• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard Did Not Want To Play With D'antoni Or Kobe

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He officially returned to the team on January 29, 1996, and played his first game the following day against the Golden State Warriors. Coming off the bench, Johnson had 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 10 assists to help the Lakers to a 128-118 victory.

Welcome back Magic!!

[YOUTUBE]xxIWuT-klrw[/YOUTUBE]

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't listen to the video here at the office, but was he talking overall careers? A few years ago that was certainly the case. Lebron is closing that gap numbers wise and has been the best player in the world for several years now. Magic does call Lebron the best player in the world currently. I think Kobe still has him regarding overall careers. I also think, with Lebron currently in his prime, he will likely surpass Kobe's numbers.

This whole topic certainly has your panties all twisted up. Was Magic's tweet really that big of a deal?

:agree:. Right now if both never play another possession.. then Kobe's resume is more impressive. The answer to this discussion wont be known for at least another 7-10 years when Lebron's career is ending. but honestly, who gives a shit? im sure laker fans are plenty happy with the 5 banners kobe help raise. i know i am happy as hell about the two lebron brought to miami.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't listen to the video here at the office,but was he talking overall careers? A few years ago that was certainly the case. Lebron is closing that gap numbers wise and has been the best player in the world for several years now. Magic does call Lebron the best player in the world currently. I think Kobe still has him regarding overall careers. I also think, with Lebron currently in his prime, he will likely surpass Kobe's numbers.

This whole topic certainly has your panties all twisted up. Was Magic's tweet really that big of a deal?
The bottom line is that some players are on better teams than others. To imply that rings decide who's better is asinine logic by Johnson.

Is Danny Ainge better than Jerry West?
Tony Parker > Iverson?
Tim Duncan > Wilt?
Robert Parrish > Hakeem?
Russell > Kareem?
Pippen > Bird?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that some players are on better teams than others. To imply that rings decide who's better is asinine logic by Johnson.

Is Danny Ainge better than Jerry West?
Tony Parker > Iverson?
Tim Duncan > Wilt?
Robert Parrish > Hakeem?
Russell > Kareem?
Pippen > Bird?

Rings are always a part of the discussion when talking about all-time greats. Not the only criteria, but certainly an important one. Lebron understood how rings enhance one's legacy. Why do you think he joined up with his buddy in Miami?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rings are always a part of the discussion when talking about all-time greats. Not the only criteria, but certainly an important one. Lebron understood how rings enhance one's legacy. Why do you think he joined up with his buddy in Miami?

Exactly!! JD acts like Magic is the only great player who has ever said that about rings!! It's what the great players use to separate themselves from one another!! They all know that they are overall fairly equal in terms of greatness and what they each meant to the game, so rings becomes the tiebreaker!!

And you're right, JD's panties do seem to be especially twisted up today!!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might enhance it....but it's not the all end all.

If James never won a title...... Finals MVP's Dirk and Billups > James and K. Malone?

End of their career rings J. Kidd and G. Payton > Stockton and Nash?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If James never won a title...... Finals MVP's Dirk and Billups > James and K. Malone?

That's what I said.

If James never won a title he wouldn't be in the discussion of all-time greats.

Don't know why you keep up with the silly > comparisons.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! JD acts like Magic is the only great player who has ever said that about rings!! It's what the great players use to separate themselves from one another!! They all know that they are overall fairly equal in terms of greatness and what they each meant to the game, so rings becomes the tiebreaker!!

And you're right, JD's panties do seem to be especially twisted up today!!
Who else has implied that rings are all that matters when comparing players?

We're not taking about Tennis or Golf or Nascar.......we're talking about a team sport.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about an answer to why you think Lebron signed in Miami? It wasn't for the weather.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you're not getting is that for those guys, it is "the be all, end all"!! They see themselves as more or less equal in terms of how great they were and their impact on the game, so they use rings as the way to separate themselves from one another in terms of how they are ranked!!

And after all, they're the one's with the rings, so who are we to tell them they're wrong?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else has implied that rings are all that matters when comparing players?

We're not taking about Tennis or Golf or Nascar.......we're talking about a team sport.

Uh, MJ, Bird, Barkley (to name a few)!! MJ gave the same reason Magic did for why he ranks Kobe ahead of Lebron!!

Why do you think guys like Karl Malone, Charles Barkley and Gary Payton signed on with different teams later in their careers if not to chase a ring?

As rule pointed out, Lebron didn't join D-Wade and Bosh in Miami because of the weather!! He must think rings are pretty important too!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said.

If James never won a title he wouldn't be in the discussion of all-time greats.

Don't know why you keep up with the silly > comparisons.
:rofl:

Havlicek won 8 rings. He would be considered better than James? In Magic's book he would, though

A lot of people have Jerry West in their top 15-20 and he went 1-8 in the Finals. That ring he did win was won at the tail end of his career and he admitted himself that he played poorly in the Finals.

Why is Jerry considered an all-time great?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

Havlicek won 8 rings. He would be considered better than James? In Magic's book he would, though

A lot of people have Jerry West in their top 15-20 and he went 1-8 in the Finals. That ring he did win was won at the tail end of his career and he admitted himself that he played poorly in the Finals.

Why is Jerry considered an all-time great?

th

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about an answer to why you think Lebron signed in Miami? It wasn't for the weather.
Because he didn't have the opportunity as most did to play with talent at the beginning of his career. Plus he knew the Cavs history of never being able to lure great FA's to play in Cleveland. After 7 years of playing with garbage, a player of his magnitude wanted to be around players who could finish and possibly win a title.

Almost forgot.......Oscar was never considered an all-time great until he won his only title in his 11th year.....:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the perfect image/ quote for Johnson's tweet. Except he's been going full retard for years.

Magic wasn't the one who asked why Jerry West is considered an all-time great!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he didn't have the opportunity as most did to play with talent at the beginning of his career. Plus he knew the Cavs history of never being able to lure great FA's to play in Cleveland. After 7 years of playing with garbage, a player of his magnitude wanted to be around players who could finish and possibly win a title.

Almost forgot.......Oscar was never considered an all-time great until he won his only title in his 11th year.....:laugh3:

But why would he want to win titles?

Was he afraid that people would think

Robert Horry > Lebron James

Sasha Vujacic > Lebron James

:lol:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic wasn't the one who asked why Jerry West is considered an all-time great!!
But why is he? He went 0-8 in the Finals until he "finally won one" when Wilt arrived at the tail end of Jerry's career? All of a sudden he's an all-time great because of a title?

Bobby Jones > Jerry??

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would he want to win titles?

Was he afraid that people would think

Robert Horry > Lebron James

Sasha Vujacic > Lebron James

:lol:
If he was afraid of what people thought, he would have pulled a Kobe before the draft and steered himself to one of the best NBA franchises. He wouldn't have signed an extension a few years later, giving the Cavsw front office a chance to bring in talent.

Nice use of Magic logic player comparison above....it is pretty dumb, huh?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was afraid of what people thought, he would have pulled a Kobe before the draft and steered himself to one of the best NBA franchises. He wouldn't have signed an extension a few years later, giving the Cavsw front office a chance to bring in talent.

Nice use of Magic logic player comparison above....it is pretty dumb, huh?

That's not Magic logic, it's your logic!! And if titles don't matter (more JD logic) then why would he ever leave Cleveland? After all, according to you, he could have stayed in Cleveland, won zero titles and still end up the GOAT!!