• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hunger strike time? Not enough black coaches in the NBA...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the heck is Trojanfan?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Byron is trying to bring him along slowly like they did Kobe. Byron is also big on guys earning playing time. I don't really have a problem with either of those things. He's actually averaging more minutes than Kobe did his rookie year and about the same as Kobe in his 2nd year (although Russell has already started more games than Kobe did). Problem is, the Lakers team that Kobe joined was going to the playoffs with or without him. That team had the luxury of bringing him along slowly.

What does concern me though, is when Russell said he didn't know why he wasn't playing. If you're going to decrease a guys playing time, especially one you're banking on to be part of the franchises future, you should probably clue him in on why his time has decreased.

I also think that Byron needs to be more consistent with him late in games. If Byron is going with vets late in games to try to win, that's fine. But if it's a blowout late (like vs. the Heat last night) then Russell should be in. Last night, he wasn't.

Yeah, that is the sentiment of most of the articles that I have seen on the subject.

He should be playing in one situation or the other.

I find it funny that some people are calling this kid a bust before he's played in 10 games.

Sometimes it takes guys awhile to gain their footing.

Remember how many teams gave up on Chauncey Billups?

They are totally different players. But, the fact remains that Dangelo will be fine.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I spent the bulk of it at Circle K on Slurpees.

Still up to your old tricks I see. Wasting my hard earned tax dollars on fancy drinks and sech.

Happy Veterans Day by the way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is the sentiment of most of the articles that I have seen on the subject.

He should be playing in one situation or the other.

I find it funny that some people are calling this kid a bust before he's played in 10 games.

Sometimes it takes guys awhile to gain their footing.

Remember how many teams gave up on Chauncey Billups?

They are totally different players. But, the fact remains that Dangelo will be fine.

I think he'll be fine too. Being a point guard in the NBA is like being a quarterback in the NFL. It's the most important position and the most difficult to play well. It takes a couple of years to know what you have with point guards. Or even longer as you point out with Chauncey.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still up to your old tricks I see. Wasting my hard earned tax dollars on fancy drinks and sech.

Happy Veterans Day by the way.

Thank You!

Happy Veterans day to all the other Vets out there and their families who have sacraficed to make this a better world.

Reactions: GNG

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send this bullshit thread to the Politics forum so those douchenozzles over there can debate about pointless shit.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there could probably be more black coaches, but the NBA doesn't have a problem with hiring black coaches. The NFL have more of a problem, even though they got better.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Byron is trying to bring him along slowly like they did Kobe. Byron is also big on guys earning playing time. I don't really have a problem with either of those things. He's actually averaging more minutes than Kobe did his rookie year and about the same as Kobe in his 2nd year (although Russell has already started more games than Kobe did). Problem is, the Lakers team that Kobe joined was going to the playoffs with or without him. That team had the luxury of bringing him along slowly.

What does concern me though, is when Russell said he didn't know why he wasn't playing. If you're going to decrease a guys playing time, especially one you're banking on to be part of the franchises future, you should probably clue him in on why his time has decreased.

I also think that Byron needs to be more consistent with him late in games. If Byron is going with vets late in games to try to win, that's fine. But if it's a blowout late (like vs. the Heat last night) then Russell should be in. Last night, he wasn't.

Also, it's a challenge to have Russell playing down the stretch, when you have Clarkson and Lou Williams, who are more established players.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had another explosion over Phil Jackson recently ... crazy. (he said he had never seen Perzingas play before NBA -- he didn't know that Porz was this talented ???)

He's been praising Phil lately.