• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much longer til Pete Carrol gets fired?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The more the team becomes full of his people, the worse they get. They gave Whitehurst that pretty big contract and they don't even really wanna use him. I'd be surprised if he makes it past next season.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more the team becomes full of his people, the worse they get. They gave Whitehurst that pretty big contract and they don't even really wanna use him. I'd be surprised if he makes it past next season.

It's hard to say. All the teams in the division are only a player or two or perhaps a play or two from being in contention in future years because the division is so bad. If they feel they have a chance of winning I bet they keep him around.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did win the division last year and won their first playoff game. That was all in his first year. He's not going anywhere.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for another season or 2 IMO... won the division last yr n a playoff match.... got to give him a chance(plus what looks like top 10 pick)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe sometime next year, they won't fire him a year after winning a playoff game.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their team is having a bad season but they're still going to be in competition for the #2 team in the division. Due to his success last season I don't think they've given up on him quite yet or if that is even i their minds at all.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please correct me if my memory is wrong but doesn't Pete's history in the NFL state that he gets worse over time. Last year he went 7-9, this year he will be 5-11 next year he will go 4-12 and be fired for the last time in the NFL.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seahawks are kinda rebuilding. unless its obvious that he's the wrong choice, why fire him??

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please correct me if my memory is wrong but doesn't Pete's history in the NFL state that he gets worse over time. Last year he went 7-9, this year he will be 5-11 next year he will go 4-12 and be fired for the last time in the NFL.

I want him to go 6-10 this year, 5-11 the next, 4-12 the next, and so on. It would be nice to have one team every year we didn't have to worry about. Oh, and the wins should be against the Rams, Cards, Dallas, and Green Bay.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not this year. The D is playing well. They'll give him one more offseason. Carroll was a pretty big hire for them. Took convincing to get him to leave college and they threw a lot of money at him. Whitehurst is likely done after the year though. Same with Tavaris. They should have drafted Andy Dalton or Ryan Mallett when they had the chance.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't a whole lot of better candidates out there right now anyways. Perry Fewell will probably get his shot somewhere after the season, but beyond that there isn't much to go after. Gruden just re-signed with ESPN and unless a team can convince Cowher to come out of retirement the list is thin. Maybe Wade Philips gets another shot? All though i think it's too soon.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year. The D is playing well. They'll give him one more offseason. Carroll was a pretty big hire for them. Took convincing to get him to leave college and they threw a lot of money at him. Whitehurst is likely done after the year though. Same with Tavaris. They should have drafted Andy Dalton or Ryan Mallett when they had the chance.

I'm certainly glad they didn't draft Dalton, Mallett looked pretty decent in the preseason so I'm glad they didn't take him either.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The college that was rapidly hit with sanctions upon his exit? He knew what was coming, and I don't think it took much convincing for him to leave. He'll be back in the NCAA by the fall of 2013. He is good at recruiting, horrible at in-game decisions and not cut out for the hours necessary to coach in the NFL. The only question is where he will end up. My guess is Florida.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The college that was rapidly hit with sanctions upon his exit? He knew what was coming, and I don't think it took much convincing for him to leave. He'll be back in the NCAA by the fall of 2013. He is good at recruiting, horrible at in-game decisions and not cut out for the hours necessary to coach in the NFL. The only question is where he will end up. My guess is Florida.

Ugh! As a Volunteer fan, that would suck! Would add to the recruiting competition in the SEC! Though I think FL will give Muschamp a few years at least before they get rid of him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle will have a high draft pick and next draft supposedly has good QBs past Luck. this will rejuvenate Seahawk fans.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The game against the Browns should bring up questions on the Seahawks' coaching staff. Granted their starting QB, Center, and RB were out but it's not like Jackson and Unger got hurt before the game like Lynch. The Hawks were coming off of a bye therefore had an extra week to prepare for the Browns. Their defense was able to hold the Browns to 6 points yet they only put up 3 of their own... With that extra time, they were not able to fully prepare Whitehurst and the back up center... That to me is a coaching short coming... It's not like they don't know what they have in Whitehurst coming in to the game... If they did not think he could handle it then why would they trust him to be the primary backup and not pick up someone else that could come in an at least move the offense?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the word around the LA sports writers is that once Sanchez left for the NFL Carrol decided to leave. That's why he was pushing so hard to keep him in school for his senior year. Then he was forced to start a true freshman at QB and the team was gonna struggle like it has for the last couple of seasons. But once Sanchez left, he started his plans for departure Again, this is just talk amongst some of the writers out here.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Whitehurst trade isn't exactly a fireable offense, but its a big strike against him. Now has spent lots of resources on two seemingly useless QBs. Playoff win maybe not worth all that much to an objective eye, was the result of the weakest division ever and a miraculous run by Lynch.......I wouldn't guarantee him anything past midseason next year.