• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Can't Come to any Other Conclusion: Tamba Hali is the BEST OLB in the NFL this Year

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving me crazy as it defies my willingness to resist such claims, but hear me out, maybe you can help me realize why I am wrong, please do. Give me some OLB's that are better so far this season than Tamba Hali.:noidea:

Yes, I know there is a guy with more sacks on the same team, but my 'argument' is that Hali is far more disruptive based on QB pressures and it also reflected in disruptions, but I am not as big on that yet so I won't list the full season disruption numbers.

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Tamba Hali has notched 17 more total pressures than any other player through 6 weeks. 2nd most? Justin Houston. #Chiefs
[ame="https://twitter.com/PFF/statuses/390226210091184128"]4:22 PM - 15 Oct 2013[/ame]

145 Retweets 36 favorites
PFF also claimed (updated as of the 14th) that Tamba Hali had QB disruptions on 82 snaps vs the Raiders.

Some other things...

2 FF

1 pick 6

1 PD

7.5 Sacks (4th in the league)

I am somewhat curious to see if I am the only one who is thinking this and/or if I am being a huge homer in my very minimal ( I emphasize minimal) research.

What do you think:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

PFF also rated 3-4 OLB's...

Tamba Hali was #1
Justin Houston was #2

Last edited by a moderator:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like you to meet Mr Von Miller, he had a brief suspension, but he's back to reclaim his crown as king OLB

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like you to meet Mr Von Miller, he had a brief suspension, but he's back to reclaim his crown as king OLB
irvin is like a slighty faster stronger more athletic more scarier verson of von. they are pretty much clones. these are the new era passrushers in a league that passes the ball a ton and extremly quick releases. you need to get to these elite qbs fast. hali is good though but id take von and bruce.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irvin is like a slighty faster stronger more athletic more scarier verson of von. they are pretty much clones. these are the new era passrushers in a league that passes the ball a ton and extremly quick releases. you need to get to these elite qbs fast. hali is good though but id take von and bruce.

Again, give me numbers, or I don't give a crap. Hali has been "fast and athletic" for quite some time... Von and co have stolen his thunder though.

Edit: My apologies, I should have mentioned I wanted statistical evidence in the OP, my fault.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what im trying to say is to get to the best qbs like brady, brees, manning who get the ball out so fast you need to be extremely athletic and quick around the edge. go look at bruce and vons 3 cone, its off the charts for their size.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are hali stats against sb calibur qbs? manning, brady, brees? nobody cares what he does against scrub teams.

We will find out soon enough I suppose, but everyone plays scrub teams, and people seem to use the total stats anyways. People don't do "Peyton Manning threw 50 TD's minus TD's scored against the Jags + a TD adjustment for playing the 2000 Ravens".

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Driving me crazy as it defies my willingness to resist such claims, but hear me out, maybe you can help me realize why I am wrong, please do. Give me some OLB's that are better so far this season than Tamba Hali.:noidea:

I would have to agree with you (so far). Although Terrell Suggs is close IMO.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont playa hate. irvin is a god wearing human skin.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
dont playa hate. irvin is a god wearing human skin.

A god wouldn't need steroids.

And he would have more than 1 sack this year.

...And he would probably be better looking.

k1gz.png

v9be.png

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a god ever been arrested for burglary?

How about for vandalism?

You would think there would be a god get out of jail free card.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it surprising san fran fans are bashing a seattle stud draft pick. wait second that no i dont.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A god wouldn't need steroids.

And he would have more than 1 sack this year.

...And he would probably be better looking.

k1gz.png

v9be.png

I dunno, but if I wanted to keep the flies off my cows, I would put a terrell suggs mask on them

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that, I doubt he will be an instant beast right off the bat, just my suspicion.

Suspicion? Is that your complete analysis? He was an instant beast his rookie year. He's 10 pounds heavier and in the best shape of his life, healthy and hungry to prove his worth to his teammates.

Luck gets to be his appetizer Sunday Night. 3 more courses in weeks 11, 12 and 13.