• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do yall care so much about this "double standard"?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have proven you, montsho, to be wrong in all of your arguments, I shall retire for the day and allow you to think over what you have learned. Good day everyone.

:laugh3:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this seems to be winding down....so what's the next item of business on the "made up outrage" agenda?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay z has never said anything racist in public, he isn't in ownership of a team......there is nothing here but an attempt to deflect from Sterling.

Jay Z was a partial owner, Jay Z is a player agent, and Jay Z did wear a medallion of a racist organization (which many people believe shows his support to their beliefs).

And fwiw, when is the last time Donald Sterling said something racist in public? It's happened but why weren't you discussing his racism before this week and why is it all of a sudden an issue now?

Sterling deserved everything that he got, but the reaction to his racism compared to the lack of outrage towards Jay Z and Larry Johnson shows a double standard, imo.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jay-z-at-nets-game-4-1-2014.jpg

The medallion is that of a Black Supremacist Group. Period.

Despite the display at the Barclays Center, Jay Z is not involved with the Five-Percent Nation. In fact, the rap mogul’s representation of the medallion has caused friction among some Five Percenters, who aren’t in favor of people using their flag to make a fashion statement as an accessory.

“Jay Z is not an active member — no one has vouched for him,” Saladin Allah, a representative of the group’s upstate region, told The Post. “It was always understood that you don’t wear the *regalia if you don’t totally subscribe to the life.”

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Z was a partial owner, Jay Z is a player agent, and Jay Z did wear a medallion of a racist organization (which many people believe shows his support to their beliefs).

And fwiw, when is the last time Donald Sterling said something racist in public? It's happened but why weren't you discussing his racism before this week and why is it all of a sudden an issue now?

Sterling deserved everything that he got, but the reaction to his racism compared to the lack of outrage towards Jay Z and Larry Johnson shows a double standard, imo.

What did Jay-Z and LJ do?

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this thread and its 4 pages is sure a little gem.

I especially like the push for the who started slavery with the mix of racism and a dash of blame the Catholics:laugh3:.. then divide what a double standards is and who/when it really applies (so long it benefits your argument)

Fun note, isn't there a document descripting in the colonial states that one of the first slave owners in the United States was a black man?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this thread and its 4 pages is sure a little gem.

I especially like the push for the who started slavery with the mix of racism and a dash of blame the Catholics:laugh3:.. then divide what a double standards is and who/when it really applies (so long it benefits your argument)

Fun note, isn't there a document descripting in the colonial states that one of the first slave owners in the United States was a black man?

Yes there is a note but we already know its not true. The first slave owner documented or otherwise was a white person but that has nothing to do with racism being used to dehumanize Blacks so the US could become an economic power. BTW do you dispute the Catholic Churches papal bull?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Jay-Z and LJ do?

One publicly stated he wanted a league with no whites...the other wore a medallion representing a racist organization

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the display at the Barclays Center, Jay Z is not involved with the Five-Percent Nation. In fact, the rap mogul’s representation of the medallion has caused friction among some Five Percenters, who aren’t in favor of people using their flag to make a fashion statement as an accessory.

“Jay Z is not an active member — no one has vouched for him,” Saladin Allah, a representative of the group’s upstate region, told The Post. “It was always understood that you don’t wear the *regalia if you don’t totally subscribe to the life.”

One does not have to be a member to subscribe to the doctrine.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One publicly stated he wanted a league with no whites...the other wore a medallion representing a racist organization

Who stated they wanted a league with no whites? I need a quoted statement. How do you know the other wore a medallion representing a racist organization? How do you know what it represents to him?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let me get this straight. Because you think Jay-Z is racist you want him to get banned? Does anyone have any proof at all?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. It's no telling how many white supremacists group there are in the south that agree with the KKK but have no affiliation with them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who stated they wanted a league with no whites? I need a quoted statement. How do you know the other wore a medallion representing a racist organization? How do you know what it represents to him?

:tsk:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. Because you think Jay-Z is racist you want him to get banned? Does anyone have any proof at all?

No, I want to know why one is acceptable behavior to you?

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_m9s06d0Ex31rbrlneo1_400.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

https://twitter.com/TheRealLJ2/statuses/460157093954486272

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn't matter what the medallion means to him, as much as what it means to everyone else.