• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hunger strike time? Not enough black coaches in the NBA...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is the sentiment of most of the articles that I have seen on the subject.

He should be playing in one situation or the other.

I find it funny that some people are calling this kid a bust before he's played in 10 games.

Sometimes it takes guys awhile to gain their footing.

Remember how many teams gave up on Chauncey Billups?

They are totally different players. But, the fact remains that Dangelo will be fine.

Whoever is calling him a bust, clearly haven't seen him play.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad comparison. There is no prejudice on talent in any sport. If you can play, you will be picked up no matter what race you are.
Don't white lives matter? :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's a challenge to have Russell playing down the stretch, when you have Clarkson and Lou Williams, who are more established players.

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to. End of the day, as coach, Byron's job is to win as many games as possible regardless of the roster. If he feels that playing Williams and Clarkson instead of Russell late in close games gives them the best chance to win, that's fine. But, when the game is a blowout late, Russell should be on the floor.

It's a real Catch-22 for Byron, imo. On the one hand, you have the guy who is looked at as a big part of the franchises future. He needs to develop and learn. Playing him late in close games, will help him learn and perhaps grow up a little quicker. But playing him late in close games will also cost you games this season.

On the other hand, while playing the more experienced players will help to win more games this season, it could slow Russell's development.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first guess is that this is just a trend away from ex-players to some other profile(s). Who's regarded as a top coach these days who is an ex-player, black or white? Steve Kerr and who else? And by the way, the Warriors look just as good without him as with.

Phil Jackson hasn't coached for a while. Pat Riley hasn't coached for a long while. Doc Rivers isn't as admired as he was. Rick Carlisle hasn't won much for a while. Kevin McHale has had his ups and downs, and anyhow even if he were a great coach some people wouldn't give him credit because of how awful a GM he was.

I know I listed mainly white guys, but I suspect the point is still valid.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah. I posted that before I got far enough into the article to see that it made the same suggestion.