• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hue Jackson...Browns new HC

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But couldn't he have done better than CLE?

I here ya...but #1 overall pick...so he gets clean sheet of paper to work with @ QB...idt think CLE even has a GM yet, so he likely reports to the owner.

Hate to say it this way, but he probably gets 3-4 yrs and we're seeing another guy in there.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I here ya...but #1 overall pick...so he gets clean sheet of paper to work with @ QB...idt think CLE even has a GM yet, so he likely reports to the owner.

Hate to say it this way, but he probably gets 3-4 yrs and we're seeing another guy in there.

Par for the course in CLE.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just posted this in another thread, but Cleveland was willing to give him more of a say in personnel decisions, starting with helping to identify the next GM.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted this in another thread, but Cleveland was willing to give him more of a say in personnel decisions, starting with helping to identify the next GM.

Yeah but given the history of the franchises I'd take less control in SF over more control in CLE.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but given the history of the franchises I'd take less control in SF over more control in CLE.

idk about that...well, weather is better in JAN in SF...if they ever play a game in JAN...couldn't help it...lol

Seriously...this is the Not For Long league...not many Rooney or Mara type owners out there anymore.

You get as many feathers in your cap as you can...sounds as if he'll have a hand in picking his GM.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really... Cleveland is a talent laden team that just needs a competent head coach.
They've been a QB away from decency for at least 3-4 yrs...have #1 overall so he'll have his pick of the QBs in the draft. Joe Thomas never did want to leave from the sound of it, but now they need to figure out a way to keep Mack and imo Schwartz is pretty avg @ RT.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idk about that...well, weather is better in JAN in SF...if they ever play a game in JAN...couldn't help it...lol

Seriously...this is the Not For Long league...not many Rooney or Mara type owners out there anymore.

You get as many feathers in your cap as you can...sounds as if he'll have a hand in picking his GM.

Yeah, I'm not too sure San Fran isn't just as bad as Cleveland right now. Hard to believe they were so close to a title just a few seasons ago

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been a QB away from decency for at least 3-4 yrs...have #1 overall so he'll have his pick of the QBs in the draft. Joe Thomas never did want to leave from the sound of it, but now they need to figure out a way to keep Mack and imo Schwartz is pretty avg @ RT.

Which means they'll listen to the media and pick the biggest bust, its a given in Cleveland.

Or they could trade out, claim a few extra picks and get OL, WR's that actually help a QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means they'll listen to the media and pick the biggest bust, its a given in Cleveland.

Or they could trade out, claim a few extra picks and get OL, WR's that actually help a QB.

This might not be a good harvest year for #1 overall...I think we're looking at Bortles type player in Paxton from Memphis or Goff from Cal...legit NFL starter potential, but not a can't miss prospect.

HOU wanted to fleece ATL for Clowney because of all the hype surrounding him. Falcons said we'll go 1st and 3rd, but no more...foolishly they decided to keep a pick that didn't even fit their system...now they might be looking to move up to get a QB. If that does happen I will curious to see what the offer might be, but I think something similar...1st and 3rd. if so I wouldn't trade down.

CLE...I'm not enamored with Bosa, certainly in their 3-4 scheme. Tunsil, the OT makes some sense, but I'd take Paxton...do what I could to retain Mack @ C...Thomas is a stud and OGs are decent players.

Or...Maybe I take RG3 off the scrap heap when WAS cuts him...now I'm okay with a 1st (no less than top 15) and 3rd for #1 overall and I go after the DE from CLEM, Lawson and pick up an insurance QB later in the draft.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fired in 2 years

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he has already stunk it up once before as HC and with Coughlin and others on the market, he wouldn't get a shot at a good team anyway....But true to Cleveland form, need to stop losing ? Fire one loser HC and go hire another loser HC.....
4-12 is a liberal outlook for 2016....Bad hire !!!! :scratch:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be cautiously optimistic about the hire and I think the Browns go with Goff out of Cal with the #2 overall pick. I'd love Bosa to end up in Cle, but their QB situation is pretty brutal and they will probably head in that direction.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will also deserve a 3rd shot a year or two from now when this doesn't work out. Raiders...now Browns. I understand that HC jobs don't grow on trees, but I would think one has to think very seriously about risking their name with these dysfuctional franchises.

We both know that could very well happen. Reportedly Jackson will have some say in who the GM will be. If they do take one these kids in the draft @ QB...you have to let that learning curve mature a couple of years at least...if the OFC still stinks in '17, he will probably be on shaky ground but I get the sense CLE will stick with Jackson for 3 years.

Then he'll go back to being an OC most likely.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might not be a good harvest year for #1 overall...I think we're looking at Bortles type player in Paxton from Memphis or Goff from Cal...legit NFL starter potential, but not a can't miss prospect.

HOU wanted to fleece ATL for Clowney because of all the hype surrounding him. Falcons said we'll go 1st and 3rd, but no more...foolishly they decided to keep a pick that didn't even fit their system...now they might be looking to move up to get a QB. If that does happen I will curious to see what the offer might be, but I think something similar...1st and 3rd. if so I wouldn't trade down.

CLE...I'm not enamored with Bosa, certainly in their 3-4 scheme. Tunsil, the OT makes some sense, but I'd take Paxton...do what I could to retain Mack @ C...Thomas is a stud and OGs are decent players.

Or...Maybe I take RG3 off the scrap heap when WAS cuts him...now I'm okay with a 1st (no less than top 15) and 3rd for #1 overall and I go after the DE from CLEM, Lawson and pick up an insurance QB later in the draft.

I would start by rebuilding that OL, as you said it has missing pieces, two veteran RB right now come to mind for FA or trade, Lynch ( got a feeling he's done with the Hawks) then there is Murray in Philly, why not get a running game going that can help a young QB if it's still Manzel, or a younger guy in the draft, or even a signed vet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start by rebuilding that OL, as you said it has missing pieces, two veteran RB right now come to mind for FA or trade, Lynch ( got a feeling he's done with the Hawks) then there is Murray in Philly, why not get a running game going that can help a young QB if it's still Manzel, or a younger guy in the draft, or even a signed vet.

OL...if PFF's grades have any merit...LT, elite...LG,C were high quality...RG & RT had "good" grades.

The rookie RB Johnson showed some promise...he's a keeper....CLE tops needs imo

• QB
  • Edge pass rusher
  • WR1
Now, if they lose Mack...he's got some type FA out in his deal I understand, they drafted Erving in the 1st round for insurance.

JM was a bad mistake, was never a 1st round talent even...I wouldn't be afraid to go QB again because he failed...his NFL fate was scribbled in stone on draft day. At the same time...I would listen to offers and consider trading down with my eye on getting one of the QBs that slides into the 2nd round