• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am predicting a victory over the Saints!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they have some issues on the back end of their defense ... they're actually pretty good at stopping the run but they have been gashed through the air at times.

this year will be interesting to see how things play out in January now that even more rules favor the offense .... will a good defense be able to still make that much of a difference in January or is it just going to be 'whoever has the best offense' will win out ....
Well, I just don’t think that offense is enough better than the offense of teams like the rams or bears to make up for the glaring difference in defense. And you can bet defense is going to make a huge difference in January.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP, take it from me. This thread is not a good idea.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just don’t think that offense is enough better than the offense of teams like the rams or bears to make up for the glaring difference in defense. And you can bet defense is going to make a huge difference in January.

well, IMO, the Saints offense is the best in the league and they've already shown they can outscore the Rams... the Rams D is not very good either.

The Bears D is good but I'm not sure they are as dominant as some think. They have had the luxury of playing a bunch of the poorest offenses in the league this season. The Pats had no problem putting 38 up on the Bears defense and the Pats offense is nowhere near Saints level.

I think if the playoffs started today, the Saints would have to be favored in the NFC (but that doesn't mean they couldn't get beat of course)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, IMO, the Saints offense is the best in the league and they've already shown they can outscore the Rams... the Rams D is not very good either.

The Bears D is good but I'm not sure they are as dominant as some think. They have had the luxury of playing a bunch of the poorest offenses in the league this season. The Pats had no problem putting 38 up on the Bears defense and the Pats offense is nowhere near Saints level.

I think if the playoffs started today, the Saints would have to be favored in the NFC (but that doesn't mean they couldn't get beat of course)
I wouldn’t put too much stock into that patriots game for two reason. First, the pats special teams scored two tds in that game. Secondly, Mack played through an injury that he sat the next two games out because of. He was being handled solely with a TE on plays where he would rush. He was a hole on the defense for that game when he is usually the catalyst of the defense.

I do agree, the bears defense hasn’t proven to be elite against big time offenses. I think they will start to do that this weekend.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t put too much stock into that patriots game for two reason. First, the pats special teams scored two tds in that game. Secondly, Mack played through an injury that he sat the next two games out because of. He was being handled solely with a TE on plays where he would rush. He was a hole on the defense for that game when he is usually the catalyst of the defense.

I do agree, the bears defense hasn’t proven to be elite against big time offenses. I think they will start to do that this weekend.

eh, i could turn that around and point out that the Pats turned the ball over 3 times leading to 3 Bears TD's and the Pats still won.

There were mistakes on both sides but the Pats were clearly the better team that day.

I agree that Mack probably wasn't 100% that day so if they played that game again, he may have been able to make a difference.

I consider the vikings and packers to both be average offenses so really the only real test i see left on the bears schedule is against the Rams ... the Rams have almost as good of an offense as the Saints and their D is only slightly better than the Saints so that might be a good gauge for your theory that the Bears might beat the Saints if they went head to head

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i could turn that around and point out that the Pats turned the ball over 3 times leading to 3 Bears TD's and the Pats still won.

There were mistakes on both sides but the Pats were clearly the better team that day.

I agree that Mack probably wasn't 100% that day so if they played that game again, he may have been able to make a difference.

I consider the vikings and packers to both be average offenses so really the only real test i see left on the bears schedule is against the Rams ... the Rams have almost as good of an offense as the Saints and their D is only slightly better than the Saints so that might be a good gauge for your theory that the Bears might beat the Saints if they went head to head
You were critiquing the defense for points the special teams gave up. My point is very relevant to this subject.

I can agree about the rams too. I think the Vikings are a tad overrated this year as well.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were critiquing the defense for points the special teams gave up. My point is very relevant to this subject.

I can agree about the rams too. I think the Vikings are a tad overrated this year as well.

Until they win the division and the Pack take the second wild card :lebowski2:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. The Browns would've beaten them if our HC didn't realize our kicker had a torn groin muscle causing him to miss 2 FGs and 2 XPs. They're not that good, Philly should handle business. Sheesh.

Cleveland is better than Philly, so....................

Besides, remember when Brady and Co carved up that Eagles defense for 2,000yds and a bajillion points in the SB? Well, Brees is the next best thing to TB and his offense is cruising right now.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE played that game with a slew of missing talent and walking wounded.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE played that game with a slew of missing talent and walking wounded.
Nothing near as significant as Khalil Mack being a negative for the bears defense on the field due to injury.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have an abysmal secondary and our best CB (who is only mediocre) is out for the season. The point spread was Eagles +7. The lines are out the door in Vegas to take that gimme. I would have guessed +13.
Poor play calling
Poor D coaching
ZERO run game
Abysmal secondary
An onslaught of injuries

Stick a fork in my beloved Birds.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have an abysmal secondary and our best CB (who is only mediocre) is out for the season. The point spread was Eagles +7. The lines are out the door in Vegas to take that gimme. I would have guessed +13.
Poor play calling
Poor D coaching
ZERO run game
Abysmal secondary
An onslaught of injuries

Really? You can say that despite having the phenomenal superstar who is considered the best young QB in football?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they have some issues on the back end of their defense ... they're actually pretty good at stopping the run but they have been gashed through the air at times.

this year will be interesting to see how things play out in January now that even more rules favor the offense .... will a good defense be able to still make that much of a difference in January or is it just going to be 'whoever has the best offense' will win out ....
So the Saints are the Eagles with a better QB?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor play calling
Poor D coaching
ZERO run game
Abysmal secondary
An onslaught of injuries

Yea poor D coaching and abysmal secondary and still top 10 in scoring defense

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Saints are the Eagles with a better QB?

We don’t have Alvin Kamara or a
QB as good as Brees
And the Saints have a run game and excellent coaching
Am I still a fucking idiot for saying Wentz is better then Dak?