• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I bet Oregon is happy they scheduled Auburn

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too have fond memories. My favorite Rose Bowl was the 1963 game by between USC and Wisconsin. I started watching college football in the 50's and have watched many great Rose Bowl games. There is nothing better then to watch football with the family!!! By the way I will be pulling Oregon!!
Thanks for the support, Oldtimer. I think we have a good chance of our teams finally meeting in the PAC 12 title game next year. That would be really fun. Is it in Vegas next year?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon will most likely win the rose bowl, instead of getting smashed as a #4 seed. Either way, if you can't beat Auburn you don't belong in the playoffs.
I get what you’re saying, but let’s consider who the 4 seed lost to. Oky does deserve to be in the Playoff. So just challenging the “if you can’t beat Auburn you don’t belong” comment.

I just think losing to Auburn in August wouldn’t determine whether a team belongs or not.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Oregon knows they need an out of conference game like Auburn to strengthen their resume if they ever hope to get in with one loss. The Pac-12 is just too weak

It’s good to get on National TV early for a team like Oregon.

And they usually do schedule as many high end teams ooc as they can. For example coming up are UGA and tOSU twice.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only been to one Rose Bowl Game, and it was a dandy! I saw Ohio State beat Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl Game on a picture perfect Chamber of Commerce day. I think the final was 26-17 and game was in doubt until late. Best Bowl Game experience I have ever had!

48261430_1965201046901541_3619013098003759104_o.jpg
That place, that time of year is magic.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you’re saying, but let’s consider who the 4 seed lost to. Oky does deserve to be in the Playoff. So just challenging the “if you can’t beat Auburn you don’t belong” comment.

I just think losing to Auburn in August wouldn’t determine whether a team belongs or not.

TBH, this year whichever team landed in the 4 spot was going to be boatraced. A competitive game against Wisky is far better for the Ducks than losing 42-14 to OSU/LSU

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the support, Oldtimer. I think we have a good chance of our teams finally meeting in the PAC 12 title game next year. That would be really fun. Is it in Vegas next year?
You're welcome and I will look forward to the day that Oregon and USC meet in the PAC 12 CG. Good luck to the Ducks in the R.B. Yes Vegas next year. :suds:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3QeZ.gif

That sounds like a blast!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Oregon playing Auburn was a detriment is an idiot.

Oregon had that game and then pissed it away in the 4th quarter. If they won that game, they're playing LSU in the first round of the CFP. Playing these sort of games are never a bad thing. If you win them, you have an enormous leg up. If you don't win and then drop another one later in the season, then you probably aren't worthy of a playoff spot anyhow. Oregon's was unfortunate, but they only have themselves to blame.

They're a team on the upswing of a rebuild and they're heading in the right direction. The Auburn game was a good thing for them, as is next year when they bring Ohio State to Autzen. Just hope ya'll have a QB ready to step up for Herbert.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon had that game and then pissed it away in the 4th quarter. If they won that game, they're playing LSU in the first round of the CFP. Playing these sort of games are never a bad thing. If you win them, you have an enormous leg up. If you don't win and then drop another one later in the season, then you probably aren't worthy of a playoff spot anyhow. Oregon's was unfortunate, but they only have themselves to blame.

They're a team on the upswing of a rebuild and they're heading in the right direction. The Auburn game was a good thing for them, as is next year when they bring Ohio State to Autzen. Just hope ya'll have a QB ready to step up for Herbert.

I'm not gonna lie, it's going to be ugly for the Ducks next year in that game.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Auburn is always the measuring stick. If you don’t believe me pay attention to how many times we come up even when we are bad.

It’s like Auburn has become a defacto Litmus test for teams. This is exactly why B1G teams don’t want to play us during the regular season and PAC teams are standing in line to do so.

For PAC teams the risk is worth the reward but it’s a much tougher loss for a B1G school.

In the last 10 years we have played WSU, Washington and Oregon and we have Cal on the schedule coming up.

How many B1G teams have accepted a game with us (and they’ve all gotten request because we have to fill the P5 slot)? 1 - We have a future home and home with Penn State.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Onviously winning huge ooc games helps. BUT currently winning those games doesnt help as much as losing hurts.

There are exactly zero times under the current format where a 1 loss team with a great ooc win got in the playoff over another 1 loss team because of that ooc win. Zero.

There are numerous times a 2 loss team has been left out after losing a tough ooc game.

Right now the ONLY certainty we have about the playoff is you cant lose more than one time. Thats it.

Knowing this as the only certainty pretty much tells you theres not nearly enough upside in playing a great ooc game as the 8 ball you put yourself behind if you lose it.

Until the committee puts a 2 loss conference champ with a tough ooc loss in over a 1 loss team with a subpar ooc there will continue to be no point in scheduling tough ooc