• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dont understand all the Seahawk love

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I don't understand why anyone thinks there all that much love for the Seahawks. I could easily pull up a ton of love for the 49ers, Broncos, and lately Bengals.
It's that time of year....when any thing is possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I don't understand why anyone thinks there all that much love for the Seahawks.
Because they are the prohibitive favorite? People aren't talking up the NFC West because of the Rams or Cardinals.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's hype is no different than the hype we hear about other teams. Let's see, every year the media has a hard-on for Dallas, Philly, GB, NE... They are the media darlings, and sports outlets make sure these teams are hyped every chance. Same old shit different day.

The Seattle Seahawks are a traditional media darling? Did I just read that right?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's hype is no different than the hype we hear about other teams. Let's see, every year the media has a hard-on for Dallas, GB, NE... They are the media darlings, and sports outlets make sure these teams are hyped every chance. Same old shit different day.

Dallas, GB, & NE ...are hyped because they have won a championship(s). Seattle has the best secondary in the NFL and somehow, they are better than SF, ATL & Denver? What happened to earning it?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are the prohibitive favorite? People aren't talking up the NFC West because of the Rams or Cardinals.

True, but you could easily find those in the media who think the 49ers coming off a Superbowl appearance are the odds on favorite to go all the way this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every poster that feels the Seahawks are the team to put money on, there are a dozen posters who would disagree.
The media is just doing what they do...stirring the pot for ratings.

As a Seahawk fan I love my teams chances, but do I love them more then a 49er fan or Bronco fan etc.. like their team chances? I doubt it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every poster that feels the Seahawks are the team to put money on, there are a dozen posters who would disagree.
The media is just doing what they do...stirring the pot for ratings.

As a Seahawk fan I love my teams chances, but do I love them more then a 49er fan or Bronco fan etc.. like their team chances? I doubt it.

I think if the playoffs over the last few years have been any indication it is anything can happen in the NFL. Pittsburgh has won being the 6th seed and so has Green Bay. When Green Bay was the 1 seed with only having lost one game they were one and done in the playoffs if I remember right. To be honest right now people would do better to try and predict who will make the playoffs then redo their thoughts once playoffs role around. There really is no telling what can happen once those darn playoffs start.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas, GB, & NE ...are hyped because they have won a championship(s). Seattle has the best secondary in the NFL and somehow, they are better than SF, ATL & Denver? What happened to earning it?

Please spare us the "we have won a championship" bullshit. Doesn't matter a lick as far as who wins the next one. It's a argument that just makes me rolls my eyes, because it makes zero sense. The team with the best players,coaches and luck with injuries will be the next winner. Having won one before has zero impact on a team chances for the up coming season. So why should those projecting winners even give it a lick of consideration?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please spare us the "we have won a championship" bullshit. Doesn't matter a lick as far as who wins the next one. It's a argument that just makes me rolls my eyes, because it makes zero sense. The team with the best players,coaches and luck with injuries will be the next winner. Having won one before has zero impact on a team chances for the up coming season. So why should those projecting winners even give it a lick of consideration?

I was actually saying I understand the annoying media attention the other teams get especially "america's team" because they are proven winners. The media as of late is putting Seattle on the pedestal, but they haven't done anything????

They haven't represented the NFC in the superbowl in years, so to put them as superbowl favorites is fine but it seems odd over ATL, SF or DEN....IMO

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks and 49ers are the two best teams in the NFC and quite possibly the NFL. I think the Seahawks are deeper, younger, and have less holes than the 49ers. I'm not saying they are better but my bet is on the Seahawks to make it out of the NFC. If the 49ers make it again, nobody would be surprised. It's a toss up, really.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't represented the NFC in the superbowl in years, so to put them as superbowl favorites is fine but it seems odd over ATL, SF or DEN....IMO
Not that it matters, but Seattle has been to a Super Bowl more recently than either ATL or DEN

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually saying I understand the annoying media attention the other teams get especially "america's team" because they are proven winners. The media as of late is putting Seattle on the pedestal, but they haven't done anything????

Why does it seem odd? Seahawks have put together a impressive roster, they had a very nice season last year. They should be in the conversation, for those that say others should be in the conversation, I say they are (if they are contenders).

The whole point of this thread is to claim that the Seahawks are over hyped and to that I say bullshit. They are contenders and should be in the conversation. Plenty of other teams are receiving the same love. So those saying the the Seahawks are over hyped can just take a hike.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's hype is no different than the hype we hear about other teams. Let's see, every year the media has a hard-on for Dallas, Philly, GB, NE... They are the media darlings, and sports outlets make sure these teams are hyped every chance. Same old shit different day.

Green Bay and New England have earned it. Philly and Dallas will be lucky to win 11 games combined, but New England and Green Bay have earned the discussion (both do have some stronger question marks this year, but so does every team). Seattle barely beat the Redskins and did OK against the Falcons. I just don't understand people considering them such strong contenders so consistently. Do they have a shot? Absolutely. Have they earned the belief that they will compete for the 1 seed out of the NFC? I don't think so.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay and New England have earned it. Philly and Dallas will be lucky to win 11 games combined, but New England and Green Bay have earned the discussion (both do have some stronger question marks this year, but so does every team). Seattle barely beat the Redskins and did OK against the Falcons. I just don't understand people considering them such strong contenders so consistently. Do they have a shot? Absolutely. Have they earned the belief that they will compete for the 1 seed out of the NFC? I don't think so.

How the hell has Green Bay and New England "earned" anything? How does what a team has done in the past impact your chances this year? The answer to that is it doesn't have any impact. Good teams by the strength of the QB and good coaching, but questionable overall. Frankly if New England were in the NFC West this year they would be lucky to come in third place.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have the key pieces that have shown they can put it together already. You can't pretend that that doesn't matter. Is it the only factor this year? Absolutely not. But is it something you take into consideration when trying to decide who the favorites are? If it's not you're doing something wrong. Teams like the Seahawks (or the Bengals you listed) have potential but have shown nothing so far.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If youre going to use the Falcón game against Seattle as just alright, I would say that although it was a loss it was still a very impressive performance compared to the eggs we saw layed in the last games NE or GB played in, against Baltimore and SF respectively. At least the last time we saw Seattle they were competetive and not looking they just wanted the season to end.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Seattle played Atlanta 10 times last year, each would have won 5 games.
I think if Atlanta played San Francisco 10 times last year, each would have won 5 games.
If the Redskins were fully healthy...maybe they are in that mix, too

Imo, it mostly comes down to coaching and the character of each of these teams. Seattle and Denver are going to have their holes filled by the end of the year, though, and I'm not sure you can say that about the rest of the teams. Assuming they stay healthy, of course.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will form my opinion after we play both SF and the Seahawks. While I am certainly not one of the more knowledgeable NFL posters here, I see why their fans are so optimistic. I still believe Wilson was the third best quarterback to come out in the draft last year and while I appreciate his skills, I also believe he went to the best team by far in terms of the big three.

Yeah, I know how many interceptions young Andrew threw since I watched every game. But the pounding he took behind that paper mache line was brutal. Funny how many great passes he made just before or while he was being driven into the turf.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks will win it all this year or next IMO. Watching them last year, they were a young team just starting to realize how talented they are. You can usually see it when a team is on the verge of greatness, the 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, then the Packers and Patriots. Seattle has that look