• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hunger strike time? Not enough black coaches in the NBA...

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the NBA would disappear.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To show my contemptuous outrage, I will go on a non-hunger strike. From this day going forward, I will eat often enough throughout my days, so that I'm NEVER hungry! How ya like that?? Huh??! Yeah!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my GAWD....

This is such a non-story.

Vaughn was likely let go because the Magic feel like they have a roster that can compete for a playoff spot and he was not the guy to help them take the next step.

Mark Jackson was a prick.

Mike Brown sucked.

Brian Shaw sucked BALLS.

Larry Drew was replaced by another BLACK GUY.

Can't wait to see the updated storyline if Byron Scott, Alvin Gentry or Hollins joins the ranks of the unemployed. Because their Teams are a real shit show thus far.

This thread is race baiting at it's finest.

Shameful shit.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my GAWD....

Vaughn was likely let go because the Magic feel like they have a roster that can compete for a playoff spot and he was not the guy to help them take the next step.

Mike Brown sucked.

Brian Shaw sucked BALLS.

Can't wait to see the updated storyline if Byron Scott, Alvin Gentry or Hollins joins the ranks of the unemployed. Because their Teams are a real shit show thus far.

Shameful shit.

I agree 100%. A white writer trying to create a story where there isn't one. I wonder if he's as concerned about the lack of black writers covering the sport?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. A white writer trying to create a story where there isn't one. I wonder if he's as concerned about the lack of black writers covering the sport?

Who knows.

It's just sad that we are still in this place were race is used as a weapon or as a crutch.

I'm all for diversity.

But, I would never want to be hired, or fired, based on my race, being a woman or sexual orientation.

Of all the names on that list, Jacksons firing was the only one that could be remotely considered suspect, maybe Drew.

But, then you remember all the turmoil Jackson caused and that Drew got the hook because of the Owners relationship with Kidd, who's half black, and even those make sense.

Reactions: GNG

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my GAWD....

Mike Brown sucked.

Brian Shaw sucked BALLS.

Can't wait to see the updated storyline when Byron Scott joins the ranks of the unemployed. Because his coaching has been a real shit show thus far.

Shameful shit.

:fify:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a male who works a typical female type job (Office worker) I'm all for equality as I also have a mild disability. That said I hope employers hire me based upon my merit and not because I'm male. That should go for a coaching job. Your color shouldn't matter, your ability to do the job should.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the what with Russell and Byron?

Is the media playing things up, or is their real tension?

Let the kid play. He needs minutes if he is to improve.

Now, if he is a clear detriment to the Team, that's something different.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the what with Russell and Byron?

Is the media playing things up, or is their real tension?

Let the kid play. He needs minutes if he is to improve.

Now, if he is a clear detriment to the Team, that's something different.

I think Byron is trying to bring him along slowly like they did Kobe. Byron is also big on guys earning playing time. I don't really have a problem with either of those things. He's actually averaging more minutes than Kobe did his rookie year and about the same as Kobe in his 2nd year (although Russell has already started more games than Kobe did). Problem is, the Lakers team that Kobe joined was going to the playoffs with or without him. That team had the luxury of bringing him along slowly.

What does concern me though, is when Russell said he didn't know why he wasn't playing. If you're going to decrease a guys playing time, especially one you're banking on to be part of the franchises future, you should probably clue him in on why his time has decreased.

I also think that Byron needs to be more consistent with him late in games. If Byron is going with vets late in games to try to win, that's fine. But if it's a blowout late (like vs. the Heat last night) then Russell should be in. Last night, he wasn't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look a couple of posters who hate the NBA stopped by the NBA forum to grace us with their important opinions.

Never understood people who do that. If you don't like/don't care, why take the time to go in there and post? Especially just to tell people that you don't like that sport or league.

I'm not a racing fan. Hence, I have never gone on the NASCAR board. In fact, I'm not even sure if the Hoop has a NASCAR board.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Stephen A Smith goes on a hunger strike over it.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Stephen A Smith goes on a hunger strike over it.

He had another explosion over Phil Jackson recently ... crazy. (he said he had never seen Perzingas play before NBA -- he didn't know that Porz was this talented ???)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3