• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hue Jackson...Browns new HC

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL...if PFF's grades have any merit...LT, elite...LG,C were high quality...RG & RT had "good" grades.

The rookie RB Johnson showed some promise...he's a keeper....CLE tops needs imo

• QB
  • Edge pass rusher
  • WR1
Now, if they lose Mack...he's got some type FA out in his deal I understand, they drafted Erving in the 1st round for insurance.

JM was a bad mistake, was never a 1st round talent even...I wouldn't be afraid to go QB again because he failed...his NFL fate was scribbled in stone on draft day. At the same time...I would listen to offers and consider trading down with my eye on getting one of the QBs that slides into the 2nd round

100% agree of sliding down in the draft, QB wise I'm looking at Cook, and the dark horse, Rudock out of Michigan, I want to see how they grade out at the combines.

Duke showed promise, but again this is a two back league, if I know that my oline is solid and can run block pretty damn good then why not take the chance on a vet along with Johnson? Got the cap room why not have a good "crutch" for a possible young QB?

Defense needs inside help at the LB, corners ( that can stay healthy, depth) and yes DE is a must....

So I guess you are looking two to three years, letting the draft board fall to you and taking the best postion, not reaching for a "need" play it out and be patient, of course the owner wont be patient...

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners dodged a bullet. Most likely by stepping off a cliff

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start by rebuilding that OL, as you said it has missing pieces, two veteran RB right now come to mind for FA or trade, Lynch ( got a feeling he's done with the Hawks) then there is Murray in Philly, why not get a running game going that can help a young QB if it's still Manzel, or a younger guy in the draft, or even a signed vet.

Matt Schaub will be available......

laugh_zpsjhi9fo9z.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree of sliding down in the draft, QB wise I'm looking at Cook, and the dark horse, Rudock out of Michigan, I want to see how they grade out at the combines.

Duke showed promise, but again this is a two back league, if I know that my oline is solid and can run block pretty damn good then why not take the chance on a vet along with Johnson? Got the cap room why not have a good "crutch" for a possible young QB?

Defense needs inside help at the LB, corners ( that can stay healthy, depth) and yes DE is a must....

So I guess you are looking two to three years, letting the draft board fall to you and taking the best postion, not reaching for a "need" play it out and be patient, of course the owner wont be patient...

I'm okay bringing in a vet RB to even out the carries, and take some of the load off the young QB, but I'm not willing to invest a huge cap hit to him because we're still probably going to be a top 10-15 draft team next year...i.e. not in the playoffs. I like Forte maybe a little better than Beast mode, b/c of his ability catching as well, but i don't want to pay more than $2 mil per.

I really need to get Bainbridge some help in the passing game and I'm not counting on Josh Gordon.

QBs...most of the big boards have 2 guys with 1st grades. Paxton, and Goff.

Hackenberg, Cook, Rudock you mentioned, maybe even Wentz...1 or more of them will be on the board at the top of the 2nd. I'd really like to see or know how much separation there is from those guys to Paxton and Goff.

We have to be careful here, because you have several teams that don't need a QB to start next year, but might invest higher in a backup like DAL, maybe NO. Of course there will be at least 1 FA on the market...RG3, possibly Kaep that expands the QB market a tad.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay bringing in a vet RB to even out the carries, and take some of the load off the young QB, but I'm not willing to invest a huge cap hit to him because we're still probably going to be a top 10-15 draft team next year...i.e. not in the playoffs. I like Forte maybe a little better than Beast mode, b/c of his ability catching as well, but i don't want to pay more than $2 mil per.

I really need to get Bainbridge some help in the passing game and I'm not counting on Josh Gordon.

QBs...most of the big boards have 2 guys with 1st grades. Paxton, and Goff.

Hackenberg, Cook, Rudock you mentioned, maybe even Wentz...1 or more of them will be on the board at the top of the 2nd. I'd really like to see or know how much separation there is from those guys to Paxton and Goff.

We have to be careful here, because you have several teams that don't need a QB to start next year, but might invest higher in a backup like DAL, maybe NO. Of course there will be at least 1 FA on the market...RG3, possibly Kaep that expands the QB market a tad.

* Forte I like, like I said just a durable vet that can guide, give some leadership in the huddle when its crunch time.

* passing game does need depth and well starters, I say if Hue doesn't want JM there gonna part with Gordon as well.

So again I say, let's see if we can trade out of #1 gain extra picks this year and next, and let the board come to us, no reaching, no tunnel vision, just take and fill the roster with quality picks ( I hope) ..

This QB class right now has that feeling when Matty Ice was coming out, I went into the end of march still believing there wasn't a 1st round QB in that class, or better yet a true "gun slinger!"

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Forte I like, like I said just a durable vet that can guide, give some leadership in the huddle when its crunch time.

* passing game does need depth and well starters, I say if Hue doesn't want JM there gonna part with Gordon as well.

So again I say, let's see if we can trade out of #1 gain extra picks this year and next, and let the board come to us, no reaching, no tunnel vision, just take and fill the roster with quality picks ( I hope) ..

This QB class right now has that feeling when Matty Ice was coming out, I went into the end of march still believing there wasn't a 1st round QB in that class, or better yet a true "gun slinger!"

DAL might be a trade partner...if fan response has any bearing, I'm starting to think that Hardy might not stick. If they covet Bosa, maybe you have that trade partner, but I don't see any player that will drive a huge amount of picks.

Dropping to 4 with at least another 2nd or 3rd...that would be ideal.