you fleeced the Bills for Lynch. Clemons was a known commodity as well. Rice Avril and Miller were Big FA signings and Okung Wagner and Irvin were high draft picks. So the team is built like its suppose to be built.

Also as an individual I dont think that anyone is really that dominating but as a group they succeed.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even talking about that game, dont know why you keep bringing it up as if I am... Though it is more relevant than Walsh/Montana SBs.

The niners proved they can win the NFCW and the NFC, they have not proven that they can win a SB. And should not pretend that they now have that platform simply because they "could've" won it.

I think you would agree the should've won it...at least if you are impartial.

We will see what happens this year. I don't in anyway disrespect the Hawks and think they're an elite team.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I dont get the Indy love either. I think they were very lucky last year and will probably have a losing record this year.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you would agree the should've won it...at least if you are impartial.

We will see what happens this year. I don't in anyway disrespect the Hawks and think they're an elite team.
Are you talking about the 9ers in the SB?!

If so, are you high out of your mind? What did they do to show they "should" have won that game? Was it the complete shitting of the bed in the first half? No, they shouldn't have won that game and that is shown by the fact that they didn't.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree to a certain extent Chandler Sherman and Bowman were found "under rocks" you generally dont find 3-4 of your starting secondary in the second half of the draft. You also have a lot of highly touted guys too. I mean you fleeced the Bills for Lynch. Clemons was a known commodity as well. Rice Avril and Miller were Big FA signings and Okung Wagner and Irvin were high draft picks. So the team is built like its suppose to be built.

Also as an individual I dont think that anyone is really that dominating but as a group they succeed.

Perhaps you don't think the Seahawks are as good as advertised because you think Tim Chandler and Dave Bowman are on the roster. Does it change your mind to know Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin are actually playing for them?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you don't think the Seahawks are as good as advertised because you think Tim Chandler and Dave Bowman are on the roster. Does it change your mind to know Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin are actually playing for them?

Sorry Chancellor the SS I have not memorized all the names and your other corner Browner I thought he was your other starter opposite Sherman.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about the 9ers in the SB?!

If so, are you high out of your mind? What did they do to show they "should" have won that game? Was it the complete shitting of the bed in the first half? No, they shouldn't have won that game and that is shown by the fact that they didn't.

and yet somehow just about every seahawk fan I have heard brags about Wilson's losing effort in Atlanta and says they "should have won". But did the seahawks score a single point until well into the third quarter? No

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans (driven by the media) are setting themselves up for disappointment.

They had a lot of luck on their side last year. This is demonstrated by mainly the Packers game, but also help by defensive breakdowns at the end of games they were outplayed most of the game by the Bears and Patriots. Now they certainly earned those 2 wins because they played well in the crunch, but at the same time, the Bears and Patriots certainly choked as well.

One thing that I believe drove the hype last year was the blowouts at the end of the year vs some bad teams, ie the Cardinals and Bills. Now they did blowout the 49ers at home as well on Monday Night. So as you can see, they had a month where they played awesome.

Finally, last year the Seahawks had very few injuries. Will that continue?

Now, there is a lot of hype and sense that the Seahawks will always play as well as they did the final month of the season last year and even better. But the NFL does not always work like that. Other teams figure out your tendencies. Players that are key contributors get hurt. Bad calls go against you. The other team just has a great game. Players don't gel together.

I remember in 2003 when EVERYONE hyped the Panthers even more than the Seahawks this year. Look it up if you don't believe me. They missed the playoffs. It might not happen to the Seahawks, but what is true is that the more hype and sense of greatness you give yourself, the more likely you will be let down.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 in points allowed is luck?

Beating 5 teams that went to the playoffs is luck?

RW throwing 26 TD passes and tying the NFL rookie record held by Peyton Manning is luck?

RW having a passer QB rating of 100 is luck?

6 players to the pro-bowl is luck?

Marshawn Lynch running for 1500+ yds is luck?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 rushing game, incredible depth at running back.
Top 5 defense, best secondary by far in the NFL.
Great pass rush once they get Clemons/Irvin back.
Good QB play, not great yet, but good.
Runner up DROY
Best homefield advantage in the NFL, if the road to the SBOWL happens to go through Seattle GG.
Two pro bowlers and one all pro on the O-Line

??????????

These are facts, not opinion.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th seed wildcard........ divisional exit. Lucky to have made it to divisional.

them theres some facts too.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 in points allowed is luck?

Beating 5 teams that went to the playoffs is luck?

RW throwing 26 TD passes and tying the NFL rookie record held by Peyton Manning is luck?

RW having a passer QB rating of 100 is luck?

6 players to the pro-bowl is luck?

Marshawn Lynch running for 1500+ yds is luck?

I never said any of those were luck.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said any of those were luck.
No, but your point was luck played a key role in how well Seattle played last year. I'd say those facts listed above had a lot more to do with the 2012 Seahawks than luck did.

Every team has good and bad luck. Few teams have stats like the ones listed above.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet somehow just about every seahawk fan I have heard brags about Wilson's losing effort in Atlanta and says they "should have won". But did the seahawks score a single point until well into the third quarter? No
Until you can show some evidence of that I'll assume you're making it up. Could have won? Yes. Should have won? No.

The only people who can say their team should have won after losing would be the Packers. Too bad Seattle still got the W where it counted.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sups, leave the pretzel logic on ESPN. You sound like a Moron trying to pretend that one loss is more impressive than another because one team scored 6 points in the first half and the other scored 0. They both played valiently in the second half but still lost!!!!!! Seattle didnt prove that they can beat Atlanta and SF didnt prove that they can win the SB.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sups, leave the pretzel logic on ESPN. You sound like a Moron trying to pretend that one loss is more impressive than another because one team scored 6 points in the first half and the other scored 0. They both played valiently in the second half but still lost!!!!!! Seattle didnt prove that they can beat Atlanta and SF didnt prove that they can win the SB.
Oh, that's Stupid Bowl? No wonder it sounded made up :laugh3:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th seed wildcard........ divisional exit. Lucky to have made it to divisional.

them theres some facts too.

Lol, thats a great year for a young team with a rookie qb. Very promising year according to knowledgable folks. And how were they lucky to get that seed? Please show your ignorance say because of the gb game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that's Stupid Bowl? No wonder it sounded made up :laugh3:

You cant tell? All of his comments are verbatim the same shit hes been saying on the ESPN board for 8 months.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant tell? All of his comments are verbatim the same shit hes been saying on the ESPN board for 8 months.
I'm not as good at picking up on similar posting styles as others. :noidea:

I tend to just think there are a lot of stupid people out there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as good at picking up on similar posting styles as others. :noidea:

I tend to just think there are a lot of stupid people out there.

Supers spent hours upon hours upon days upon years saying the exact same pretzel arguments. He denies this is him..... Who can blame him though? He said some really stupid shit over there.