• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many teams

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you thinking are calling the browns for Haden right now? If the Browns were willing to trade their best offensive player (who was cheap by the way) they might be willing to get rid of their best defensive player (who I don't think is cheap)

Hey come to think of it. Maybe they can trade us some lineman!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you thinking are calling the browns for Haden right now? If the Browns were willing to trade their best offensive player (who was cheap by the way) they might be willing to get rid of their best defensive player (who I don't think is cheap)

Hey come to think of it. Maybe they can trade us some lineman!

Now your'e talking. Forget Haden....give me Joe Thomas lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they consider Haden (and Thomas of course) building blocks. For whatever reason they didn't see Richardson that way. My guess is there is a little more to the story than is getting out at this time. Personally I take either of those guys of Trent in a heart beat. You want to give up 2 first rounders and they may listen.

Why trade him now instead of waiting a few more weeks. I know there is a possibility of injury, but it really makes it look like they don't want to win a lot of games this year...I guess that is the strategy even though they are denying it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they consider Haden (and Thomas of course) building blocks. For whatever reason they didn't see Richardson that way. My guess is there is a little more to the story than is getting out at this time. Personally I take either of those guys of Trent in a heart beat. You want to give up 2 first rounders and they may listen.

Why trade him now instead of waiting a few more weeks. I know there is a possibility of injury, but it really makes it look like they don't want to win a lot of games this year...I guess that is the strategy even though they are denying it.

I'd give next years 1 and 2 for Thomas right now

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give next years 1 and 2 for Thomas right now

You'd be giving up Dez or T. Smith also in that trade, because we wouldn't be able to keep them all

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be giving up Dez or T. Smith also in that trade, because we wouldn't be able to keep them all

I would disagree with ya there. Obviously, Cleveland would have to pay part of the Thomas salary this year. I think what we would have to give up would be Spencer next year(with Crawford being the hope), Doug Free, Mac B, and maybe Miles Austin, along with a restructure from Romo and Brandon Carr. Add in a boost in the salary cap, and I think we could add Thomas and resign our young guys, signing them to long term deals with huge up front money, piling the biggest cap hits 5 and 6 years down the line when Romo, Witten and Ware will be coming off the books

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. We would need to pay Thomas about $10M per year. Spencer, IMO, is already gone after the year and the others don't amount to much. Miles could be gone either way also, depending on his play. I like Miles, but something has to give. Cutting him before next year is only slightly better for the cap than keeping him, but would pay huge benefits starting in 2015. However, we would need to replace him in the lineup and do so with an aging Witten. Not sure that makes us a better team.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't of gave up Hayden for anything less than TRich. Apparently dude is a stud and will be for years to come, there's no reason for us to get rid of him - especially when he plays a needed position. Fucking dumbass trade proposal imo (if we're the ones offering) Deal or no deal? No deal.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree with ya there. Obviously, Cleveland would have to pay part of the Thomas salary this year. I think what we would have to give up would be Spencer next year(with Crawford being the hope), Doug Free, Mac B, and maybe Miles Austin, along with a restructure from Romo and Brandon Carr. Add in a boost in the salary cap, and I think we could add Thomas and resign our young guys, signing them to long term deals with huge up front money, piling the biggest cap hits 5 and 6 years down the line when Romo, Witten and Ware will be coming off the books

Even without trading for Thomas salary dump then agree to pay some of his salary. I'd love JT too but he's not a possibility, even in a pipe dream.